Page 1 of 8 1234 ... Last

1. Post

BlizzCon 2018 Thread

Who's watching? Opening ceremony just started. Hoping for a D2 remake/remaster. And maybe some sort of D4 tease.

Warcraft III: Reforged!!

Last edited by Valeyard; 3rd November 2018 at 8:22 am.

2. Post
    classic Wow hype

3. Post
    Diablo on mobile ugh.

4. Post
    LOL they are going mobile app with D3

5. Post
    this guy is so cringy

6. Post
    Guess its all about Warcraft this year. Maybe the whats next diablo panel has something.

7. Post
    I dont have ticket

8. Post
    Urgh that Diablo game is dissapointing. Not sure how they are going to explain Diablo being err not dead between d2 and d3. Oh well the wait continues.

9. Post

10. Post
    Apparently someone asked if it was an april fools joke. damn lol.

11. Post

LOL

12. Post
    I think they knew their would be backlash. The announcement of Reforged was to offset the disappointment from immortal.

13. Post
    any hearthstone news

couldn't care less anymore about anything else blizzard makes

14. Post
    Played a bit of the WoW Classic demo just before... hoo boy, hype is real now. A big part of the fun was just talking to people about Vanilla memories. ****ing love it.

15. Post
    Skorky wrote:
    Played a bit of the WoW Classic demo just before... hoo boy, hype is real now. A big part of the fun was just talking to people about Vanilla memories. ****ing love it.
    Ony attunement is my favourite memory from vanilla WoW. The quest line took f'n ages, and it pissed me off, but at the end you actually felt like you achieved something. Now it's all too easy.

Oh and being one of the first on my server to have the gutgore ripper dagger on my rogue. PvP was fun after acquiring that so early on in MC raiding.

16. Post
    the Diablo game is a re-skin of a Netease game

17. Post
    So glad i didn't bother with a virtual ticket this year, everything they have announced was just a disappointment.

RIP Diablo

18. Post
    Wow cant believe the bomb they dropped with diablo. Im picking it will be microtransaction city?? They sure did get crucified. People aren't happy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

19. Post
    WhangaDan wrote:
    Ony attunement is my favourite memory from vanilla WoW. The quest line took f'n ages, and it pissed me off, but at the end you actually felt like you achieved something. Now it's all too easy.

Oh and being one of the first on my server to have the gutgore ripper dagger on my rogue. PvP was fun after acquiring that so early on in MC raiding.
    Yeah it was that almost everything could feel like a real achievement. Almost entirely because of just how grueling everything could be, but that made it so satisfying.

I really enjoyed getting this quest done: https://www.wowhead.com/quest=5166/b...romatic-flight

Wasn't even that good for me at the time iirc, but it was a journey!

20. Post
    A couple of things. Diablo Immortal is being made in partnership with NetEase so its very likely looking to hit the Chinese market which makes a lot of financial sense. It also means that it will likely use a less obnoxious micro-transaction system then we're used to, and follow the system Chinese mobile games follow. Would prefer it to be a premium mobile game with an upfront cost, but I have no issue with this game.
    People saying RIP Diablo, or Diablo is dead, or anything of that sort is being precious imo and is also divorced from reality. This will likely make massive amounts of money, and when the mainline Diablo games we know are in production are released people will buy them. Funny how intellect and rationale goes out the window when mobile games are mentioned.
    Lastly I will admit that Immortal being the only Diablo announcement was a mistake. All Blizz had to do was tease Diablo 4, or even D2 Remastered and a lot of negative buzz would have been curbed.

As it stands we have a new mobile game coming that looks fun. If handled well it will be causing an epidemic of temporary paralysis with many a pooper in the not too distant future.

This likely had little impact on the dev cycle for Diablo 4 or Diablo 2 remaster as the game looks to be leveraging a lot from NetEase, with maybe design and QA being the major thing being contributed by Blizzard. There is literally nothing to be upset about here. The next Diablo is still coming. It's not been delayed. If you don't care about the mobile game then dont play it. You've lost nothing.

