Joker - Joaquin Phoenix

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Man that looks good.
    Has he won an oscar yet?

2. Post
    This looks epic, Whoever made these trailers should get a award.

3. Post
    TatonkaBill wrote:
    Man that looks good.
    Has he won an oscar yet?
    Pretty sure he won one for Walk the Line (I think its called).

I'm on the fence about this since I like that its R rated but seems a bit artsy fartsy for my tastes. Will wait and see.

4. Post
    I wasnt sold on this version of the character until now, that trailers poppin

I wonder what batman would be like in this iteration

5. Post
    What. wrote:
    I wasnt sold on this version of the character until now, that trailers poppin

I wonder what batman would be like in this iteration
    Still Christian Bale but channeling Patrick Bateman?

6. Post
    Cautiously optimistic! Might be first DC movie i see at cinemas since WW

7. Post
    Reactions are coming in from venice film festival.

https://mobile.twitter.com/IntFilmCr...25443354546177

8. Post
    I can see some people write a review with a thesaurus next to them.

9. Post
    Ign gave a 10/10

10. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Ign gave a 10/10
    Yes they did

DC should stick to making dark super hero movies - the preppy Marvel stuff is boring and why copy them.

11. Post
    All the critics that rag on DC so I’m very sceptical, have a feeling it’s extremely artsy and not for the Dark Knight crowd. I’m also hoping I’m wrong as I’d love it to be great but critics are usually completely wrong, they are almost like weather forecasters at this point. Nail things maybe 20-30% of the time.

12. Post
    Rambaldi wrote:
    All the critics that rag on DC so Iím very sceptical, have a feeling itís extremely artsy and not for the Dark Knight crowd. Iím also hoping Iím wrong as Iíd love it to be great but critics are usually completely wrong, they are almost like weather forecasters at this point. Nail things maybe 20-30% of the time.
    arts a subjective thing. I find i usually agree with the critics on most movies.

Speaking of, the reviews are somewhat divisive. Some major publications are calling it awful, some great. According to metacritic, the reviews mostly positive. Apparently it references scorsese an insane amount namely taxi driver and the king of comedy.

Gonna be watch this in cinemas, be the first 'superhero' move i've watched in cinema since avengers. Phoenix is a great actor and apparently his performance is incredible.

13. Post
    Please dont die Joaquin. You're one of the best of our time!

14. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Ign gave a 10/10
    I could shit in a jar while whistling Greensleeves and IGN would give it 10/10

15. Post
    They'd probably give that movie / game of the year Manc

16. Post
    Tickets have gone on sale!

17. Post
    Highly recommend watching Screen Junkies review. Great in-depth discussion. It seems like its going to be a real psychological thriller. Exploring mental health / mental illness. What it means to be an outcast etc. Certainly not for the faint of heart.

18. Post
    Hilarious that we live in an age where some movie critics think this Joker movie inspires and promotes "white terrorism"

19. Post
    you know it is bullshit because all you have to do is change the protagonist skin color to something else and the same critics or writers or "journalists" would praise it for its wokeness and challenge to oppression or some shit like that... the real story is how the same "critics "continue to ignore the underlying mental health issue and lack of care and support available as well as the deteriorating social structures which support individuals within a community ( or lack of a community or family )

as a side note i always pronounced his name with a J , you know like Jurgen type, i only recently found found it is pronounced with a W, like Wakim . Opps.
    Last edited by Bloody; 25th September 2019 at 9:46 am.

20. Post
    If you don't think there's a real conversation to be had around violence in media and how that ties into existing issues within society then eh

21. Post
    Valeo wrote:
    If you don't think there's a real conversation to be had around violence in media and how that ties into existing issues within society then eh
    That's a dangerous path. Many politicians have tried to ban videogames because of it's effects on society (which haven't actually been properly studied). Maybe they have a point, China spent a long time banning videogames from society because they thought it didn't add any economic value and reduced productivity of workers.

22. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    That's a dangerous path. Many politicians have tried to ban videogames because of it's effects on society (which haven't actually been properly studied). Maybe they have a point, China spent a long time banning videogames from society because they thought it didn't add any economic value and reduced productivity of workers.
    Well they have been studied and as far as I know more than once. Results have always indicated they have little to no effect.

23. Post
    Valeo wrote:
    media is a really broad term nowadays, any suggestion that something is harmful to someone already susceptible to suggestion due to a multitude of psychological, emotional etc factors is definitely something we need to address. BUT the point here is, the individual who needs the help and not the background noise , the individual should be our primary focus and attention. The background noise can be a significant factor but also needs to be moderated differently.

24. Post
    Warner Bros. Entertainment has restricted access for print and broadcast journalists from the red carpet at the upcoming U.S. premiere of ďJoker.Ē
    The event, which will take place on Saturday in Hollywood at the famous TCL Chinese Theatre, will now only allow photographers access to talent and filmmakers.
    https://variety.com/2019/film/news/j...ts-1203352046/

25. Post
    1st half depressing
    2nd half disturbing

Altogether though a good movie with a few wtf moments and other moments that give you chills