Fallout 76 December 4 patch notes released

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    Do you know what objective and subjective actually mean?

2. Post
    yeahboiwahoo wrote:
    Do you know what objective and subjective actually mean?
    It seems you don't.
    But it's nice to see you're resorting to this vapid vagueposting when being called out on specifics.

Objective issues - crashing, freezing, UI not tirggering, server disconnecting, quests not triggering, quests not updating, items going missing. textures missing, animations not activating, physics not working, models getting stuck on scenery, etc. Do I need to go on? I can. I have a list.

3. Post
    I have never once said the game is without issues and I will happily acknowledge there are a number of objectively broken things in the game, calling the entire game broken is subjective.

Telling me I shouldn't play the game because it will impact you and other gamers is a lot of tripe, what gives you the idea that you can tell people what games they can and cannot choose to play?

How many of your issues do you think were related to your excessive glitched carryweight? I certainly noticed a huge ramp up in a number of those objective issues you mentioned when carrying roughly 3x what the game intended yet you were carrying around ~10x

4. Post
    Considering I used the glitch for maybe the last 4 or so hours of my over 80 hour play though. I would say none of the issues were because of that. Literally zero.

I am not telling you to do anything. People defending this shit show however is demonstrating that Bethesda can still release a broken product and people will happily buy it an play it. I am not saying you cant, I was saying there is an impact if you do. Thankfully it seems enough people are calling Bethesda out, not playing, or returning the game so maybe they'll actually listen this time. I don't care if you like it. I don't care if you as an individual play it. As I said there is an impact wider than your experience when enough people do keep playing it. That's reality, thats literally how the game industry works.

The game is broken. That is not debatable at this point. How much fun you have while playing it subjective though.

Take a step back and look at what I actually wrote, not your interpretation to it. I know you like the game and for that reason want to defend it. That's only natural, but please look at what I am saying. I am attacking the game not the people who like it.

Actions have consequences though. There is outrage about micro-transactions. They also make developers billions. They exist because despite the outcry people buy them in ever increasing amounts.
    Bethesda make broken games and for years people continued to buy them and praise Bethesda. So nothing ever got fixed because there was no reason to from a financial or reputational standpoint. That needs to stop, or it will continue. If Fallout 76 is somehow a success and shit is not fixed they will not spend time or money to address those issues in the future. That is what I am saying. You can play it all you like, but if enough of you do and continue to support them nothing will change. That is unacceptable.

5. Post
    Saying something is not debatable does not make it so, you sound like one of those stuff commentators that says FACT after their post and thinks it makes it so.

I'm impressed you managed to pickup 3700lbs in 4 hours.

6. Post
    yeahboiwahoo wrote:
    Saying something is not debatable does not make it so, you sound like one of those stuff commentators that says FACT after their post and thinks it makes it so.

I'm impressed you managed to pickup 3700lbs in 4 hours.
    Impressive?
    Yeah because farming the golf course for weapons and armour is such a slow process. And farming nuke sites for gear is also a slow painful slog... oh wait no it isn't
    I think you've proven that you're responding emotionally rather than rationally. The game being broken is not in debate. Saying otherwise is at best denial.
    I get that you like it. That's fine, but its objectively broken in many places and that is unaffected by your subjective appreciation of it.

7. Post
    I've really enjoyed this and look forward the next installment of your 100% rational, objective final decision on what does and does not constitute something being broken.

8. Post
    I can literally list dozens of things broken in the game. That is ignoring all of the design choices, balancing issues, lack of late game, missing PvE/PvP servers, abuse reporting tools, text chat, and all the screeds of minor annoyances.

How it is not broken? There are forums dedicated to the actual game breaking bugs, major bugs, and minor bugs. The Bethesda forums are filled with them as is Reddit and various gaming forums. How much evidence do you need? Or does broken mean something else to you?

9. Post
    Dozens of bugs does not mean it is broken as a whole. I can hop into a game, play around for a period of hours and have an assortment of minor bugs (corpses flying/tposes etc) and then be done without anything major, I might get an event every few sessions that shits the bed but the remainder of the time functions fine.

Broken as a whole would require it simply not function at all.

Do you think dinner set is broken because someone smashed some of the cups and the a few of the forks are all sorts of ****ed up?

Its almost like the definition of "broken" in the context of video games is subjective
    Last edited by yeahboiwahoo; 4th December 2018 at 7:25 pm.

10. Post
    So you paid $100 for alpha access? Congrats

11. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    So you paid $100 for alpha access? Congrats
    How is your ray tracing working out

12. Post
    yeahboiwahoo wrote:
    Dozens of bugs does not mean it is broken as a whole. I can hop into a game, play around for a period of hours and have an assortment of minor bugs (corpses flying/tposes etc) and then be done without anything major, I might get an event every few sessions that shits the bed but the remainder of the time functions fine.

Broken as a whole would require it simply not function at all.

Do you think dinner set is broken because someone smashed some of the cups and the a few of the forks are all sorts of ****ed up?

Its almost like the definition of "broken" in the context of video games is subjective
    I have a spare monitor with a faulty hdmi connector. The monitor works fine for hours or even days, but then it will just turn off and needs to be unplugged in order to work again. It also can just wig out ever other minute. I can still use it, it still functions a lot of the time. It is still broken.
    Something being able to function some of the time, or even a lot of the time does not mean it is not broken.
    Broken does not mean completely unusable.
    Fallout 76 is broken.
    Thanks.

People have different tolerances to broken things. Doesn't make them any less broken. Time to let this one go. You're allowed to like a broken game, and more power to you. This has devolved into an argument over semantics and its boring even me now.

13. Post
    No it isn't
    Thanks.

14. Post
    Is that you Gwarden?

15. Post
    Yes it is

16. Post
    Keep it constructive and on topic please guys.

17. Post
    Was I not being on topic? That is a lovely beard btw

18. Post
    AgrAde wrote:
    prestal garby
    mods please change my name to this