People aren't happy. Collectively people (especially gamers) are reactionary idiots.

21. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    A couple of things. Diablo Immortal is being made in partnership with NetEase so its very likely looking to hit the Chinese market which makes a lot of financial sense. It also means that it will likely use a less obnoxious micro-transaction system then we're used to, and follow the system Chinese mobile games follow. Would prefer it to be a premium mobile game with an upfront cost, but I have no issue with this game.
    People saying RIP Diablo, or Diablo is dead, or anything of that sort is being precious imo and is also divorced from reality. This will likely make massive amounts of money, and when the mainline Diablo games we know are in production are released people will buy them. Funny how intellect and rationale goes out the window when mobile games are mentioned.
    Lastly I will admit that Immortal being the only Diablo announcement was a mistake. All Blizz had to do was tease Diablo 4, or even D2 Remastered and a lot of negative buzz would have been curbed.

As it stands we have a new mobile game coming that looks fun. If handled well it will be causing an epidemic of temporary paralysis with many a pooper in the not too distant future.

This likely had little impact on the dev cycle for Diablo 4 or Diablo 2 remaster as the game looks to be leveraging a lot from NetEase, with maybe design and QA being the major thing being contributed by Blizzard. There is literally nothing to be upset about here. The next Diablo is still coming. It's not been delayed. If you don't care about the mobile game then dont play it. You've lost nothing.

People aren't happy. Collectively people (especially gamers) are reactionary idiots.
    It's just the wrong place to announce it IMO. You're going into an audience that's mostly 'hardcore' (i.e. not mobile-focused) American gamers and you announce a mobile game that primarily exists for the Chinese market. What did they really expect? And then replying with stuff like "don't you guys have phones?" makes an already bad situation worse. Combine that with the lack of D3 announcements and it's far less about gamers being 'reactionary idiots' and more about a shitty marketing department.

Same thing happened with the C&C mobile game, doesn't matter how 'fun' it is when you announce it to completely the wrong crowd.

22. Post
    phew, theyre gonna make more money, Im relieved. I just love seeing the backlash. I already lost faith in them creating a Diablo product I'd enjoy.

23. Post
    Not arguing its tone deafness. Also not what I am talking about. Up until what I've posted below I have not referred to the Blizzcon audience, just the general gaming audiences reaction. Gamers here are being dicks about it. That really is the big takeaway here.

Kog wrote:
    phew, theyre gonna make more money, Im relieved. I just love seeing the backlash. I already lost faith in them creating a Diablo product I'd enjoy.
    This makes you sound like a bit of a dick imo. The backlash is gamers being dicks. As I stated they've literally lost nothing here. And you too seem to be looking at this as it meaning no more mainline Diablo that we know is not the case. Diablo "4" is in the works, and a remaster of Diablo 1 or 2 has also been all but confirmed. This mobile game affects neither of these projects. Different teams, and Acti/Blizz certainly has the money to fun concurrent development for all of them,

This announcement though was handled about as poorly as it could have been. Don't hype a core Diablo audience with a tease and then drop something they're likely not going to be excited to see.

Pretty sure this clip will see a takedown pretty quickly.

24. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Not arguing its tone deafness. Also not what I am talking about. Up until what I've posted below I have not referred to the Blizzcon audience, just the general gaming audiences reaction. Gamers here are being dicks about it. That really is the big takeaway here.
    Some gamers here paid actual money to see that announcment, remember. They found a way to piss off people worldwide by charging for the privilege to see a game not even remotely aimed at them.

Not even Apple would have the balls to do something that crazy.

The backlash is gamers being dicks.
    The gamers aren't the dicks in this scenario, the guys who charged money and hyped the announcement are.

25. Post
    yeah because Blizzcon is about 1 game.
    Diablo 4 was already confirmed to not be at Blizzcon