1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    This was easily one of my most anticipated games of the year tbh, I feel in love with the initial trailers back when I first saw them.

I was initially holding out for the Switch release for portability but seeing it get bumped further and further back, and accompanied by the 'Switch Tax' I caved and got it months ago on PS4.

Unfortunately the game just didn't really grab me. The gameplay loop is fun and satisfying but the lack of variety in combat felt a bit stale to me. I was expecting a lot more in the way of weapon drops and abilities - possibly just an overly high expectation of the game coming from Binding of Isaac.

I will say that the soundtrack is one of my favorites of all time. The shop theme is delicious, particularly when it mellows a bit at sun-down.

3. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    Unfortunately the game just didn't really grab me. The gameplay loop is fun and satisfying but the lack of variety in combat felt a bit stale to me. I was expecting a lot more in the way of weapon drops and abilities - possibly just an overly high expectation of the game coming from Binding of Isaac.
    Oh man this makes me sad! I've been desperately waiting to play it on my Switch. Should have a review copy any moment now so I guess I'll find out for myself!

4. Post
    Astronug wrote:
    Oh man this makes me sad! I've been desperately waiting to play it on my Switch. Should have a review copy any moment now so I guess I'll find out for myself!
    yeah at the same time though I think I only passed the first dungeon and unlocked the second so I really didn't give it the time it deserved. The other thing, going back to the portability, is that on my ps4 most of my time has been spent grinding away in Destiny 2 with the bro's so any single player experience for me really gets left out in the cold. Maybe I'll jump back in now I'm on a bit of a D2 hiatus.

Oh no wait I'm playing RDR2. And CoD BLOPS 4. And Diablo 3 Eternal Collection. And Dark Souls Remastered.

Backlogs... argh.

5. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    Oh no wait I'm playing RDR2. And CoD BLOPS 4. And Diablo 3 Eternal Collection. And Dark Souls Remastered.

Backlogs... argh.
    I feel you on that buddy. My backlog is the biggest it has ever been. Out of interest, are you playing Dark Souls on your Switch? if so, how are you finding the port?

6. Post
    Switch, and yeah it's fine. For reference the last time I played was PS3 (but played DS3 on PS4) so I don't miss the 60fps.

Biggest problem is the joy cons - mine have started drifting left and not registering when I press 'right' so it's made some of the game, especially walking up high on the rafters / sens fortress super sweaty and frustrating.