Game Of The Year 2018 Discussion Thread

Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
(8 votes)
Page 2 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

1. Post
    Oh yeah divinity is up there alright. I think my attention span must be ****ed or something these days though because I just couldn't get fully into it. Way back when I used to love turn based rpgs but I guess tastes change over time.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

2. Post
    Mine so far:-
    1. Assassin's Creed Odyssey
    2. Far Cry 5
    3. Valkyria Chronicles 4

3. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    2. Far Cry 5
    seriously? this game was mediocre af

4. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    seriously? this game was mediocre af
    Evas list is interesting so say the least..

5. Post
    God of War and Rdr2 are my winners

6. Post
    I'm 60 hours into RDR2, and it's kind of neck and neck with God of War with me for GOTY so far with Destiny Forsaken just behind them.

I may be leaning slightly towards Kratos at this moment, but the more I play RDR2 the more Arthur may steal it....it's a tight one.

****ing good time to be a gamer, regardless.

Haven't played the definitive edition of DOS2 yet....but something tells me that it could be even better than these 3 behemoths overall (put 150 hours into the original DOS2, so it's fair to say I loved it to bits). I see some stating Forsaken as a joke option...it's really bloody good tbh, like best Destiny has been forever, so yeah...it's no joke

7. Post
    This will likely be an unpopular opinion on here but meh.
    Mine is Fortnite or Black Ops 4.
    60 Hour weeks plus 3 kids under 5 means by the time I get to have a jam I'm usually tired asf, so single player games will likely put me to sleep.

8. Post
    matt8485 wrote:
    60 Hour weeks plus 3 kids under 5 means by the time I get to have a jam I'm usually tired asf, so single player games will likely put me to sleep.
    Black Ops 4 is good fun but Blackout is such a piece of shit. I dunno what they were thinking putting perks in like Awareness and Dead Silence and the armor is ridiculous oh and the pretty much insta healing too. I'd rather play Fortnite tbh.
    Last edited by Sverin; 8th November 2018 at 12:32 pm.

9. Post
    Blackout is trash. The beta was the campiest shit I've ever played.

10. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Blackout is trash. The beta was the campiest shit I've ever played.
    Solo is definitely a campfest, so dead silence and awareness are crutch/must have perks.
    Squads/duos is where it's @!!
    Multiplayer is solid too, I even enjoy the Zombies, which I haven't since w@w and Black ops 1.
    Maybe not GOTY, but definitely best bang for buck imo.

11. Post
    RDR 2 for me, although I'd say I'm only 5-6 hours in.

God of War would be second.

Haven't played Assassin's Creed Odyssey yet.

12. Post
    matt8485 wrote:
    Nah it's good to hear some different answers.

I don't even know what new games I've played this year. I'd probably just give it to Warframe lol.

13. Post
    Bfv

Otherwise R6S since I only started playing it in July, been my main jam since.

14. Post
    I still really wanna play Divinity 2 as I loved the original even on wonky ps4 controls.

Haven't got RDR2 yet so I'm going to have to say God of War is my personal GOTY. I really like Assassins Creed Odyssey as my runner up though. It might have gotten good reviews but gamers still generally tend to underrate it or won't try it because of how stale the series had gotten before this. Odyssey is hands down the best game in the series for me, improving on Origins in every single facet.

Other games that have kicked ass

Dragon Quest XI - great JRPG throwback though could have used a hard mode.
    Spiderman
    D2 Forsaken - Easily the best state the game has ever been in. If it wasn't such a famliar experience for me at this point I daresay I would have spent all my time playing this instead.

15. Post
    Hmm I absolutely hate the Ass Creed games and most Ubi games but have to admit all these positive comments about Odyssey have piqued my interest.

16. Post
    <N> wrote:
    Bfv
    How can a game thats not even released yet be your game of the year ? You're basing your opinion on a beta ? Not being a dick but seems like fanboyism at its finest.

17. Post
    Odyssey at the moment for me, Have not put a lot of time into RDR2 so reserving judgement

Currently but also likely to change for me:
    1: Odyssey
    2: GOW
    3: RDR2

18. Post
    Sverin wrote:
    How can a game thats not even released yet be your game of the year ? You're basing your opinion on a beta ? Not being a dick but seems like fanboyism at its finest.
    because it's a hell of a lot better than BF1 already and I've been playing that since it came out, still do. Map design, gunplay, game design is far superior in BFV.

I tend to play Battlefield games through their lifespans until the next one... hardly call myself a fanboy as they all have their issues but so many PC shooters just don't have a player base in OCE, BF1 still has plenty and BFV will have even more.

My game of the year will only really be an FPS game, I don't play much SP games as they bore me. No other MP game is sticking out that has come out this year. CODpuke.

19. Post
    lol @ destiny 2

20. Post
    It's gonna be one of those years where I haven't played any of the 'big ones' I think. Haven't really played much games in general.

There's a couple from this year I'll pick up down the line though.

21. Post
    Actually i really liked Far Cry 5 too. That will probably be one of mine.

22. Post
    Seems a pretty lean year when those games are listed.

I enjoyed Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I put 77 hours into that. Divinity Origin Sin 2 is a masterpiece but the core of the game is two years old so seems disingenuous to nominate it a second time.

Farcry 5 was ok, nothing amazing though.

Pillars of Eternity 2 made some poor design choices (that naval "combat" was god awful) and the maps were tiny.

I don't have a console so that limits what I can play. (lean year for PC it seems)

23. Post
    Rud dud rudumptium tuw!

24. Post
    There were a lot of great single player AAA titles this year across all platforms. Good list OP

25. Post
    Highlights of 2018 were Railway Empire and Genital Jousting.

Into the Breach was commendable. Kingdom Come is likely great but I haven't found the time so can't recommend it yet.

Rimworld I have no plans to play, but from what I've heard and seen it may be the strongest release this year.

Two Point Hospital and Wreckfest probably deserve consideration. House Flipper? The Forest? Frostpunk? Subnautica was pretty popular too.

Bumper crop this year.
    Last edited by lumpy custard; 9th November 2018 at 2:44 am.