Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Post

Dragon Age 4 may not arrive till at least 2021

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/12...at-least-2021?

The wait continues.

Though BioWare has plans to announce something Dragon Age-related this month, it appears the next Dragon Age game is still at least a few years away from being released.

Reported by VentureBeat, sources familiar with BioWare claim that the game is still in the early stages of development, saying that the studio and EA have yet to decide on a name for the upcoming title. However, it appears a final name could be decided on prior to a possible reveal at The Game Awards on Thursday.

The game was reportedly put in stasis as BioWare had allegedly shelved the game momentarily to focus on Anthem. However, official comments from the studio indicate that BioWare actively has teams working on both Dragon Age and Mass Effect games alongside Anthem.

Last week, BioWare teased a Dragon-Age related announcement for December, and all eyes are on The Game Awards for some big upcoming announcements. A possible CTR: Crash Team Racing remaster has been teased for the show with a fuzzy pair of orange dice, However, Naughty Dog, Rocksteady Studios and CD Projekt Red have all confirmed they will not be showing off their high-profile projects at The Game Awards this year.

2. Post
    If Bioware don't get cancelled after anthem flops

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

3. Post
    dr.m0x wrote:
    If Bioware don't get cancelled after anthem flops

This lol

4. Post
    I just started playing through Inquisition again (I missed the DLC the first time around). I had forgotten how much lore there was in the codex entries etc. Somebody put a lot of effort into them.

I am glad they are taking their time -when they rushed things we ended up with the constantly repeating textures and respawning enemies of DA2.

5. Post
    There is a lot of content in DA:I.
    It's a game I like a lot, and oddly I like even more now than I did back then.

6. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    There is a lot of content in DA.
    It's a game I like a lot, and oddly I like even more now than I did back then.
    Unfortunately I've become much more aware of the mindless fetch quests -talk to a person or stumble across a note and all of a sudden you have to go flag these five sites around places you have already fully explored.

I probably didn't mind it the first time around but that was before ME: Andromeda, Tomb Raider, Witcher 3 and all these other games made it all just so blatant...

7. Post
    Ctrl + F "Mass Effect"

8. Post
    brand wrote:
    Unfortunately I've become much more aware of the mindless fetch quests -talk to a person or stumble across a note and all of a sudden you have to go flag these five sites around places you have already fully explored.

I probably didn't mind it the first time around but that was before ME: Andromeda, Tomb Raider, Witcher 3 and all these other games made it all just so blatant...
    Fair enough. I actually ignored those quests the first time and subsequent re-visits. Not a fan of busy work or map filler activities. But I totally hear ya. That being said there are a whole lot of great side, companion, and sub-quests.

9. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Fair enough. I actually ignored those quests the first time and subsequent re-visits. Not a fan of busy work or map filler activities. But I totally hear ya. That being said there are a whole lot of great side, companion, and sub-quests.
    did they ever have a real excuse/reason for why all the healing magic just up and vanished in DA: I ?
    the reliance on potions, the low max potions limit and the brain dead AI were the things that bugged me the most in that game. not to mention the Dragon fights that while cool had some massive performance issues (well not all of them, but a few of the cooler ones)

more so when the first person you talk to in the Hinterlands? first zone you go to says to a injured person "they can help you they have magic" i mean wtf?. As a mage i was like no i can't unless you want me to kill him for you.

I can only assume they wanted it to be more "action packed" like a Mass Effect game.

outside of those problems I enjoyed DA: I.

10. Post
    Yeah I liked DA : I. Wasn't perfect but they put in a lot of work into that game. Unfortunately for them it was compared to Witcher 3 .

11. Post
    Do people still trust EA to make good games?

12. Post
    In some ways I like it more than Witcher 3

Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Depends on the franchise, if all you played from EA was Fifa then that would be a reasonabe expectation given that for the last 10+ year they've delivered solid Fifa games, albeit very little changes year in year out

13. Post
    I know nothing about Fifa lol. I mean I know EA doesn't make most these games and is the publisher but they have had alot of flops/disappointments over the last few years like SWBF1&2, BFV & ME:A, Syndicate, the Mirrors Edge sequel etc etc. DA: I & BF1 got mixed reactions. The last EA published game I actually liked was BF1.
    Last edited by Ins0mn1ac; 6th December 2018 at 10:23 am.

14. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    People were saying the same about Ubifoft a few years back and they changed formula with their new (excellent) AC games. Far Cry 5 was pretty good too.

Hopefully they learn from Ubisoft a bit.

Perhaps it's my imagination but 2018 seems a pretty shit year for games in general.

15. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    People were saying the same about Ubifoft a few years back and they changed formula with their new (excellent) AC games. Far Cry 5 was pretty good too.

