Joker - Joaquin Phoenix

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Post

Joker - Joaquin Phoenix

It looks like production has now wrapped on Warner Bros. and director Todd Philips' Joker movie, as stars Joaquin Phoenix and Zazie Beetz filmed their final scenes on the streets of New York earlier today.

The Daily Mail has shared some photos from the set, which feature Phoenix as both Arthur Fleck and his Clown Prince of Crime alter-ego. The Academy Award-nominee posed for a series of snaps as The Joker, before shooting a scene as Fleck on a steep stairway in Brooklyn. Beetz was seen walking away from him with a small child; presumably her character's daughter.

Keep in mind that just because this was the last scene shot, that doesn't necessarily mean it'll be the conclusion of the move - in fact, it most likely won't be. So, there's still a possibility that we will see Phoenix adopt a more comic-accurate look for the iconic DC villain.
    https://www.comicbookmovie.com/joker...ostume-a165103

We're getting a standalone Joker movie before a Ben Affleck Batman standalone. lol.

2. Post
    From what I've heard they're moving their focus away from Batman & Superman (which is pretty dumb) & also they are going to do more standalone movies.

3. Post
    Because dceu doesn't know how to mcu

4. Post
    First trailer tomorrow.

5. Post
    I find it weird he supposedly filmed a scene with Margot Robbie. Never liked two different versions of a character crossing with a reprised role.

6. Post

7. Post
    This movie has a real chance to be a sleeper hit and a cult favourite many years down the line. The trailer really did nothing for me, i waited for that hook that never came.

Then again just a teaser so far.

8. Post
    jords wrote:
    The trailer really did nothing for me, i waited for that hook that never came.
    Wait what? A DC trailer not doing it for you? What a shocker!! lol

Having said that I'm not really sure what to make of it myself. Seems a bit too artsy fartsy for my taste but am still intrigued.

9. Post
    Crispin Glover should be Joker.

10. Post
    Joker without Bats has little substance. In effect they are the 2 sides of the same coin. Joker has no peers in the DC world , even Lex Luthor avoids him despite being considered probably the smartest villain, Lex cannot outsmart or figure out the multiple versions of the Joker ( and there has been a few )

11. Post
    I'm normally a big fan of batman related stuff (excluding the dceu) and this trailer didn't do anything for me at all.

12. Post
    Looks great, thank god it isn't generic comic book movie #83

13. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    Looks great, thank god it isn't generic comic book movie #83
    Yeah that's probably the best way to look at it. Its not really a comic book movie but more of a character study & alternate take on the character.

14. Post
    I liked that. Simple realistic take on Joker.

15. Post
    I really didn't want a joker origin.. the complete mystery and unpredictability is what makes him interesting...

16. Post
    I like his semi-origin story from the 1989 Batman where he was a mobster & fell in that vat of acid because of Batman which made the Joker obsessed with him & turned him into a psychopath. Thats all the origin story we really need.

Having said that if we regard this movie as separate from everything else & in it own bubble I think it will work.

17. Post
    Actually looks really good... as in, actual good movie good rather than just good comic book movie good. Super keen, love Joaquin.

18. Post
    Feliz wrote:
    I really didn't want a joker origin.. the complete mystery and unpredictability is what makes him interesting...
    I found myself thinking something similar when watching the trailer.

Seeing the Joker as a man who was broken and beaten down to make him who he is takes away a lot of what he is. Imagining the Joker as someone who was always a monster better explains what he does and how he does it.

Seeing him as someone before he turned mad implies he could have not been the Joker if people were just nicer to him. To explain his origin as 'people were mean to him' doesn't cut the mustard. You need to be permanently bent from birth to live up to the Joker's acts.

Take my words with a grain of salt. I'm not a DC follower and these are my thoughts after just seeing what everyone has seen - the trailer.

19. Post
    Rii wrote:
    I found myself thinking something similar when watching the trailer.

Seeing the Joker as a man who was broken and beaten down to make him who he is takes away a lot of what he is. Imagining the Joker as someone who was always a monster better explains what he does and how he does it.

Seeing him as someone before he turned mad implies he could have not been the Joker if people were just nicer to him. To explain his origin as 'people were mean to him' doesn't cut the mustard. You need to be permanently bent from birth to live up to the Joker's acts.

Take my words with a grain of salt. I'm not a DC follower and these are my thoughts after just seeing what everyone has seen - the trailer.
    I agree, I also thought it was damn weird to see him going to and seeminly hanging at Arkham's mental ward. Is that supposed to be some kind of hint that the Joker is mad because he hung around mad people, or his madness is an act he learnt from watching them? I just don't think he should be going there when sane, it takes away from his character imho.

20. Post
    This looks like the most interesting DC film in ages.

21. Post

22. Post
    I'm not a big Batman fan. But this looks awesome.

23. Post
    Skorky wrote:
    Actually looks really good... as in, actual good movie good rather than just good comic book movie good. Super keen, love Joaquin.
    This.

I would love to see more of the superhero/villain films embrace the art side of cinema. I get that they are usually just interested in making as much money as possible, and so aim to try and please everybody. But this looks far more appealing to me personally than anything either Marvel or DC have put out to date, and I'm really hoping that the trailer is indicative of the tone and style of the final film.

24. Post
    it looks good to me
    Last edited by fuzzy2308; 1st May 2019 at 2:34 am.

25. Post