Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Post

Bright (2017) [Netflix]

Set in a world where mystical creatures live side by side with humans. A human cop is forced to work with an Orc to find a weapon everyone is prepared to kill for.

2. Post
    Looks like a hot mess, does David Ayer have some kind of blackmail material on Will Smith?

3. Post
    What are we some sorta.... bright?

4. Post
    At least he's not chasing Margot Robbie around still

5. Post
    I wish this was a series and not a movie.

6. Post
    Mancubus wrote:
    I wish this was a series and not a movie.
    Grimm?

7. Post
    Never watched it.

8. Post
    Looks interesting

9. Post
    Is it an Alien Nation remake?

10. Post
    long time RPG players will like the ShadowRun vibe

11. Post

12. Post
    Meh.

13. Post
    Reminding me of the underrated Alien Nation.

14. Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	130 
Size:	178.8 KB 
ID:	220248

15. Post

16. Post
    Can't say I'm surprised at all, given how shite the trailer was.

17. Post
    I thought it was good.**** me right

18. Post
    Swampy wrote:
    I thought it was good.**** me right
    I thought it was okay too, not deserving of such scathing reviews. Will Smith and Joel Edgerton were really good, the racial allegory was pretty heavy-handed and the plot was muddled but overall not hugely bad. Which is surprising given what a massive turd it's writer Max Landis is.

19. Post
    It wasnt too bad. Very watchable. Cringy moments with the elves and the tacked on dark lord story. Otherwise was a fairly standard cop movie.

20. Post
    Just watched it, it was passable but not a movie that I'll ever want to watch again. It takes itself way too seriously for my liking. I knew it was David Ayer so I wasn't exactly expecting a laugh out loud experience, but I thought it would be something similar in tone to Hellboy, instead it was closer to Underworld in tone and it just didn't do it for me. I thought Joel Edgerton was outstanding in this, any of the humor that is in the movie came from his character, as for Will Smith, in this movie I saw Will Smith playing Will Smith the police officer, nothing special.

21. Post
    I enjoyed it, critics got this completely wrong and the user ratings are a prime example of this. Watch the movie and judge it for yourself, don't let corrupt critics who are paid by hollywood to shit on Netflix at every opportunity (tinfoil paranoid? probably)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unknown.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	220253

7/10 easy, not amazing but not shit tier as critics make it seem.

22. Post
    Watched it last night, enjoyed it left me wanting to know more

Sent from my m3 note using Tapatalk

23. Post
    Watched last night. It was ok I guess. Not exactly a blockbuster, but it was watchable.

Kinda one of those movies that has a plot that you don't care about. The main characters are willing to die for something that they also don't know anything about. You see the bad guys show up and there's barely any explanation as to what they want or why. It's cleared up slightly in the end, but it's still really weak writing.

Also the movie is just one big metaphor about real life race relations. The Orcs are blacks and the Elves are whites. Almost made it hard to watch because it was so obnoxious and in your face.

24. Post
    WeenieBeenie wrote:
    Also the movie is just one big metaphor about real life race relations. The Orcs are blacks and the Elves are whites. Almost made it hard to watch because it was so obnoxious and in your face.
    Especially that first 30 minutes right up to before they encounter the wand, holy shit, could it have been laid on any more heavy handed? I thought I was watching a Neill Blomkamp film there was so much social commentary using make believe creatures and cgi.

25. Post
    Rekuja wrote:
    don't let corrupt critics who are paid by hollywood to shit on Netflix at every opportunity (tinfoil paranoid? probably)
    After unsuccessfully railing against this theory in the Last Jedi thread it seems I'm howling into the void on this, but no there's not some grand critic conspiracy. They get paid for shit. I think a confluence of factors led to this getting a low score (mainly Ayer's and Landis' reputation) and yes probably a bit of Netflix bias.