Results 1 to 12 of 12

  1. Post
    #1

    Game is going to fry my graphics card? 88 degrees, 100 percent load...wtf

    I dunno what is going on...Im having insane issues with BF5. Every other game on my computer, assassins creed, pubg, civ 5 everything runs fine...but BF5 is going to destroy my computer lol. I understand that its performance requirements are more than the other games..but does anyone have any ideas? Graphics were all on Auto, but changed to mid and turned off everything I could turn off in the video menu....

    I played fine for the first 2 weeks, and since then I have had nothing but trouble. Ive updated the graphics drivers, and have rolled back my drivers - still having issues. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game...no luck ><

    Issues:
    1. Game is incredibly slow to launch (but get thats a common thing) however when it loads some menus are fine, but if I go to a particular menu and my GPU goes to 100 percent and temps shoot to around 84 degrees (and sometimes my computer restarts)...change back from this menu it all drops back to normal.
    2. Sometimes the soldiers on the main screen take a long time to load the detail and look like manikins.
    3. Loading into game - computer often crashes. Sometimes it loads in fine and I can play.
    4. In game - I get random stuttering and my 4 cores are sometimes all at 100 percent, or one at 100 percent, or them jumping all over the place. If the cores are fine i sometimes have the GPU at 100 percent and a crash (no blue screen just the computer restarts)

    My computer is

    i5-6600k @ 3.50
    16GB Ram
    Sound blaster Z
    Nvidia GTX 1070

    THe last few even logs are (seem to be alot of errors):

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	304.1 KB 
ID:	224140
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	125.3 KB 
ID:	224141

    Any ideas? I feel like the game is cursed but it must be fixable haha. I have been told to update my bios and also mobo drivers - so having a look for those now....

  2. Post
    #2
    As was discussed in another thread, the 6600k is really not enough to run this game properly
    It just doesn’t have enough threads and performance that’s why your cpu is hitting 100% and the game is stuttering

    Not sure what’s going on with the gpu though - maybe try limiting frame rate to 60 in the Nvidia drivers and see if it helps


    As for the restart crashes, that could be because you’re exceeding the power your psu can supply or the cpu or gpu is overheating

    Could also be ram though, try swapping out for different ram and see if it helps or swap your sticks and test one at a time

  3. Post
    #3
    SirGrim wrote:
    As was discussed in another thread, the 6600k is really not enough to run this game properly
    It just doesnít have enough threads and performance thatís why your cpu is hitting 100% and the game is stuttering

    Not sure whatís going on with the gpu though - maybe try limiting frame rate to 60 in the Nvidia drivers and see if it helps


    As for the restart crashes, that could be because youíre exceeding the power your psu can supply or the cpu or gpu is overheating

    Could also be ram though, try swapping out for different ram and see if it helps or swap your sticks and test one at a time
    Don't spout nonsense, 6600k is plenty for bf5, it can run on much older systems such as 2500k fine also.

  4. Post
    #4
    ludez wrote:
    Don't spout nonsense, 6600k is plenty for bf5, it can run on much older systems such as 2500k fine also.
    Then how do you explain plenty of posts online of people having the same issue as OP?

    Here is a thread of someone with a 2500k which you said is fine and a gtx 1070 having the same issues https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us...500k-oc-4-6ghz

    I’d love to see your evidence for it being plenty enough
    And DICE recommends you have an i7, are you saying they are lying?

    When did you start playing pc games again, I thought you had an Xbox?

  5. Post
    #5
    SirGrim wrote:
    Then how do you explain plenty of posts online of people having the same issue as OP?

    Here is a thread of someone with a 2500k which you said is fine and a gtx 1070 having the same issues https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us...500k-oc-4-6ghz

    Iíd love to see your evidence for it being plenty enough
    And DICE recommends you have an i7, are you saying they are lying?
    It will 100% be a development issue rather then the CPU not being up to par, as he said his other games are fine. That CPU should be able to run the game perfectly fine but I suspect they will need to do a patch if there enough issues. Stating it's not enough is complete nonsense.

    Of course they recommend an i7, they always do and have usually.

    The game runs fine on base ps4s and Xbox so how can a jaguar chip run it but an i5 6600k not?

  6. Post
    #6
    My mate is running it on his laptop significantly better than I am haha. Ive googled abit after your post SirGrim and it does look like people are having issues with CPU load with those particular chips....still the graphics stuff has me worried....

