1. Post

US/Chinese Power Boards

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is anywhere local/online to buy some 4 plug US/Chinese power boards? I have way to many appliances and using individual adaptors for each one is too peasant. Thanks for any ideas.

2. Post
    Aliexpress (xiaomi have some nice ones) but you would be running the risk that your insurance doesn't cover you in the event of an electrical fault/fire.

3. Post
    Xiaomi ones are tops. They have Chinese plugs which share the same plug as us (three prong, grounded), a lot of adapters don't even bother with grounding.

4. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    the risk that your insurance doesn't cover you in the event of an electrical fault/fire.
    Just ran this one by an insurer - most insurance companies use common sense, as long as the appliances were used for their intended purpose that stuff should be covered.

5. Post
    bzE wrote:
    Xiaomi ones are tops. They have Chinese plugs which share the same plug as us (three prong, grounded), a lot of adapters don't even bother with grounding.
    Can vouch for the Xiaomi power boards. They’re nice.

6. Post
    Thank you very much for the suggestions, mucho appreciated.

7. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    Just ran this one by an insurer - most insurance companies use common sense, as long as the appliances were used for their intended purpose that stuff should be covered.
    Did you ask them "what happens if I plug an uncertified/fake electrical adapter into my house wiring and the chinesium catches fire?"

8. Post
    Analgia wrote:
    Did you ask them "what happens if I plug an uncertified/fake electrical adapter into my house wiring and the chinesium catches fire?"
    Racism probably happens.

I was just thinking lop the plugs off and put NZ ones on. Not difficult as long as they're not bricks incorporating the plug.