Results 1 to 8 of 8

  1. Post
    #1

    US/Chinese Power Boards

    Hi,

    Does anyone know if there is anywhere local/online to buy some 4 plug US/Chinese power boards? I have way to many appliances and using individual adaptors for each one is too peasant. Thanks for any ideas.

  2. Post
    #2
    Aliexpress (xiaomi have some nice ones) but you would be running the risk that your insurance doesn't cover you in the event of an electrical fault/fire.

  3. Post
    #3
    Xiaomi ones are tops. They have Chinese plugs which share the same plug as us (three prong, grounded), a lot of adapters don't even bother with grounding.

  4. Post
    #4
    KevinL wrote:
    the risk that your insurance doesn't cover you in the event of an electrical fault/fire.
    Just ran this one by an insurer - most insurance companies use common sense, as long as the appliances were used for their intended purpose that stuff should be covered.

  5. Post
    #5
    bzE wrote:
    Xiaomi ones are tops. They have Chinese plugs which share the same plug as us (three prong, grounded), a lot of adapters don't even bother with grounding.
    Can vouch for the Xiaomi power boards. They’re nice.

  6. Post
    #6
    Thank you very much for the suggestions, mucho appreciated.

  7. Post
    #7
    teelo7 wrote:
    Just ran this one by an insurer - most insurance companies use common sense, as long as the appliances were used for their intended purpose that stuff should be covered.
    Did you ask them "what happens if I plug an uncertified/fake electrical adapter into my house wiring and the chinesium catches fire?"

  8. Post
    #8
    Analgia wrote:
    Did you ask them "what happens if I plug an uncertified/fake electrical adapter into my house wiring and the chinesium catches fire?"
    Racism probably happens.

    I was just thinking lop the plugs off and put NZ ones on. Not difficult as long as they're not bricks incorporating the plug.