  7. Post
    #7
    ludez wrote:
    It will 100% be a development issue rather then the CPU not being up to par, as he said his other games are fine. That CPU should be able to run the game perfectly fine but I suspect they will need to do a patch if there enough issues. Stating it's not enough is complete nonsense.

    Of course they recommend an i7, they always do and have usually.

    The game runs fine on base ps4s and Xbox so how can a jaguar chip run it but an i5 6600k not?
    I said the 6600k wasn’t good enough for this game to run smoothly, not that’s it’s not good for other games, I specifically said it didn’t have enough work threads given the performance measures seen. Whether that’s a optimization issue or not doesn’t matter, the fact is that’s how it runs right now

    Also the 6600k has 4 thread, the ps4 and Xbox cpus have 8 threads..

    Bf5 is clearly a game that likes cores and threads more than ipc and clock speed

    You’re A bit out of your depth here mate

    Stop shitting up the thread and let’s get back to helping equity sort out the crashes

  8. Post
    #8
    SirGrim wrote:
    I said the 6600k wasnít good enough for this game to run smoothly, not thatís itís not good for other games, I specifically said it didnít have enough work threads given the performance measures seen. Whether thatís a optimization issue or not doesnít matter, the fact is thatís how it runs right now

    Also the 6600k has 4 thread, the ps4 and Xbox cpus have 8 threads..

    Bf5 is clearly a game that likes cores and threads more than ipc and clock speed

    Youíre A bit out of your depth here mate

    Stop shitting up the thread and letís get back to helping equity sort out the crashes
    You specifically said a 6600k is really not enough for this game. Do you have any evidence to support this? Especially given the i5 6600k was on their minimum specs, but as we all know they always shoot way above what can actually run. Given they listed an fx8350 as amds minimum CPU to use which is way way below an 6600k.

    A jaguar is an 8 core modified chip and doesn't run the same way a drop in CPU does. So multi threading is not applied in the same way

    I'm not out of my depth at all, saying his CPU is not enough is pretty silly. Of course there are going to be certain cases where systems don't run it as intended. But this will be limited, since a lot of systems are very different and are configured differently.

    As a side note my mate is using his 2500k and 1070 at 1440p and getting a steady 60fps on high/medium settings.

    You said I'm shitting up the thread, let's get back to helping him. Have you offered a single piece of advice other then degrading his CPU?

    Not saying I have just putting it out there.

  9. Post
    #9
    This is also about his GPU, what brand is your card mate? 88c is not overheating as such. It is quite high though

  10. Post
    #10
    ludez wrote:

    As a side note my mate is using his 2500k and 1070 at 1440p and getting a steady 60fps on high/medium settings.
    1440p is far less cpu bound than 1080p which is what I'm guessing equity uses - hence the cpu may have less work to do at higher resolutions - you say steady, but I'd like to see the minimums and frametimes

  11. Post
    #11
    ludez wrote:
    This is also about his GPU, what brand is your card mate? 88c is not overheating as such. It is quite high though
    100 percent load too! Its an ASUS card I think. It has never run that hot before, only in BFV. I find it extremely weird that one menu makes it crank from 40 percent load to 100, and rapidly rise in temp.....

  12. Post
    #12
    ludez wrote:
    You specifically said a 6600k is really not enough for this game. Do you have any evidence to support this? Especially given the i5 6600k was on their minimum specs, but as we all know they always shoot way above what can actually run. Given they listed an fx8350 as amds minimum CPU to use which is way way below an 6600k.
    You can check google if you need concrete evidence to show that four cores is going to limit modern game performance. The game will run on any hardware that supports DX12 (i'm unsure if it fires up with DX11, it might). How well it runs, is determined by CPU, GPU and resolution. If the 2500k is ever not running at 100%, this just means the 1070 is maxed and so is limiting performance. My guess is they are both maxed out. BF5 looks to be quite well optimised, it maxes out my GPU and my 6 core 12 thread CPU is often at 80% load in 64 player servers. I play at 1080P UW, so my CPU usage could go up if my GPU wasn't so mid range.



    As for the problems described by OP, it could be all sorts. What sort of PSU do you have? If the system is crashing, and it's not heat, it gets tricky. I'd monitor CPU and GPU temps, as well as usage of both next time you jump in a game. Need a bit more info to work out which piece of the puzzle is dying first.