Fallout 76 December 4 patch notes released

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Results 1 to 25 of 43

  1. Post

    Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

    Read article...

  2. Post
    #2
    So nothing really substantial then.
    I don't see any of the big-ticket persistent bugs on that list and nothing at all for PC player outside of the additional uncapped frame limit adjustment. DOF, FOV, Ultrawide, UI, and a slew of problems still persist. Not to mention the masses of missing basic PC features.

    Then there is the no push to talk, no PvP or PvE servers, or ability to report players. For an online game these things not being there says a lot.

  3. Post
    #3
    Stash weight increase is welcome, I've been a naughty boy and worked around existing limits a little but will be stopping once that patch is here.

    10 minute afk is a dumb and I will be weighting down a button on my keyboard and running against a wall. Gotta stop for a dump some sessions and I dont feel like speedrunning that process.

    December 11 patch is going to be more useful for me, I'm waiting on that before redoing my camp and being able to turn back on the voip with push to talk will be handy for chatting to randos.

    dunno if 20% damage increase on autos will make them worth a go but will try it out, handmade rifle is ace.

  4. Post
    #4
    200 stash increase is literally useless. It needs to be at least 2000 total for the stash to be actually valuable at high level.
    I was using the deep pocket exploit and was carrying around 3700+ in items and junk and I still had issues. Doesn't help that inventory management is a ****ing joke.

    Then again the whole game is a complete ****ing disgrace.

  5. Post
    #5
    lol 3700, I peaked at about +800 at one point and the game got super ****ing wiggy with animations and lag and all sorts of shit, it must have been a ****ing mess at 3700 . I've settled around +100-150 over my carryweight. I'm not bothering with any heavy weapons because they are either useless (miniguns) or bugged (plasma Gatling). Energy weapons are also shithouse with breaking every 10 mins so cbf on them.

    If they make power armour weigh its actual weight rather than frame weight I'm rooted but...

  6. Post
    #6
    Why are you still playing? Its a complete disaster!
    Even if you like the idea of 76 there is so much broken why play it now? They have months of fixes they need to put in place. You're literally giving yourself the worst possible experience for no reason. Beth will not abandon this. Zenimax wants another game as a service so why not go play something actually good and come back when this shit pile has been cleaned up? And, yeah I am done being diplomatic about this game. It is an insult from a developer who does know better because they've been told for decades what the problems are. Even if someone likes the game the experience now is likely the worse its going to be. Surely the smart money would be on letting the big much needed patches come in and then give it another look.

    I am planning a mid 2019 re-examination of this festering garbage fire. Who knows, maybe by then at least the fires will be out, if not the stink.

  7. Post
    #7
    Because its still fun, I've got a bunch of mates who play it and its the relaxed game beside the battlefield series we normally play together.

    All the bugs and t posing enemies and all sorts of stuff just make me laugh now, corpses flying into the air are defo my favorite

  8. Post
    #8
    Personally I'm gonna fire up some NV mods instead of approaching 76 anytime soon.

  9. Post
    #9
    I am interested to know if patches can save this game or not?

  10. Post
    #10
    IMO anyone still playing this game is giving Bethesda a pass, and essentially saying its ok to release trash like this. I don't give a shit who likes it or not, but when your choices send a message that could adversely affect me and other gamers in the future then it becomes a problem.

    The game is an insult. It is offensively incompetent and actively dismissive, if not outright demeaning to paying customers. Until Bethesda front up and take ownership of all the bullshit they've smeared over this game they deserve no respect.
    This game is a ****ing disgrace. Not because of what it is conceptually, but because of the state it is in and the fact that Bethesda have proven that they think it is acceptable.

    :edit:

    Sorry, I am not meaning to shit on anyone specifically here, but this game demonstrates the worst side of game development imo. Unlike the over-inflated "outrage" regarding mobile announcements and a few other non-issues this is a developer not only demanding full price for an unfinished product, but one that is actively broken throughout. Now if this was a new company, or if the issues were unique it would be a very different story, but here we have a developer with resources most can only dream of releasing a game with the exact same bugs, shortcomings, and design oversights that they've been called out for for over 15 years. They also continue to pretty much ignore 1/3 of their paying customers with specific features that should be there. Again this is a known factor for over 15 years. At some point people have to stop accepting this bullshit from them. And to top it off they still will not accept refunds for those players who should be entitled to them. It's not ok.
    Last edited by ChrisB; 3rd December 2018 at 7:30 pm. Reason: needed to clarify

  11. Post
    #11
    Hopefully this whole debacle has finally made the Bethesda shiils finally wake up and realise what a shit lazy developer Bethesda really is. Can't wait to see the reaction when TES6 releases on the same shitty engine with the same assets as Skyrim lol.

