Page 2 of 2 First 12
Results 26 to 36 of 36

  1. Post
    #26
    microsoft patched all that nice telemetry stuff into windows 7 so there's not much of a difference privacy wise - in fact windows 10 may even be better since you can opt out of stuff as of the Creators Update; i don't think they added anything like that to windows 7

  2. Post
    #27
    >he's not using LTSC

  3. Post
    #28
    I couldn't care less about free windows... free office 365 licenses? Or whatever they call it now?

    I'll run it on windows, linux, android or playstation portable if I have to...

  4. Post
    #29
    Dreaming wrote:
    I used a cheap 7 key for 2-3 years before I booted up one day and got the "This copy of windows may not be legitimate" notification and black desktop background. Contacted the seller and they said that 7 keys were getting banned frequently and the best they could give me was an 8.1 key, but that wouldn't work for activating 7. Used non-legit 7 for almost a year before I decided to try telephone activation and that worked. So they banned the key, then verified the same key. Go figure.
    Can you still do telephone activation with 10? I remember back in the day (this may have been XP) you just used to ring up with your banned key, enter it in, and they'd validate it.

  5. Post
    #30
    EzyE wrote:
    Slightly off topic; is it worth it? I haven't used 10, and I'm still happy with 7, but I imagine I'll have to move regardless within the next few years.
    Only reason I finally upgraded was DX12 is W10 exclusive.

  6. Post
    #31
    G2A now charging people for not logging in lol https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...not-logging-in

    Their reason?

    "It costs money to upkeep accounts (IT infrastructure, server maintenance, etc.) and if someone does not use the account, it doesn't make sense to upkeep it," G2A said.
    If you need any more proof that these keys are dodgy ask yourself, would anyone else pull this stunt?

  7. Post
    #32
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    G2A now charging people for not logging in lol https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...not-logging-in

    Their reason?



    If you need any more proof that these keys are dodgy ask yourself, would anyone else pull this stunt?
    Meh. Read through it. Its not worse than Australia taking all the funds out of my bank account over there simply because I haven't been back for five or so years.

  8. Post
    #33
    teelo7 wrote:
    Meh. Read through it. Its not worse than Australia taking all the funds out of my bank account over there simply because I haven't been back for five or so years.
    All of them? 5 years of inactivity with a bank is not really comparable with 180 days owning an online account with a suspicious key reseller like G2A.

  9. Post
    #34
    sorceror wrote:
    microsoft patched all that nice telemetry stuff into windows 7 so there's not much of a difference privacy wise - in fact windows 10 may even be better since you can opt out of stuff as of the Creators Update; i don't think they added anything like that to windows 7
    Spybot Antibeacon does a pretty good job of blocking window data collecting.. and as an added bonus is far less dodgy looking than the dodgy russian i used to do this job previously.

  10. Post
    #35
    Whenever I've built a computer for a mate, its had a $5 Windows 10 key, They have been running fine for years no issues, one of them replaced his motherboard and rang Microsoft and they issued a new key no charge.

  11. Post
    #36
    i bought one and works fine. The seller says they are legit OEM keys. Now the annoying activation watermark disappeared forever.