Results 301 to 325 of 337

  1. Post
    Wanted to see more on Eternals, that cast tho!

    Mahershala Blade is a boss move!!

  2. Post
    Yeah Mahershala Ali is a ****ing super solid pick.

    I wanna know who Kumail Nanjiani is playing in the Eternals, he's been one of my favourite comedians for years. I wonder how long he had to beg Dave Bautista to put in a good word for him.

  3. Post
    So much to wrap head around here

  4. Post
    where's that evaunit guy to tell us how bad it is that there are black people, gay people and women getting lead roles in the MCU?

  5. Post
    What are you doing, Kierbear? If EvaUnit02 comes back and retaliates I'm going to ban you if you dare whinge about "look, he said stuff, why aren't you telling him off"

  6. Post
    I was gonna bring up Som's rant about James Gunn but thought better lol

  7. Post
    jords wrote:
    I was gonna bring up Som's rant about James Gunn but thought better lol
    lmao trust you to remember that lol. All that pedo shit made me sick when it first came out but I don't really care anymore. I was actually happy when he was signed on for Suicide Squad 2 & reinstated by Disney for GoTG3. He's an awesome director & that shit is way behind him now so I'm over it now lol.

  8. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    lmao trust you to remember that lol. All that pedo shit made me sick when it first came out but I don't really care anymore. I was actually happy when he was signed on for Suicide Squad 2 & reinstated by Disney for GoTG3. He's an awesome director & that shit is way behind him now so I'm over it now lol.
    *fist bump*

  9. Post
    I'm excited for Blade, the Cottonmouth actor from Luke Cage is a super good pick. Will be interested to see where Black Widow falls in the timeline. Dr. Strange is a boss, hell yeah. I'll go Thor 4 just because Taika is making it, Ragnarok is super good. The rest of the shit? I don't care, a bunch of C-tier characters which they had to scrape the bottom the barrel for. WTF are The Eternals and Shang-Chi?

    Now that Endgame is done just watch the normies will probably be dropping the hell out after a few more movies, like did they with Solo: A Star Wars Story, a certified flop. They should accelerate those Fantastic Four and X-men reboots if they want to keep making the big money. Also Asgardians of the Galaxy (or whatever GotG3 will be called).

  10. Post
    Rare full agreeance with Eva, Not a big comic fan, but knew most of the avengers-types from cartoons and such, have no idea about or interest in any of these new thingys at the moment. Although I wouldn't put it past Marvel if are able to pull off continued interest - but I think endgame lined up nicely with the collective "superhero fatigue" and I think most of the population will be happier to let the phases 4 stuff slide TBH..

  11. Post
    Returning characters like Black Widow, Doctor Strange, Thor,Guardians,Captain Marvel, Black Panther etc. Their movies / sequels will do fine. Its the new heroes like Eternals and Shang-Chi that will be tough sells. The Disney+ series should fine too and I think those are the most unique part of Phase 4.

  12. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    I'm excited for Blade, the Cottonmouth actor from Luke Cage is a super good pick. Will be interested to see where Black Widow falls in the timeline. Dr. Strange is a boss, hell yeah. I'll go Thor 4 just because Taika is making it, Ragnarok is super good. The rest of the shit? I don't care, a bunch of C-tier characters which they had to scrape the bottom the barrel for. WTF are The Eternals and Shang-Chi?

    Now that Endgame is done just watch the normies will probably be dropping the hell out after a few more movies, like did they with Solo: A Star Wars Story, a certified flop. They should accelerate those Fantastic Four and X-men reboots if they want to keep making the big money. Also Asgardians of the Galaxy (or whatever GotG3 will be called).
    Widow is set after Civil War.

  13. Post
    jords wrote:
    Widow is set after Civil War.
    Thanks. That's good.

  14. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    its happening! Phase IV reveal!

    Wow I can't wait to see Untitled 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ,7, 8, 9 and 10

  15. Post
    With Shang-Chi if they're aiming for the Chinese audience I see it not being an easy, straightforward sell as some might think. Tony Leung is certainly a boss, a star from old school HK cinema, but he seems to be only a supporting character. They're leaning big into Asian Americans for both leading actor talent and behind the lens creatives. Culturally there's a big disconnect between them and Asian born people.

  16. Post
    jords wrote:
    Widow is set after Civil War.
    hmmmm .... might have to slot that one in to my Avengers timeline of disks.

  17. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Returning characters like Black Widow, Doctor Strange, Thor,Guardians,Captain Marvel, Black Panther etc. Their movies / sequels will do fine. Its the new heroes like Eternals and Shang-Chi that will be tough sells. The Disney+ series should fine too and I think those are the most unique part of Phase 4.
    everybody, including myself, said that about guardians of the galaxy too. a talking racoon and a tree? sounds dumb. ego the living planet? pfft.

  18. Post
    kierbear wrote:
    everybody, including myself, said that about guardians of the galaxy too. a talking racoon and a tree? sounds dumb. ego the living planet? pfft.
    Again, a lot of people will be highly likely be jumping off the carousel now that Endgame, i.e. the ending to a decade+ storyline, is done. Normies in general are starting to tire of blindly going to every tentpole just because it's a known franchise, just look at box office disappointment of MiB International.

    I'd be happy to be proven wrong, if it only to sustain the money train in hopes of getting some potentially decent flicks if/when X-men and FF are rebooted.

    As for Disney+ programming, they have more known MCU commodities so they'll likely fair better. That being said the market is already starting to fall out of streaming service wars, too much competition and everybody having a small handful desireable exclusives has lead to a rebound in people torrenting in recent years.

  19. Post
    "People are getting sick of the MCU... because they didn't watch a clearly shitty movie that has no relation to it".

    Meanwhile, how's Spidey FFH tracking? Are the "normies" falling off the actual MCU? While we're at it, remember how you claimed no one wanted to see Captain Marvel? You say you'd be happy to be proven wrong - by that logic you must be happy all the time.

  20. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Again, a lot of people will be highly likely be jumping off the carousel now that Endgame, i.e. the ending to a decade+ storyline, is done. Normies in general are starting to tire of blindly going to every tentpole just because it's a known franchise, just look at box office disappointment of MiB International.
    there is zero evidence of this being true.

  21. Post
    kierbear wrote:
    there is zero evidence of this being true.
    I agree, lmao at using MiB International as an example.

  22. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Again, a lot of people will be highly likely be jumping off the carousel now that Endgame, i.e. the ending to a decade+ storyline, is done. Normies in general are starting to tire of blindly going to every tentpole just because it's a known franchise, just look at box office disappointment of MiB International.
    Well for me I followed the Avengers Iron Man storyline, so when Endgame came out that storyline ended, so my interest waned in the MCU. I watch the others with the kids at the movies if we on an outing, or rent them, but will not add them to a permanent collection.

  23. Post
    I'm not overly excited for Phase 4 myself. Movies i'm most excited about are Thor 4 and Doctor Strange 2. And a few of the Disney+ series. Spider-Man 3 as well whenever Sony announces that. I think it was a bad move making the first few movies prequels. You could probably skip Black Widow, Eternals and Shang-Chi and be fine. Thor 4 is the first one where well really get a good look at the MCU post-endgame. You can definitely feel the absence of Tony Stark and Steve Rogers. Its a little weird. MCU X-Men & Fantastic Four are where the real hype is lets be real.

  24. Post
    Digital release tomorrow! Double feature with Infinity War!

  25. Post
    You mean now