1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Great review Chris! Looking forward to this coming to console so I can give it a go

3. Post
    "After years of development and a lengthy closed beta period, Gwent was scrapped and taken back to the drawing board."

But it has been in open beta for the last year or two right?

4. Post
    I dont really like Gwent tbh

5. Post
    Is there a difficulty mode? Sounds worryingly easy? Probably played 150 odd hours of the multiplayer gwent.

6. Post
    my issue was Gwent was the pay2win rare cards. On all the different factions, the rare cards were substantially much more powerful than the common etc. And to get them meant paying more and more cash for the random barrels. That is aof course all fine for a MTG and Hearthstone player but dwindled my interest to me interms of gambling and loot boxes based on RNG crates.

7. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    my issue was Gwent was the pay2win rare cards. On all the different factions, the rare cards were substantially much more powerful than the common etc. And to get them meant paying more and more cash for the random barrels. That is aof course all fine for a MTG and Hearthstone player but dwindled my interest to me interms of gambling and loot boxes based on RNG crates.
    What? If you played even a little you could easily build any deck...It didnt take long at all..

8. Post
    Mikos wrote:
    "After years of development and a lengthy closed beta period, Gwent was scrapped and taken back to the drawing board."

But it has been in open beta for the last year or two right?
    Yup, but it was at that point I stopped paying attention. The very next sentence in the review is the context.

Mikos wrote:
    Is there a difficulty mode? Sounds worryingly easy? Probably played 150 odd hours of the multiplayer gwent.
    You would likely cake walk it, but its still a lot of fun and the story is stellar. There are 3 difficulty settings. I played on the middle one. I cannot comment on the hardest difficulty, but it is the one recommended for Gwent veterans, of which I am not.

9. Post
    I'm curious mainly about the story. Last we know about Meve is that she was fighting a guerilla war deep inside Nilfgaard territory, after her main army's been crushed and lands seized. Are there any characters from the games, like Saskia and Iorveth?

10. Post
    mintyOnion wrote:
    I'm curious mainly about the story. Last we know about Meve is that she was fighting a guerilla war deep inside Nilfgaard territory, after her main army's been crushed and lands seized. Are there any characters from the games, like Saskia and Iorveth?
    I don't do spoilers, but yes you will meet characters from the games.

11. Post
    Cool, cheers.

12. Post
    Thanks for the review.

13. Post
    Thanks for the thanks!!

14. Post
    Sales must've been shit being a GOG exclusive. They caved and released it onto Steam.
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/9...Witcher_Tales/

SP only, your cards can't carry over to the GOG exclusive Gwent online card game.
    https://twitter.com/witchergame/stat...84143964712962