1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Here are mine from that list, lots I've not played or have experienced so have removed em. Also I've not played Spiderman or AC Odyssey:

Game of the Year
    God of War

Best Action Game
    Dead Cells (I'd actually go Firewall Zero Hour instead but it's not listed)

Best Action/Adventure Game
    God of War

Best Role Playing Game
    Monster Hunter: World

Best Game Direction
    God of War

Best Narrative
    Red Dead Redemption 2

Best Ongoing Game
    Destiny 2: Forsaken

Best Art Direction
    God of War

Best Score/Music
    Celeste

Best Audio Design
    Red Dead Redemption 2

Best Independent Game
    Dead Cells

Best Performance
    Roger Clark as Arthur Morgan, Red Dead Redemption II

Games for Impact
    Celeste

Best VR/AR Game
    Firewall Zero Hour (this all day)

Best Fighting Game
    BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle (Love DBFz but keep coming back to BBCTB)

Best Family Game
    Starlink: Battle for Atlas (I have a feeling it will be mario party but we've not played it yet as it's an xmas prezzie, Starlink has been awesome fun co-op)

Best Multiplayer Game
    Destiny 2: Forsaken (soley for the GPNZ fam)

Favorite Moment of 2017
    Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Game of the Year) (weird having a 2017 in here but ok)

3. Post
    Dragon Quest XI over World for best rpg in my opinion. I loved world initially but its story was non existent, it's monsters lacked enough variety in original models and strategy and its gameplay loop eventually wore pretty thin. World really needed more areas, different kinds of monsters, and G Rank.

Dragon Quest XI on the other hand just scratched my classic JRPG itch in a big way. It was never particularly difficult but everything about it just worked in terms of story, combat and world design.

I do think that World had a far superior soundtrack. DQXL's music can be controller breakingly repetitive.

4. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    Dragon Quest XI over World for best rpg in my opinion. I loved world initially but its story was non existent, it's monsters lacked enough variety in original models and strategy and its gameplay loop eventually wore pretty thin. World really needed more areas, different kinds of monsters, and G Rank.
    I'm gonna try tackle DQXI once I clear a bit of my backlog.. perhaps over xmas. And re: MH:W at the risk of sounding edgey, I've had more enjoyment from the Switch version of XX (well, the GP team ups were decent fun when we were all invested).

5. Post
    I forgot about Dead Cells. That game is exceptional!

6. Post
    man, Josef Fares was so iconic, I hope he wins it cos his rant was something to behold. Imagine getting the publisher you're sh*tting on (and everyone else was by the end of 2017) and getting them to publish your game still lmao

7. Post
    It has Destiny in there for best ongoing game but not Warframe? What a joke.