Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Post
    Just received my car today. Super fun and quick! I forgot how fun RC cars are. I need to get me a higher capacity battery though, as the funs over in 10 mins.

Name:  49795485_382484949168264_991878699366219776_n.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  494.1 KB

2. Post
    picking up one of these this weekend (hopefully)

https://traxxas.com/products/landing/rustler-4x4-vxl/

3. Post
    That's mint br4

4. Post
    I was into remote controlled airplanes when I was younger, never did get one though.

5. Post
    Since I bought mine it's changed a bit. New brushless motor, esc, remote, steering rods, servo, shocks, modded front suspension layout and added lipo. It goes way too fast now and wrecks itself easy lol. Something I got hard out into but haven't touched in months since it broke. A new part is on the way though.

6. Post
    They never stay standard for long

I've got a complete carbon and ally billet one I built and and too scared of breaking it to race it

7. Post
    What's yours please Panda? Costs?

And stacrafty - what's that worth?

Stalker, thinking about selling my drone for the same reason. You mess up when flying a drone and it's $1500 falling out of the sky to be worth $0 when it hits the ground. Or I just stop being so precious with it and use the damn thing! If I do sell it, I'll put the funds towards a "go anywhere" RC car.

8. Post
    Ive been looking at some too...my son has been watching some videos and is I like this dad and I like this too I like some of the Traxxas models, but Losi seems a bit more sturdy in build quality but im no expert in this field.

9. Post
    I kind of want a ready to drive scale crawler to putt around with, because I like the scale "real 4wd" look, rather than the mad skeletal frame mega articulation nearly all tyre look.

The stack of unbuilt Tamiya's in my garage tell me that I will never get around to building one - thus RTR is what I really ought to get, if I get anything. I'd probably want to go lipo, for good run times.

10. Post
    Frederick James wrote:

And stacrafty - what's that worth?

Stalker, thinking about selling my drone for the same reason. You mess up when flying a drone and it's $1500 falling out of the sky to be worth $0 when it hits the ground. Or I just stop being so precious with it and use the damn thing! If I do sell it, I'll put the funds towards a "go anywhere" RC car.
    that ones $800 but then you need to buy a battery pack and charger which is about another $200

11. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Mines a WLTOYS 12428, bought from this link:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3291...27424c4daNrLUQ

There's a shit ton of parts, information and mods for it. So if anything breaks, its easy to fix.

12. Post
    Yeah
    Pxndx wrote:
    Mines a WLTOYS 12428, bought from this link:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3291...27424c4daNrLUQ

There's a shit ton of parts, information and mods for it. So if anything breaks, its easy to fix.
    Neither of those (including stacrafty's) is OTT money really. Panda's one probably a good entry level one, and not really a lot of coin if it just starts gathering dust.

13. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Yeah

Neither of those (including stacrafty's) is OTT money really. Panda's one probably a good entry level one, and not really a lot of coin if it just starts gathering dust.

Nah it's a good price, but I've already paid double the price I bought it for after the upgrades lol.
    Now a Traxxas X-maxx would be awesome to own, such a beast, but.. I couldn't justify paying that.

14. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Yeah

I'll never not read his name as Pix'n'Dix.

15. Post
    Even I read it as Pix'n'dix since people first started calling it out

16. Post
    Pxndx wrote:
    Nah it's a good price, but I've already paid double the price I bought it for after the upgrades lol.
    Now a Traxxas X-maxx would be awesome to own, such a beast, but.. I couldn't justify paying that.
    its $1,600 something just for the truck, then cause it needs the best batteries and TWO of them, and a special charger the battery pack + charger is like $500 not $200

so all up its $2k +

But obv if youve seen the youtube videos that thing is like having a radio controlled pitbull, on steriods