  12. Post
    #12
    Seeing as we are being all open I think anyone buying a rockstar game and supporting them is saying its okay to treat their workers like absolute shit. So there we go.

  13. Post
    #13
    Except they generally dont (but yes there are some serious issues there) and not supporting their products actively hurts those same employees. Not only that but Rockstar have openly admitted there are issues and have publicly assured that they are working to address it.
    What again has Bethesda done in regards to the shitshow that is Fallout 76?
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Hopefully this whole debacle has finally made the Bethesda shiils finally wake up and realise what a shit lazy developer Bethesda really is. Can't wait to see the reaction when TES6 releases on the same shitty engine with the same assets as Skyrim lol.
    We can only hope that someone goes in there and shakes up the place. Maybe its time for Todd to be reassigned?

  14. Post
    #14
    They eventually openly admitted there are issues


    Did you forget about the prelaunch letters effectively saying fo76 was going to be a shambles?

  15. Post
    #15
    yeahboiwahoo wrote:
    Seeing as we are being all open I think anyone buying a rockstar game and supporting them is saying its okay to treat their workers like absolute shit. So there we go.
    Maybe if Beth made their staff work more hours they could make a game half as good as RDR2 or any of Rockstar's games lol

  16. Post
    #16
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Maybe if Beth made their staff work more hours they could make a game half as good as RDR2 or any of Rockstar's games lol
    defo



    minus that frame rate = mouse speed from gtav shenaigans tho

  17. Post
    #17
    yeahboiwahoo wrote:
    They eventually openly admitted there are issues


    Did you forget about the prelaunch letters effectively saying fo76 was going to be a shambles?
    No. Saying to someone you're about to shit all over their carpet is not the same thing as apologizing for doing it and actively committing to clean it up and ensuring it wont happen again. Not only that it does not address all the other times they shit on the carpet and left it to fester in the sun.
    Part of the problem here, and tbh my biggest problem is that this has been going on for over a decade and a half. Literally every single game has had the vast majority of these issues. So maybe its about time people started to look at what Bethesda actually represent.
    This is not even addressing the shambles the game is by design. I'm just talking about the technical issues, and repeated UI and UX crap that have remained unchanged since Fallout 3.

    This is not about one group not liking something another group is enjoying. It is about a developer actively taking the piss, and attempting to take advantage of the good will of their fans.

  18. Post
    #18
    ChrisB wrote:
    No. Saying to someone you're about to shit all over their carpet is not the same thing as apologizing for doing it and actively committing to clean it up and ensuring it wont happen again. Not only that it does not address all the other times they shit on the carpet and left it to fester in the sun.
    Part of the problem here, and tbh my biggest problem is that this has been going on for over a decade and a half. Literally every single game has had the vast majority of these issues. So maybe its about time people started to look at what Bethesda actually represent.
    This is not even addressing the shambles the game is by design. I'm just talking about the technical issues, and repeated UI and UX crap that have remained unchanged since Fallout 3.

    This is not about one group not liking something another group is enjoying. It is about a developer actively taking the piss, and attempting to take advantage of the good will of their fans.
    So why the **** did you give fallout 4 an 8.5?

  19. Post
    #19
    yeahboiwahoo wrote:
    So why the **** did you give fallout 4 an 8.5?
    Because I really enjoyed, and honestly in hindsight I completely failed to call out the bullshit, and admit that in my 76 review. For some reason I too give them a pass with the whole "Bethesda games are buggy" acceptance mantra gamers have been chanting since Morrowind. It was also early in my reviewing career and I think I was less analytical and more emotive in how I appraised some games. It is possible my love of Fallout coloured my review. I honestly don't know. Or maybe 76 was just the final straw for me. That final **** up that exceeded my ability to let it slide. It was also three years ago and expectations were different. Technically Fallout 4 a much more solidly build game, and in 2015 its graphics are far less out dated and in some cases parts of that game looked relatively good for the time. It being three years ago is important. The games that have come out in the intervening years mean that expectations and minimum acceptable levels change. Which is why our rating systems expressly call out that fact.

