Game Of The Year 2018 Discussion Thread

Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
(8 votes)

1. Post
    pyronical wrote:
    lol @ destiny 2
    Forsaken is a really good romp man, the story is even good (well, good for Destiny haha).

Best team based adventuring you can ask for, Destiny raids are like nothing else in gaming IMO, can't knock it till you've conquered one

2. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    seriously? this game was mediocre af
    Good for you. Far Cry 4 is my game of the generation ATM. Far Cry 3,4,5 are unadulterated fun IMO. I enjoy myself immensely whilst playing them.

3. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Good for you. Far Cry 4 is my game of the generation ATM. Far Cry 3,4,5 are unadulterated fun IMO. I enjoy myself immensely whilst playing them.
    Yeah I admit 3 & 4 are awesome games apart from the mind tripping shit. 3 is in my top 10 games of all time. It went downhill with 5 with all the dumb shit like being tranquilized from out of the blue and escaping over & over again, the amount of enemies coming at you all the time, the crappy story etc.
    Last edited by Ins0mn1ac; 9th November 2018 at 10:02 am.

4. Post
    So far for me its AC Odyssey, just finished getting all the achievements that are get-able for now, I almost never do that

5. Post
    RDR2 for me. Runners up in order of personal enjoyment are Far Cry 5, God of War, Kingdom Come Deliverance and Pillars of Eternity 2.
    On my list which I still need to play: AC Odyssey, Subnautica, Ni No Kuni 2, Valkyria Chronicles 4.

6. Post
    For me it would be Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire, followed up by Divinity Original Sin 2.

7. Post
    Throwing in an honorable mention for Starlink. Watching the credits now having just finished it. Repetitive sure but super fun.

8. Post
    God Of War won its first GOTY, many more to come Kratos!

https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/...h-2018-3617063

9. Post
    How many of these games have been released on PC?

10. Post
    brand wrote:
    How many of these games have been released on PC?
    Not as many as all that....DOS2 DE, Deadfire and Destiny Forsaken, the console exclusives have been strong this year for sure.

I'm still tossing up between Kratos and Arthur....both so bloody good.

God of War has better combat for sure, but Red Dead has better characters/storytelling....we are spoilt af with games right now.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

11. Post
    Why Destiny 2?? you are talking about the game of the year or game of the week? . I think Amazing Spiderman and RD Redemption 2 are the most amazing games of the year and one of them should become the game of the year.

12. Post
    kevinwhite wrote:
    Why Destiny 2?? you are talking about the game of the year or game of the week? . I think Amazing Spiderman and RD Redemption 2 are the most amazing games of the year and one of them should become the game of the year.
    Forsaken was released this year and is the best Destiny has ever been...community is legit great right now, in spite of Activision's grumbles.

13. Post
    Yup - and they are still to this day adding quests, weapons etc. Got my main to max level 600 and have not even completed the raid yet, but taking a small break for RDR2 and will definitely be back. I can see why many would scoff at D2 as being a contender for any awards (at its core, it's still just more Destiny) but credit where due, they went all in on Forsaken.

2019 looks bleak however.. the annual pass doesn't inspire much interest or hope.. but will save that for another thread

14. Post
    IST wrote:
    Forsaken was released this year and is the best Destiny has ever been...community is legit great right now, in spite of Activision's grumbles.
    I agree the community of Destiny is becoming stronger, but still, it cannot be a game of the year when there are so many better and amazing games out there, but I admit its a good game in its genre.

15. Post
    kevinwhite wrote:
    I agree the community of Destiny is becoming stronger, but still, it cannot be a game of the year when there are so many better and amazing games out there, but I admit its a good game in its genre.
    It's not Destiny 2 being assessed here, it's the Forsaken expansion which is by most accounts, genuinely great and rightly deserves to be in the conversation.

All that said, THE Game of the Year is God of War for me.

16. Post
    kevinwhite wrote:
    to be fair an Expansion pack that puts the game where it should have been at release (or expansion packs in general) should NEVER be considered for GOTY.

God of War followed very closely by Spider-Man and Dragon Quest XI are my picks. haven't really played much else so far.

purchased so much, played so little heh.

17. Post
    Xpac for Goty now?

18. Post
    Same here,have so many games, and have played so little now

19. Post
    Kog wrote:
    Xpac for Goty now?
    To be fair, there is as much content in Forsaken as there us in most full price AAA games, so it's worthy in the conversation at least.

That being said, if there was an Expansion/DLC award instead, it would surely take it out.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

20. Post
    Looks a pretty safe bet to call it a Sony year, by all accounts so far ps4 exclusives appear to be dominate game
    Of the year discussions and awards

And 2019 is looking just as good if everything releases on time

21. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Looks a pretty safe bet to call it a Sony year, by all accounts so far ps4 exclusives appear to be dominate game Of the year discussions and awards
    How is this even in question? Xbox One doesn't have a single exclusive game that has ever been able to sniff Game of the Year.

22. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Looks a pretty safe bet to call it a Sony year, by all accounts so far ps4 exclusives appear to be dominate game
    lol and the Captain Obvious award goes to...

23. Post
    Ah thanks guys, appreciate it

24. Post
    SirGrim wrote:

And 2019 is looking just as good if everything releases on time
    You mean god of war and spiderman? Haven't seen any others mentioned.

I'm surprised spiderman got a goty nomination honestly, it was OK at best

25. Post
    Spiderman wasn't amazing but was pretty solid & is one of the best selling games of the year so I think it deserves a nomination. Still better than any Xbox games lol.