The Immortal Diablo II - The Prime Evil returns

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
(4 votes)

1. Post

The Immortal Diablo II - The Prime Evil returns

For those not in the known Median XL has been keeping Diablo II's hell fires burning for the past decade. An overhaul meets total conversion meets QOL upgrade.
    It's not Diablo II as you remember it, but any fan of the D2 experience should find a lot to like here. Median XL has been one of the reasons I go back to D2 as often as I do.

The new version is due out on the 18th of Jan. A lot of new things including a new engine promising new UI and higher resolutions.

2. Post
    Median XL is such an amazing add-on. Probably one of the things still keeping me play D2

3. Post
    wow this is an amazing add on for D2 will definitely be playing this. This will bring D2 alive again.

4. Post
    in 10-20 years time we can look forward to continuing love for Diablo 3 by the fan community with similar mods... oh wait, that won't be happening because D3 has always online DRM.

5. Post
    Is this offline only? I can't imagine this would have anything to do with the online servers because they have crazy anti-bot measures and stuff. Kinda wish they would just remaster the game so I don't have to run it in compatibility mode and play at 800x.

6. Post
    guess you can play with other mod users

7. Post
    ALTER. wrote:
    Is this offline only? I can't imagine this would have anything to do with the online servers because they have crazy anti-bot measures and stuff. Kinda wish they would just remaster the game so I don't have to run it in compatibility mode and play at 800x.
    Dude! MP works perfectly

8. Post
    I'm pretty excited for this, especially since they're adding new servers with this release. Seems like a big one.
    Last edited by Bt; 22nd January 2019 at 11:24 pm.

9. Post
    Even tho the new version isn't coming until january You can start playing median xl 1.3 now. https://www.median-xl.com/ its been going for a while, multiplayer works fine I was playing with a group tonight leveled my character to level 35. The max level is 125 next patch it will be 140 plus,

Such a brilliant Diablo 2 expansion.

10. Post
    Is this a mod in the typical sense of the word, or is this a completely "new" game written to act and look identical to D2 with improvements?

11. Post
    Its a total conversion. So think Fallout New California or any of the TES total conversions.
    It's still core Diablo 2 with a lot of the structure there, just a lot more content and breadth of character build options due to expanded skills and items.
    It is built on the Diablo 2 engine. So you'll need to have that installed.

12. Post
    That's what I thought, but the video says a brand new engine, which is what got me thinking.

13. Post

14. Post
    Silly Q - but how does this work install wise? Can I have a Battle.net of D2 installed and it will work?

15. Post
    Tempted to break out the D2 battlechest and install this again as I enjoyed previous versions. The reality though is I will probably just keep playing Path of Exile while I wait for Torchlight Frontiers.

16. Post
    watchthisspace wrote:
    Silly Q - but how does this work install wise? Can I have a Battle.net of D2 installed and it will work?
    Yup. no issues whatsoever

- - - Updated - - -

geneterror wrote:
    Tempted to break out the D2 battlechest and install this again as I enjoyed previous versions. The reality though is I will probably just keep playing Path of Exile while I wait for Torchlight Frontiers.
    If you've not already register the keys with battle.net to avoid all the install/update annoyances

17. Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I might try installing it this week in case I decide to give it a go over the long weekend.