1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Was there an apology to go along with this? Or any ownership of the problem outside of them actually fulfilling their initial obligations?

3. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Was there an apology to go along with this? Or any ownership of the problem outside of them actually fulfilling their initial obligations?
    Don't be silly, this is Bethesda we're talking about.

4. Post
    well, i am glad the outcry made them change things. Sad that they did not foresee all this bad publicity tho

5. Post
    There has been no apology to customers at all afaik, the only apology they made was for the way the support person told the truth lol

The page for logging the request has no apology on it at all.

bunch of rude ****s

6. Post
    That's just bad Customer Service. Which has been an issue for the past week or so, but still really surprising from a major US company. Due to liability laws US CS teams tend to be the best in the world.

7. Post
    I'm still utterly baffled how someone at bethesda figured swapping it out and saying nothing was going to be a viable option.

8. Post
    Well, it did take over a week before it hit the fan. I expect most people simply did not notice. They got their helmet and the game. I figure most did not even realise the bag had changed. Maybe Bethesda made the assumption that people wouldn't care enough. Or maybe they actually did not think it was an issue. Who can say. It was stupid as hell either way. People who but Collectors Editions are far more likely to be precious about all of the contents, and not just the big ticket items.