1. Post
    Just received my car today. Super fun and quick! I forgot how fun RC cars are. I need to get me a higher capacity battery though, as the funs over in 10 mins.

Name:  49795485_382484949168264_991878699366219776_n.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  494.1 KB

2. Post
    picking up one of these this weekend (hopefully)

https://traxxas.com/products/landing/rustler-4x4-vxl/

3. Post
    That's mint br4

4. Post
    I was into remote controlled airplanes when I was younger, never did get one though.

5. Post
    Since I bought mine it's changed a bit. New brushless motor, esc, remote, steering rods, servo, shocks, modded front suspension layout and added lipo. It goes way too fast now and wrecks itself easy lol. Something I got hard out into but haven't touched in months since it broke. A new part is on the way though.

6. Post
    They never stay standard for long

I've got a complete carbon and ally billet one I built and and too scared of breaking it to race it

7. Post
    What's yours please Panda? Costs?

And stacrafty - what's that worth?

Stalker, thinking about selling my drone for the same reason. You mess up when flying a drone and it's $1500 falling out of the sky to be worth $0 when it hits the ground. Or I just stop being so precious with it and use the damn thing! If I do sell it, I'll put the funds towards a "go anywhere" RC car.

8. Post
    Ive been looking at some too...my son has been watching some videos and is I like this dad and I like this too I like some of the Traxxas models, but Losi seems a bit more sturdy in build quality but im no expert in this field.

9. Post
    I kind of want a ready to drive scale crawler to putt around with, because I like the scale "real 4wd" look, rather than the mad skeletal frame mega articulation nearly all tyre look.

The stack of unbuilt Tamiya's in my garage tell me that I will never get around to building one - thus RTR is what I really ought to get, if I get anything. I'd probably want to go lipo, for good run times.

10. Post
    Frederick James wrote:

And stacrafty - what's that worth?

Stalker, thinking about selling my drone for the same reason. You mess up when flying a drone and it's $1500 falling out of the sky to be worth $0 when it hits the ground. Or I just stop being so precious with it and use the damn thing! If I do sell it, I'll put the funds towards a "go anywhere" RC car.
    that ones $800 but then you need to buy a battery pack and charger which is about another $200

11. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Mines a WLTOYS 12428, bought from this link:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3291...27424c4daNrLUQ

There's a shit ton of parts, information and mods for it. So if anything breaks, its easy to fix.

12. Post
    Yeah
    Pxndx wrote:

There's a shit ton of parts, information and mods for it. So if anything breaks, its easy to fix.
    Neither of those (including stacrafty's) is OTT money really. Panda's one probably a good entry level one, and not really a lot of coin if it just starts gathering dust.

13. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Yeah

Neither of those (including stacrafty's) is OTT money really. Panda's one probably a good entry level one, and not really a lot of coin if it just starts gathering dust.

Nah it's a good price, but I've already paid double the price I bought it for after the upgrades lol.
    Now a Traxxas X-maxx would be awesome to own, such a beast, but.. I couldn't justify paying that.

14. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Yeah

I'll never not read his name as Pix'n'Dix.

15. Post
    Even I read it as Pix'n'dix since people first started calling it out

16. Post
    Pxndx wrote:
    Nah it's a good price, but I've already paid double the price I bought it for after the upgrades lol.
    Now a Traxxas X-maxx would be awesome to own, such a beast, but.. I couldn't justify paying that.
    its $1,600 something just for the truck, then cause it needs the best batteries and TWO of them, and a special charger the battery pack + charger is like $500 not $200

so all up its $2k +

But obv if youve seen the youtube videos that thing is like having a radio controlled pitbull, on steriods

17. Post
    well i got the car, had a blast with it this weekend, the thing is nuts. So fn fast.

18. Post
    nice, soon you'll brake something... lol

19. Post
    Pxndx wrote:
    nice, soon you'll brake something... lol
    already broke one of the shocks on sunday, had to do a parts run yesterday morning

20. Post
    Pxndx wrote:

Did you buy a bigger battery for your one? I'm looking at buying one and thought I'd get a battery at the same time, although not 100% sure what I should get.

21. Post
    Yeah I ordered a lipo 2s for more power and longer run time. But before you order one, read about them because you'll need a smart charger and they need to be stored correctly. I got one cheapish one from ebay and a charger from aliexpress. I'll probably get a better one later on.

22. Post
    Ok cool, I just want more run time to start with, will do some reading.

23. Post
    My oldest has that same one you have pxndx, did the bigger battery and goes good. My youngest has the 4wd version from there and perfect for his age.
    I've got the small one that had a truck body on it but does 60kms. It's stupid fast

24. Post
    So there is a lot to read on batteries.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...7d1b206cycYqe1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2PCS-7-4V-2...EAAOSw2t1c0dJ4

Will these do? Doesn't need to give me more runtime if I can easily swap batteries out.

25. Post
    i would recommend trying to get your hands on/make fit Hard Case lipos, much safer for a vehicle thats bashing and smashing around, i used to get Turnigy batteries from Hobbyking and they never let me down, i would also advise a better charger, ive had good success with the iCharger range