Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    So what is the consensus?
    Currently on Spark but contract about to end.
    Avoid Orcon? Those Orcon deals on www.glimp.co.nz are so tempting! 6 months 1/2 price 6 months normal

Any other recommendations or stick to Spark $90/month for Gigatown unlimited

2. Post
    Spark is pretty bad. As is Vodafone in my experience. I've heard bad things about Orcon and Slingshot. Always had great service from MyRepublic.

Spotted that Orcon deal myself too. Is very tempting when my current contract expires...

3. Post
    Tough choice, don't want to get locked into 12 months when provider is horrible, lag during peak hours and weekends.

4. Post
    On Spark and never had any issues at all.

I keep getting Facebook spammed by Unlimited Internet, but I've never heard of them lol

5. Post
    No issues at all with Spark and when Ive had questions Ive found the team on the Spark Messaenger chat great and helpful, im speed and reliability motivated more than price

6. Post
    Bigpipe is where its at.

7. Post
    Yeah id rather pay a little extra with spark to get basically guaranteed connection/service. I chew through 5-8TB/month on my gbit connection, have done for the past 10~ months. Spark has never skipped a beat other than the modem dying randomly.

8. Post
    Avoid Orcon.

Bigpipe does 3 months free on a 12 month contract which is exactly the same as 6 months half price.

Bigpipe = Spark without the name or call center.

9. Post
    i took that Orcon deal and after 5 months with Orcon i have had no problems, yes it does slow down at nights from 900 down to 600 but i dont notice it as 60Mbs download is still quick for my needs and 4 people can still all watch you tube and netflix with no problems and i have yet to contact support so no idea what that is like and in 5 months i have never been without internet, it's solid.

10. Post
    been with bigpipe years and years (maybe 5-6 years?) on adsl and vdsl with no problems at all with max/advertised speeds. will be moving onto fibre with them soonish

11. Post
    Toolman wrote:
    i took that Orcon deal and after 5 months with Orcon i have had no problems, yes it does slow down at nights from 900 down to 600 but i dont notice it as 60Mbs download is still quick for my needs and 4 people can still all watch you tube and netflix with no problems and i have yet to contact support so no idea what that is like and in 5 months i have never been without internet, it's solid.
    As I've said before, from a technical pov Orcon are good. They are generally reliable. But wait until you have an account issue or a customer service issue....yikes.

12. Post
    I switched from Bigpipe to Slingshot last year and haven't noticed much difference overall. Some services are better (faster and/or lower latency) others are worse.

IMO, unless you're doing something special, you can't really go wrong service-wise with Slingshot/Orcon/2degrees/Bigpipe/Spark these days. Which one you pick really comes down to price and preference.

13. Post
    Check or/and leave reviews on our website: https://www.broadbandcompare.co.nz/

14. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    As I've said before, from a technical pov Orcon are good. They are generally reliable. But wait until you have an account issue or a customer service issue....yikes.
    had an issue where they connected me before my then existing contract with another isp was up, easily sorted via their chat. I’ve had no other issues yet and so far their CS has been great. Some are just unlucky I guess

15. Post
    Not actually a steal, more expensive than for example Bigpipe which gives first 3 months free, then cheaper monthly than Orcon.

Worth noting that $42.48 is for 6 months... Not the normal rate, which is $85/month.

I smell a shill account for Glimp, pungent. Bet you didn't even sign up, if you did, you should learn how to math.

Quite interesting that Glimp didn't even list Bigpipe when I did an address search. So much for "Compare the best current deals across ALL of NZ’s leading providers" I guess only the providers that give them a kick back.

Here is a company to avoid (given thread title): Glimp. Do your own homework to avoid being mislead.
    Last edited by Fragluton; 11th July 2019 at 5:48 pm.

16. Post
    Kasun wrote:
    I switched to Orcon for their deal that I found through Glimp for unlimited fibre 100 for $42.48 a month which is an absolute steal. It ends in three days though, get the best broadband deal before it's too late!
    thats the cheap price isnt it, and reverts to full price so averages out $62.50ish a month?

and thats only if you stay for exactly 12 onths, each month over the average goes up.

i got my republic for 59.99 through glimp or nzcompare, cant remember which

17. Post
    Kasun wrote:
    I switched to Orcon for their deal that I found through Glimp for unlimited fibre 100 for $42.48 a month which is an absolute steal. It ends in three days though, get the best broadband deal before it's too late!
    So you're saying it's $42.48 a month indefinitely forever?

If not, get ****ed.

18. Post
    /6mths

Attached Images

19. Post
    B|ind-Reaper* wrote:
    /6mths
    Guessed as much. Everyone knew there was fine print to immediately render it a mediocre deal which he was conveniently omitting.

I'll join the "Avoid Glimp" bandwagon, they'll bait and switch ya.