    76 is everything Bethesda does poorly with almost none of the things it does well. They literally removed game elements people enjoy from Bethesda titles.
    Last edited by ChrisB; 3rd December 2018 at 9:00 pm.

  20. Post
    #20
    Fallout 4 ****ing sucked. It was so close - it was 80% of the way in terms of effort to being a complete, excellent, ****ing amazing game. 20% of the game (parts of the main story, prestal garby or whatever the **** his name was, early power armor, removal of skill & simplified dialog etc) turned it into a complete stain on the franchise. I really liked it, and then I really ****ing hated it. To the point where as soon as i met the son I murdered him, quit the game and never played it again. I felt ****ing betrayed by the options presented to me in terms of story, and when I couldn't RP my RPG that was it.

    I played maybe a half hour of FO76 before cancelling my preorder. It felt like I was in for a prestal garby style grind for the foreseeable future, and it just reminded me of how I swore I was not buying another bethesda title after ragequitting FO4.

    I get both sides of the argument - ChrisB with your "everything about it is shit" opinion and yeahboi with your "yeah but it's still lolsy fun with friends" opinion but for me I couldn't justify giving those ****s my money for that train wreck even if I am missing out on playing with you blokes.

    I've ticked up ~400h playing battlefield 1 with yeahboi and feel like i've got my money's worth from the $160 premium game but I don't think i could hand over $20 to bethesda no matter how many hours I might sink into this. And I hate EA.

  21. Post
    #21
    Name:  2o0zpp.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  79.7 KB

  22. Post
    #22
    ChrisB wrote:
    IMO anyone still playing this game is giving Bethesda a pass, and essentially saying its ok to release trash like this. I don't give a shit who likes it or not, but when your choices send a message that could adversely affect me and other gamers in the future then it becomes a problem.
    I want you to think really hard about this particular paragraph you had in here next time you go to post a tirade and call someone privileged, childish or entitled or when you go on about game companies owe people nothing and are there to make money only when someone complains about a feature or game or anything isnt to their liking.

  23. Post
    #23
    Looking forward to the changes, A+ cannot stop playing it

  24. Post
    #24
    I also liked Fallout 4 - i played the hell out of it, and while it was janky in parts, there was nothing game-breaking, VATS worked pretty well, and i enjoyed the story.

    I'm totally with ChrisB on all this.

  25. Post
    #25
    yeahboiwahoo wrote:
    I want you to think really hard about this particular paragraph you had in here next time you go to post a tirade and call someone privileged, childish or entitled or when you go on about game companies owe people nothing and are there to make money only when someone complains about a feature or game or anything isnt to their liking.
    I stand by that statement. Its not about a subjective dislike. It's about actual choices being made by Bethesda and how it impacts their products and consumers. This is not about entitlement. I want you to think about what you're saying. You seem to be confusing things here. Expecting a great game is not the same as expecting a functional one. Do I need to point out that time and again I have highlighted I am speaking about the technical issues here, not the quality of the game experience. The things that are objectively wrong. The things objectively anti-consumer. You're using illogical thinking to try and undermine my points. If Fallout 76 was just a bad game you'd be right, but Fallout 76 is not just a bad game, it is a broken game and most of those broken things were broken in multiple previous games and remain unaddressed here. I hope you see the difference.

    Entitlement = Expecting something should cater to your individual tastes.
    Expecting something to function, or expecting things previously known to be broken being fixed in a future release =/= entitlement.
    It is an important distinction.

    Frederick James wrote:
    I also liked Fallout 4 - i played the hell out of it, and while it was janky in parts, there was nothing game-breaking, VATS worked pretty well, and i enjoyed the story.

    I'm totally with ChrisB on all this.
    It was a good game. Would I rate is 8.5 if it was released in 2018. Not a chance in hell. Fallout 76 looks and plays like Fallout 4 and has removed most of the elements I enjoy. It's also massively broken even compared to previous Bethesda games.
    Last edited by ChrisB; 4th December 2018 at 1:20 pm.