Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

Galaxy S10

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/galaxy-...ews-28544.html

2019 will be exciting. will see who uses notch, punch hole or behind screen camera

2. Post
    Looks dope!

3. Post
    How much ?

4. Post
    something like $1500 for the lower model

5. Post
    OCD nightmare!

6. Post
    garandhero wrote:
    something like $1500 for the lower model
    Latest rumours are saying $1100AUD for the entry level model, with 2 higher priced models as well

Pretty much following Apple here, top end will cost $2k probably

And people made fun of the iPhone X price, but they'll be spending the same on their top of the line S10 next year

7. Post
    yeah i am not sure what kinda of tech they can chuck in to justify that pricing.

8. Post
    To be fair, their top end will be some foldable phone won't it? At least its new tech.

Personally I find that punch hole notch worse than a normal notch. Tear drop notch in the middle is the best way to do a notch.

9. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    And people made fun of the iPhone X price, but they'll be spending the same on their top of the line S10 next year
    Except they get a good phone.

10. Post
    I'm with the "Screen-Only Front" crowd, if Samsung does end up adding this pinhole design I'll probably get a Chinese flagship.

11. Post
    pyronical wrote:
    Yeah this

12. Post
    Lol a good phone, that’s funny

13. Post
    pyronical wrote:
    You can try to deflect all yah want, don’t change fax

14. Post
    Iphones are shit bro. Sure they have fast soc's but who cares. Locked down gimpy OS that looks like an excel spreadsheet, dumb connector, no fingerprint reader, costs 2.5k for the proper version of it. THey're phones for grandmas.

15. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    Iphones are shit bro. Sure they have fast soc's but who cares. Locked down gimpy OS that looks like an excel spreadsheet, dumb connector, no fingerprint reader, costs 2.5k for the proper version of it. THey're phones for grandmas.
    Lol triggered much?

16. Post
    he is correct . The main reason to get an iphone nowadays is not for improvements in hardware or value, it is to stay in iOS , which is pretty darn good for the 99% of the consumer base who have no idea how to find and install anything better. The new A12 chip however is the exception, pretty well optimized chip for what Apple has on their phone and tablets. But everything else, is duplicated or bettered elsewhere, camera, screen , ergonomics, technical innovation etc. And the apple tax in pricing on top of it.

17. Post
    The S10 actually looks pretty slick

18. Post
    The more competition, the better. I used to love iPhones, but honestly, there has been no innovation for like 5 years. I don't think ill get this one but I like where Samsung are going. (innovation does not equal removing a headphone jack btw)

19. Post
    Let’s be honest what Android flagship has pushed the boundaries of innovation lately in the hardware?

Huawei Mate 20 Pro with the triple camera? Hardly, the Pixel line disproves any and all with great software and a single lense.
    ... I’m struggling to find anything to mention.

Your comment about duplication is redundant because everyone is copying everyone, and let’s not get into the whole notch, 3.5mm jack conversation.

20. Post
    GenericUSERNAME wrote:
    Let’s be honest what Android flagship has pushed the boundaries of innovation lately in the hardware?

Huawei Mate 20 Pro with the triple camera? Hardly, the Pixel line disproves any and all with great software and a single lense.

Your comment about duplication is redundant because everyone is copying everyone, and let’s not get into the whole notch, 3.5mm jack conversation.
    Not saying these are the bees knees but they are pretty innovative.

Razer with 120hz screen (though Sharp has done this before but not with IPS)

HTC 11u squeeze feature

Sony 3D photo capture

Essential Phone was the first phone with the Notch

Xiaomi sliding camera

Meizu indisplay fingerprint sensor (not secure but still pretty cool)

Samsung amoled

Soon Sony and Samsung will release the first 5G capable phone with the SD855 (game changing)

Sent from Android One.

21. Post
    Does 5G still need 4 antennas? Hello super fast battery drain

Rumour China has stolen Samsung's folding screen tech, won't be long till Hauwei has folding phones

22. Post
    GenericUSERNAME wrote:

well Samsung will be 2nd to Apple in a bendy..i mean folder-able phone for sure . Tho Samsung has been them to a exploding device.

23. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    well Samsung will be 2nd to Apple in a bendy..i mean folder-able phone for sure . Tho Samsung has been them to a exploding device.
    Iphone 4 exploded first.

24. Post
    did it? i thought that was the issue with the antenna

25. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    did it? i thought that was the issue with the antenna
    Certainly did, best mate had to replace one for this same issue https://www.cnet.com/news/iphone-4-a...hile-charging/
    It definitely wasnt as bad as the note 7 for sure.

I certainly remember there being more hubub about it at the time but I was probably just more aware of it due to one fizzling in my personal circle.
    It may have been the iphone 3gs

https://www.cultofmac.com/15298/expl...lt-apple-says/
    Last edited by Arkouda; 5th December 2018 at 10:58 am. Reason: more words