1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    50Hz PAL conversations are unacceptable, especially for fighting games for Tekken 3 and Toshinden.

3. Post
    Why would they add PAL versions? Must be an oversight.

4. Post
    More likely pure laziness. This news + the fact that they're using an open source emulator drives home the notion that this is a cash grab.

5. Post
    what does the open button do

6. Post
    Stasis wrote:
    what does the open button do
    Glorified trigger for ”loading” multi-disk games

7. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    More likely pure laziness. This news + the fact that they're using an open source emulator drives home the notion that this is a cash grab.
    I mean you're not wrong, however I'm interested in the hacking capabilities, has potential. I wish they'd contribute their changes / fixes to the emulator but they won't lul

Haydinho wrote:
    Glorified trigger for ”loading” multi-disk games
    Sweet cheers. Have been curious for so long lol.

8. Post
    If anything, I hope the PlayStation Classic sells well enough that we eventually see a PS2 Classic. Let's just hope if that happens, we get a better selection of genuine classics and some added features for fans to enjoy.
    This is very highly unlikely. As Eva said, Sony wants a cashgrab and neither their own emulator nor PCSX2 can be run on cheap ARM hardware.

People have been asking for an android (ARM) PCSX2 version for ages but it sounds like a ton of work needs to be done before we get there.

Bt wrote:
    Why would they add PAL versions? Must be an oversight.
    A theory that's been floated around is that PAL versions are multi-language and some countries require translated games. Dunno how true that is though.

9. Post
    Stasis wrote:
    I'm interested in the hacking capabilities, has potential..
    Not sure if I'm allowed to link the Digital Foundry/Eurogamer review here, but the hardware is under par compared to the OG Playstation and running slower to boot.

10. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    This is very highly unlikely. As Eva said, Sony wants a cashgrab and neither their own emulator nor PCSX2 can be run on cheap ARM hardware.

People have been asking for an android (ARM) PCSX2 version for ages but it sounds like a ton of work needs to be done before we get there.
    The PCSX2 repo has a very large amount of technical debt it'd have to work out before doing any major additions, from when I looked at the repository for it anyway.

Bu1ld0g wrote:
    Not sure if I'm allowed to link the Digital Foundry/Eurogamer review here, but the hardware is under par compared to the OG Playstation and running slower to boot.
    yeesh was looking at that, wonder if it's underclocked or similar given the hardware is generous for the task.
    Overall then, Sony is fairly generous with its specification here bearing in mind the task at hand. The MediaTek processor is an entry level SoC that hasn't found widespread use, its biggest claim to fame being Acer's processor of choice for its value-orientated Iconia One 10 tablet. The ARM Cortex A35 CPUs are primarily designed for less demanding tasks, making them a good fit for emulating a vintage 1994 games console - all of which makes the sub-par performance of the device rather mystifying.

11. Post
    So, turns out you can access the emulator settings of the PlayStation Classic by plugging in a keyboard and pressing Escape

..which allows you to use multiple save states, scanlines, change games to NTSC for 60 FPS and so on

12. Post
    Also looks like they were planning to release more titles as well https://gist.github.com/Manorhos/18f...235ac618aa16be

13. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    change games to NTSC for 60 FPS and so on
    How does that work? It would have to include multiple versions of the same ROM to do that.

Wait, did you just copy/paste a reddit thread title/Nibel tweet as your post lmao!

BURN_BABY wrote:
    Also looks like they were planning to release more titles as well https://gist.github.com/Manorhos/18f...235ac618aa16be
    Now this would have been a pre-order from me.
    All I wanted was portable Ridge Racer on official hardware, PSTV is hard to find in SA at a reasonable price.
    Might just pick one up in the January sales now!

14. Post
    Bu1ld0g wrote:
    PSTV is hard to find in SA at a reasonable price.
    That's the most bizarre thing about this, the PSTV knocks the PS Classic out of the park in just about every conceivable way for replicating the PS1 experience.

What would've sold me on this is if they'd used PSTV internals w/ the PS Classic housing and a Dualshock controller. Heck, they could've just re-released the PSTV as it was with a bundle of some games and a PS3 controller and it still would've been far better.

15. Post
    Yeah, guess I'll just have to stick with running PC emulators on the lounge TV with a DS4.

Would have been nice if we could somehow redeem OG PS1 discs for a Playstation Classic digital download equivalent.
    I guess that was asking too much of a massive company like SONY.

16. Post
    Bu1ld0g wrote:
    How does that work? It would have to include multiple versions of the same ROM to do that.

Wait, did you just copy/paste a reddit thread title/Nibel tweet as your post lmao!
    Well yeah, saved me typing it out lol