Perhaps it's my imagination but 2018 seems a pretty shit year for games in general.
    It's absolutely your imagination.

God of War
    Red Dead Redemption 2
    Assassins Creed Odyssey
    Destiny: Forsaken
    Marvel's Spiderman
    Dragon Quest XI
    Monster Hunter: World
    Thronebreaker
    Yakuza 6

To name a few...

This is a little hyperbolic but 2018 might be the strongest gaming year we've had this decade. I literally don't have enough money or time to play everything I want to.

16. Post
    Bobs wrote:

I'd say its your imagination. Some truly amazing games dropped this year. Then again maybe you didn't like them

17. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    It's absolutely your imagination.

God of War
    Red Dead Redemption 2
    Assassins Creed Odyssey
    Destiny: Forsaken
    Marvel's Spiderman
    Dragon Quest XI
    Monster Hunter: World
    Thronebreaker
    Yakuza 6

To name a few...

This is a little hyperbolic but 2018 might be the strongest gaming year we've had this decade. I literally don't have enough money or time to play everything I want to.
    How many of those are on PC?

18. Post
    brand wrote:
    How many of those are on PC?
    God of War PS4 Exclusive
    Red Dead Redemption 2 Console Exclusive. Likely PC release next year
    Assassins Creed Odyssey PC
    Destiny: Forsaken PC
    Marvel's Spiderman PS4 Exclusive
    Dragon Quest XI PC
    Monster Hunter: World PC
    Thronebreaker PC
    Yakuza 6 Likely PC release next year

So in short 5 of 9, and 2 coming next year.

To this I would add:
    Tetris Effect
    Celeste
    Pillars of Eternity II - Deadfire
    Dead Cells
    Ni No Kuni 2
    Donkey Kong Country - Tropical Freeze
    Valkyria Chronicles 4
    Banner Saga 3
    Guacamelee 2
    Civ VI
    Frost Punk
    Octopath Traveller
    Into the Breach
    Far Cry 5

And one more that will be likely my final review for 2018 that I am digging the hell out if atm.

19. Post
    There were a couple of major disappointments - Battlefield 5 and Fallout 76 are both complete failures. Fallout 76 in particular may well mark the point in history where someone pushed the flush button and Bethesda started going down the toilet never to see the light of day again. The Diablo immortal announcement was also a major kick in the gonads if you're a fan of that particular franchise.

Indeed many good games did come out. It's also easy to see why 2018 might seem like a shit year for gaming if you're a fan of any of the aforementioned game series. Personally I was looking forward to battlefield 5 for several months and by the time it came out I just didn't care. Neither did anyone else from what I can gather.

20. Post
    Massive Diablo fan here. Diablo Immortal is a non issue. Always was. Always should be.

21. Post
    I went so back and forth on bfv, was hyped for a ww2 game again then the reveal trailer happened and it was super wtf is this robot arm shit. The beta was an abortion balance and gameplay wise and I was thinking it would be the first game I missed in the series in a while but the launch game is solid and they are doing a good job sorting out the balance and making sensible changes. There are some minor niggles still but I see 0 reason to go back to bf1 now.

Test range is all ****ed but...

22. Post
    Eventually bought inquisition goty but didn't play through the last few dlc because my save game bricked to a bug that was reported over a year previous to me running into it. I'd have had to rollback 10 hours. After that I don't think I'll bother with bioware. They don't give a shit

ChrisB wrote:
    Red Dead Redemption 2 Console Exclusive. Likely PC release next year
    Wouldn't be so sure about that. RDR1 never got it's pc port

23. Post
    There already have been a bunch of things that indicate its likely to happen. Also using a game that came out at the height of console dominance is hardly an accurate measure. GTA Online makes a LOT of money. They will not be giving up on that seeing as the share of revenue from PC gamers is massive. You think they're going to miss out on literally hundreds of millions of dollars from RDR2 Online for the sake of console exclusivity?
    It will happen if for no other reason than to make the shareholders happy. They cannot defend not releasing it on PC to them.

24. Post
    It's not the game the fans wanted. It pissed people off and it doesn't really matter if you think it's an issue or not. A lot of fans do think it's an issue so now it is one for blizzard.

25. Post
    They'll also be lining up to buy the new mainline Diablo when it releases. A release that has absolutely nothing to do with, nor been affected by a mobile game made by a completely different team that just happens to have the same branding.
    It would be like WoW players losing their shit because Hearthstone was being made and claiming it affected content development for the next expansion.
    The announcement was a **** up no doubt, and I'll not even begin to defend how it was done. But the game itself is a non-issue. People need to use a little perspective, and common sense.

Sorry for the derail. This is a Dragon Age thread after all. I will stop now.
    Last edited by ChrisB; 7th December 2018 at 11:08 am.