1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    So Ps5 in fall 2019 then?

3. Post
    I'd like to think that this confirms the PS5 announcement is in 2019, saving the announcement and all the games for a Sony exclusive event

4. Post
    PSX got cancelled this year as well https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/09...ention-in-2018

5. Post
    Or maybe an early 2020 event for the release of Ps5

6. Post
    huntakillaz wrote:
    Or maybe an early 2020 event for the release of Ps5
    Then I think they'd still go to E3 to show off new gameplay of the 2019 exclusives - but maybe you're right, going to E3 must be expensive and if all they can show is old stuff then why bother

I think it's likely that most first party studios are now working on PS5 games which cannot be shown until the PS5 announcement, and so that means Sony doesn't have many new games it can actually show off. They have some great existing games that will be released in 2019, but anything afterwards they can't talk about yet as that's PS5 territory

Now I'm wondering if MS will even show up as they won't have much to show either if the Xbox One 2 is coming in the next 1 or 2 years - well I mean, not having anything to show hasn't stopped them in the past turning up anyway, but they won't be able to talk about a new forza or a new halo etc until the Xbox 2 announcement date

7. Post
    Microsoft confirmed they're going.

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/1063195210065170432

I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft announce next-gen first this time round.

8. Post
    I'm still saying 2020 for a release

9. Post
    Cant show the same games 5 years in a row I suppose

10. Post
    Pennywiser NZ wrote:
    Cant show the same games 5 years in a row I suppose
    Which ps4 exclusive was shown in 2014, confirmed to be coming and not released?

Or are you talking about Crackdown 3?

11. Post
    SirGrim wrote:

Relax.

I am exaggerating but was referring to things like Days Gone and Death Stranding which seem as though they were announced at E3 forever ago but havent arrived yet

12. Post
    SirGrim wrote:

Crackdown 3 MP was downgraded from being an entirely destructible city to just an arena map, LMAO.

13. Post
    *cry*