1. Post

Audio is flat muffled and quiet

Hi, to beat the heat of summer - I have moved my PC setup to where the air con is. My living room.

But - I have a problem. I have a desktop with linux wired to my reciever - great audio through my pioneer with Mourdant Short speakers. Sounds marvellous. On all on HDMI, fibre optic and din. When I run my Galaxy note through a logitech reciever on bluetooth - it still sounds superb.

But my laptop with win 10 sounds awful through bluetooth on the logitech receiver. Flat. Quiet. Muffled. It sounds like crap. On exactly the same settings as my Samsung. No smart arse replies please, I have to run windows for MS office - I have no choice for now until Libre Office up their game.

Now it is possible my HP laptop just has crap bluetooth - but it is much newer than my Samasung galaxy note 3 - so I doubt it.

What can I do to tweak and remedy this?

I have googled tweaks. None have worked. Help please. My ears will thank you!

For troubleshooting - these are the parameters - my audio system is faultless - it is all on the computer side of things. My computer was running fine with line in direct connected to a receiver.. But it is too much of a distance across my living room to repeat that...

(By the way - I am an audiophile collector with much great collector gear to sell - some really classic high quality stuff to sell, Legendary Rotel 965BX with remote control, wharfedale 8 diamond (full 5.0 set) in wood veneer - this includes the legendary monitor studio book selfspeakers, wharefdale 9 diamonds (2 full 5.1 sets with big sub and centre speaker), in black, wharfdale 9 tall speaker (2x6" ea in silver), High power Kenwood system - receiver, tuner, surround, equalizer) and the original manuals and cabinet, Akai turntable, Kenwood bass drivers speakers (huge and sound great) - 200W technics speakers (2x 6" ea), Wharfdale 3 x 8" ea loud speakers (these will suck all the watts you have to throw at them and then some), Polk Audio book shelfs... incl the famous rt5 in mint condition... classic Onkyo 300w receiver from the 1980's - sounds amazing...) get in touch if anything sounds interesting...) I have an Amazing vintage back lit lamp Sony tuner too in silver - looks stunning... (spots of rust on the top of the case - but could sandpaper - and it really is gorgeous front on - sounds great too, powerful aerial - not like crap post 90's). 12" self amplifying sub too that will really upset the neighbours... I literally had a neighbor punch me over it...

These Wharfdale Diamonds will have you smirking at your B&W friends... Seriously... And the subs will have their jaws grind...
    Last edited by Paddles; 29th November 2018 at 7:31 pm.

2. Post
    It might be a bluetooth configuration/profile issue - presumably your PC is connecting as HSP rather than AD2P. Maybe try updating the drivers?

3. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    It might be a bluetooth configuration/profile issue - presumably your PC is connecting as HSP rather than AD2P. Maybe try updating the drivers?
    I did update driver - windows told me it is the best driver installed - worrying the driver has a date of 21.06.006. My laptop is less that a year old :-(

I have a linux dual boot. I will test linux now to isolate if its a windows problem (which would not surprise me at all).

4. Post
    On Linux Ubuntu (anteater) - it is much louder - much much louder. But still muffled and flat.

Still far from right. But it is louder.

5. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    On Linux Ubuntu (anteater) - it is much louder - much much louder. But still muffled and flat.

Still far from right. But it is louder.
    What profile does it show in Ubuntu Bluetooth settings - hsp or ad2p?

6. Post
    A2dP :P You're right so far...

How do I change this in Win10?

In a former life I was a MCP - but that was years ago... Step by step would be appreciated if you have the time...

7. Post
    What's the exact model of your laptop?

8. Post
    HP 15-bw501AX
    Last edited by Paddles; 30th November 2018 at 7:59 am.

9. Post
    Does not have ssd but had 16g ram and was on special on boxing day - i regret it - but it what it is ...