Joker - Joaquin Phoenix

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Post
    its pretty much taxi driver but the joker. Not that thats a bad thing, good movie,

2. Post
    Such a beautiful movie. Phoenix is amazing as expected. The music is fantastic.

3. Post
    waiting til they do saver sessions for this. It looks good!

4. Post
    Was pretty good movie, if you looking for action type movie then dont really expect one. Sorta portrays real life.

5. Post
    Felt like fight club/taxi driver to me. In the end I have no ****ing idea what actually really happened which I think is the point of the joker's origin.

Great movie I feel like I need to see it again.

6. Post
    Joker explored left wing political ideas in the end. Blue collar Gothamites rioting because of the class divide ("kill the rich"), dislaying the cliched far left activist slogan "Resist". The blue checkmark activist journalists are looking really dumb right now.

None of this was propaganda however, the movie wasn't preachy in the slightest. Todd Phillips actually told a story and explored a character. This is very much a call back to 1970's raw character study films that the likes of Scorsese made. Really good shit, I might buy it on 4K BD.

7. Post
    10/10

well worth watching again. It has a lot of talking points, a lot of important questions which the group talked about. But the real one came from one of us who was on the disability benefit. The movie hit too close to home as he went thru the process of his funding getting cut and they made him jump thru more hoops to get his depression prescription as they wanted to save money.. that hit too close to home for him.

Joachim should get a Oscar nod for this.

8. Post
    reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally enjoyed it
    amazing mood, atmosphere, music, styling, and of course acting performance

9. Post
    Movie of the year for me.

10. Post
    Loved it, noisey people in the theatre is such a buzz kill tho

11. Post
    One of the best movies I've seen

12. Post
    Loved it. Awesome exploration of a really neat character.

13. Post
    I knew Joaquin would kill it but he KILLED IT.

Now go watch The Master if you haven't already.

14. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    I knew Joaquin would kill it but he KILLED IT.

Now go watch The Master if you haven't already.
    Hey.

15. Post
    Bloodline wrote:
    Hey.
    Hey brother!

16. Post
    Just watched this today. Superb movie. I got creeped out by that laughter he kept on doing. It raises a few good points about the mental health issues we have.

17. Post
    Going to see this tonight

18. Post
    Grim dark.

19. Post
    lol. What a douche.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-movie-1247699

Sources say Leto told his agents that they should stop the rival project, arguing that he wasn’t being treated properly as an Oscar winner (for Dallas Buyers Club). But a person with first-hand knowledge of the situation contends that by then, Leto had burned through four different teams of agents at CAA and there was little love for the actor there.

20. Post
    still salty about being everyone hating his shitty version of the Joker lol

21. Post
    We didn't really get to see his version anyway.

22. Post
    So this is the most profitable comic movie ever now.

Nice.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme.../#38d3cf5918ff

23. Post
    Bloodline wrote:
    So this is the most profitable comic movie ever now.

Nice.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme.../#38d3cf5918ff
    That's what happens when you only spend $50 million on a movie rather than $500 million.

24. Post
    Saw it last night. Felt like it dragged on just a little bit. Maybe cause I was watching it late and was tired but was surprised to find out it was only 2 hours felt like 2 and a half. Joaquin was great. De Niro also did a surprisingly good job of making you love and hate Franklin. Making you question Joker's actions.

Spoiler: