Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Paying full price for a game I already have just to get slightly newer graphics? No thanks.

3. Post
    They're only charging $30 USD for it from what I read. I look forward to playing it in 4k.

4. Post
    I can't ****ing wait.

5. Post
    Yeah.. i already played this , the graphic upgrade is not going to make this gameplay any better tbh. Prettier sure but i rather they used the time to make wc4 in 4k.

6. Post
    Bloodline wrote:
    I can't ****ing wait.
    Yeah me too, keen as hell.

Didn't even occur to me that it'd be ROC and TFT - mint. Will thrash the campaigns again and then head into custom games for some tower defense

7. Post
    Models and textures.. that looks about it? They should have at least redone that animations and particle effects.

8. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    Yeah.. i already played this , the graphic upgrade is not going to make this gameplay any better tbh. Prettier sure but i rather they used the time to make wc4 in 4k.
    They have a dedicated team that is solely working on their classic titles. It's not like this game is taking away resources from any potential new entry in the series. Also making a new RTS is a risky proposition these days the genre has been overrun by MOBAs. Even Starcraft is struggling to keep its player base.

I am day one on this! I love Warcraft 3, but its basically unplayable now due to the camera and issues with any widescreen resolution.

Pxndx wrote:
    Models and textures.. that looks about it? They should have at least redone that animations and particle effects.
    Thats nostalgia vision for you. I played WC3 a few months ago, and the particles are vastly improved as are the volumetric effects. Not sure what issue you have with the animations though. they look great to me, and they are significantly improved from what I can see. The more advanced models have more nuance and subtle movement.
    Last edited by ChrisB; 7th November 2018 at 2:00 am.

9. Post
    Skorky wrote:
    Yeah me too, keen as hell.

Didn't even occur to me that it'd be ROC and TFT - mint. Will thrash the campaigns again and then head into custom games for some tower defense
    Glad I'm not the only one overly excited by this, it looks great.

I haven't played the campaign in years so it'll be really fresh and I'm mostly just looking forward to that.

10. Post
    This was a welcome announcement at Blizzcon and I can't wait to get back into it.

11. Post
    Pxndx wrote:
    They did, watch the video.

12. Post
    iMAGiNETHAT wrote:
    They did, watch the video.
    Oh yeah I see, but the sudden animation loop that stops then waits to be replayed looks bad for today.
    I played hundreds and hundreds of hours of this yonks ago, but eh, it doesn't look that enticing over the original.

13. Post

14. Post
    That is a shame, but also not all that surprising.
    Splitting Warcraft back into two active properties could be problematic. I am sure it could be done though, but with Starcraft being their go to RTS they'd be cannibalising themselves potentially.

15. Post
    They would have to make WoW non cannon or something. Because it murdered the lore/plot etc

16. Post
    Anyone been playing WC3 in preparation for reforged? Can't remember why I ever stopped playing this game - it's so good. Seems to be a really active community atm. Seen heaps of kiwis on USWest. Really cool that there are still heaps of active professional streamers and tourneys.

17. Post

18. Post
    I'm hearing that this remaster is a low quality trash fire. Has anyone played it?

19. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    I'm hearing that this remaster is a low quality trash fire. Has anyone played it?
    I just heard about this game yesterday, was hoping its a remake. Watched some gameplay, yeah it's a hard pass from me.

20. Post
    apparently buggy , crashes and the graphics upgrade is less than awesome. Kinda completely opposite to what Blizzard normally releases tbh . Except the graphics bit, they tend to be on the low end of the scale.

but hey nostalgia tinted glasses is a big sale thing. Oh and now all mods created in the new mapmaker is owned by Blizzard. I guess they learnt from DOTA . Not sure if that will make things more popular tho

21. Post
    https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2020/0...odders/102042/
    Sounds like an utter mess.

This looks like the shitty Final Fantasy V/VI "remastered" mobile ports sold on Steam, ewww.
    Name:  1577491538054.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  308.9 KB

22. Post
    lol just read that the deleted the original WC3 and now everyone is on this " updated " version lol.

23. Post
    They bait and switched the cutscenes hard - compare this

to this

EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Name:  1577491538054.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  308.9 KB
    Get that Vaseline out of my eyes please.

24. Post
    Fewer animations, so many missing features. This sounds worse the more that I hear about it.

Animations have also been criticized, particularly many unit types have less varied attack and idle animations.

Warcraft III: Reforged has also been criticized for its lack of features compared to the original Warcraft 3, along with other disappointments. Cataloged by two users across r/Warcraft 3 and r/PC Gaming, these include:

• No automated Tournaments
    • No Clans
    • No Profiles
    • No Ladder
    • No 3D animated campaign backgrounds
    • No 3D animated portraits in Battle.net
    • No /slash commands in Battle.net chat
    • No Communal channels listing
    • No Custom Campaigns (and therefore no custom game lobbies)
    • No Battle.net News section
    • Reign of Chaos campaign uses The Frozen Throne campaign balance
    • No new campaigns
    • No new interface
    • Accusations of bad translations for non-English languages.
    • Criticizing the bonuses in the Spoils of War Edition as “charging money for models
    .”
    https://nichegamer.com/2020/01/29/wa...hics-and-more/

25. Post
    Looks like a shitty mobile clone, glad i saved myself $50