0 0%
PC + Console AND/OR Mobile
22 32.84%
Console + PC AND/OR Mobile
5 7.46%
  1. Post

What is your gaming Platform of choice? 2018 Edition

Time to decide

You've got four options, should cover enough options while still keeping it simple

edit

I may not have given the last two options enough thought - they are basically the same thing which was not intended

Anyway, I game on PC, Console and Mobile so that's what I voted for
    Last edited by SirGrim; 28th November 2018 at 2:54 pm.

2. Post
    PC for 99.9999%

My desire for anything outside of a fps style game is super limited these days so I dont see the consoles as offering anything for me anymore. I tried my snes classic for about 30 minutes this year so I dont think that counts. I still have my ps3 and wii but only the wii gets pulled out and thats for wii sports or mario kart time when people are over

I havent played a game on my phone since I used to play tetris on the bog

3. Post
    I spent 90% of my time on console (PS4) and the other 10% on PC. I used to play more on PC but prefer the ease & simplicity of console these days especially as I'm getting older. Plus cbf'd with the annoying issues that occasionally pop up on PC like games not working properly etc. I also dont like gaming hunched over at a desk with a m/kb since I'm stuck on a desk all day at work. Having an 6 or 7 year old PC doesn't help either lol.

4. Post
    consoles are for children

(not that I ever owned one as a kid - PC for life)

5. Post
    Console 4 lyfe

6. Post
    PC. Switch is the only good console since it offers an experience which you can't have on PC without spending like $2k on a Surface Pro, portability.

PS4 had the occasional good exclusive but even that's becoming less of factor now that Japan is shifting over to PC + portable platforms and since California-based PlayStation is playing moral police over and censoring the shit out of loads of games. One of the few 2019 PS4 exclusives I was looking forward was Catherine: Full Body, probably not any more since PlayStation probably will censor it. I can only hope for PC or Switch port.

7. Post
    PC master race reporting in.

8. Post
    sorceror wrote:
    consoles are for children

(not that I ever owned one as a kid - PC for life)
    So are tits but I just can't get enough of them.

Seriously though, it seems to vary wildly from year to year depending on what's out. Prior to God of War it was 90% PC, post GoW it's 70% console.
    Last edited by Caffeine; 28th November 2018 at 4:48 pm.

9. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Catherine: Full Body
    Sounds like a pedo hentai sex simulator lol

10. Post
    PC is my platform of choice. I have a PS4 for exclusives. A Switch for exclusives and portability. And an Xbox One as a dust gathering machine/occasional backwards compatibility device. I would LIKE to play games on my phone as I have a pretty ridiculous phone, alas I have yet to find something that isn't a port/pay to win garbage.

11. Post
    Xev wrote:
    PC is my platform of choice. I have a PS4 for exclusives. A Switch for exclusives and portability. And an Xbox One as a dust gathering machine/occasional backwards compatibility device. I would LIKE to play games on my phone as I have a pretty ridiculous phone, alas I have yet to find something that isn't a port/pay to win garbage.
    That is frustrating, I agree. Phones have so much potential but they're loaded with infinite grind or pay games.

12. Post
    Normally PC but PS4 has taken up most of my gaming time this year. God of War, Spiderman and now RDR2. Bought a Switch this year and I've hated it tbh. Once I'm done with Smash I'll probably sell it

13. Post
    Xev wrote:
    In the mobile space look for the premium games rather than free to play. These are the more "traditional" experiences.

14. Post
    Switch 75% since my wife and kids hog the TV, and PS4 for the other 25%.

If I had heaps of money PC would be the way to go.

15. Post
    Xbox one solely now.

16. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    In the mobile space look for the premium games rather than free to play. These are the more "traditional" experiences.
    Do you have any specific recommendations? I've tried a few paid games only to find extensive pay to win mechanics hidden behind the initial paywall, or that the games just aren't all that good to begin with. Again, not looking for ports, looking for new games that aren't micro-transaction based schlop that I can play on my phone. Preferably simulation type games, would like something like Cities Skylines on the go.

17. Post
    Switch, I have a PC but I've only played through 2 PC games since I bought the Switch in Feb this year.
    Portability and exclusives aside it's encouraged me to get into a heap of awesome indie games that I never would have taken a look at on PC. Which I've found so refreshing compared to the usual AAA fare I would normally play on PC.

18. Post
    The portability of the Switch is all fine & dandy but I play enough games at home. When I actually go outside I don't want to play even more games lol

19. Post
    Xev wrote:
    I have recently been performing an experiment where I download 5-10 games of a particular genre which are all in recommended or 'top charts' to see how they are in the quest to find a playable free mobile game.

I'm sad to report back that for my preferred genres MMO and ARPG, they have so many things wrong with them I really struggle to see how they make any money or why they include half of the 'mechanics' that they do. Examples include daily log in reward, weekly log in reward, new player reward, achievement rewards, which all detract from the actual game by wasting time clicking into various mini-menus to redeem and the crafting systems where you enhance from +0 to +50 (sped up by currency) and must do this on every piece of gear you have. This doesn't mention that they all feel 'samey' and do nothing different to differentiate themselves or their gameplay. The most abhorrent feature that seems to be common besides the P2W attitude is the autoplay feature, who the **** literally sits there and watches their game play itself??? I'm surprised that there hasn't been one developer who hasn't gone a $2 sub route and made a kick ass MMO that I can find.

Is there actually a site that shows us the playable games, premium or otherwise, on the mobile gaming platform? There is so much potential being squandered on the platform it makes me sick.

20. Post
    Bt wrote:
    I have recently been performing an experiment where I download 5-10 games of a particular genre which are all in recommended or 'top charts' to see how they are in the quest to find a playable free mobile game.

I'm sad to report back that for my preferred genres MMO and ARPG, they have so many things wrong with them I really struggle to see how they make any money or why they include half of the 'mechanics' that they do. Examples include daily log in reward, weekly log in reward, new player reward, achievement rewards, which all detract from the actual game by wasting time clicking into various mini-menus to redeem and the crafting systems where you enhance from +0 to +50 (sped up by currency) and must do this on every piece of gear you have. This doesn't mention that they all feel 'samey' and do nothing different to differentiate themselves or their gameplay. The most abhorrent feature that seems to be common besides the P2W attitude is the autoplay feature, who the **** literally sits there and watches their game play itself??? I'm surprised that there hasn't been one developer who hasn't gone a $2 sub route and made a kick ass MMO that I can find.

Is there actually a site that shows us the playable games, premium or otherwise, on the mobile gaming platform? There is so much potential being squandered on the platform it makes me sick.
    I've been dropping 15 minutes a day on an RPG called Darkness Rises which is exactly this. I only play it because there's nothing much else to when I have time to kill during lunch breaks. But I do so wish I had something with more substance and depth.

21. Post
    Bt wrote:
    Just play Clash of Clans bro.

22. Post
    Pc, ps4 and xbone in that order. Pc games are much cheaper to buy. I use the ps for more social gaming with friends (I can't wait to try bfv) and exclusives. I purchased xbone to get the best experience playing Rdr2.

23. Post
    Xbox, PC/PS4. have a reasonable gaming PC but only really use it for CS:GO, PS4 for Street Fighter and couple of other indie games during the year, everything else on the XB1X.

24. Post
    WhangaDan wrote:
    Just play Clash of Clans bro.
    That is exactly what my workmate told me to do, or play Clash Royale lol.

25. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    The portability of the Switch is all fine & dandy but I play enough games at home. When I actually go outside I don't want to play even more games lol
    I only use my Switch docked into the TV, you could do the same.