Thanks Galent I put $30 on the draw to pay $630

2. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    i put a mighty fiver on the same

3. Post
    Good luck mate!

4. Post
    This is going to be a long post with many points ranging from the ODI selections, to the state of this test match.

Firstly the ODI selections...

I note Munro has been retained. Surely he will destroy Sri Lanka and minnow bash his way into the World Cup lineup. The only bowlers I see Munro getting out to the power play is 140km plus merchants who get plenty of bounce. Sri Lanka don't have anyone than that deal out those sorts of venomous deliveries.

I mean imagine the scene at the World Cup when we play SA and he faces up to Rabada. I see only winner in that tussle and I don't see the tussle lasting long.

Seifert. Why are we giving him an ODI cap. He did nothing for the A team or very little for them. His list A average is 24.4

More on Jimmy Neesham - He may have scored 500 runs in this year's Ford Trophy but he only mde 185 from 5 games last year and I think we need to move away from picking the top batsman this year, and use at least the last two years stats otherwise we will keep picking over achievers like Mark Chapman and Tom Bruce.
    With his bowling, do you guys remember the Queenstown game where it was 22 overs per side and Corey set a world record. We had to rush our overs in to beat the pending rain when we bowled. Neesham came off three steps and according to the admittedly unreliable speed gun was bowling 130 plus. I would like to see Neesham develop a really short run, about Munro's length but work on getting it through in the low 130 thirties. If you are going to be a fringe bowler then you need to get through your overs quickly to help the over rate. Right now Jimmy goes back to the 30 metre circle for his run up.
    I hope the little Sri Lankans absolutely climb into his bowling.

On Bracewell he walks out with a swagger to bat but his list A average is only 22.5 - that is on the weak side.

He also is another who is injury prone.

That said he is a very good bowler.

5. Post
    Put your money away boys, we'll wrap it up by stumps tomorrow

6. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    Huh?

How can NZ not win from here?

7. Post
    Zarkov wrote:
    Huh?

How can NZ not win from here?
    You saw the last test? This is almost scarily similar. Day 3 of the first test SRL finished 20-3, here they're 24-2. We didn't get a single wicket on day four, and rain washed out day 5.

I don't think rain will come into it this time but the pitch is super flat, we just scored 585-4! It's far from impossible, but it's unlikely. I think we're just as likely to get wickets with crap balls as good ones, like Boult's first, or Latham's.

8. Post
    <N> wrote:
    You saw the last test? This is almost scarily similar. Day 3 of the first test SRL finished 20-3, here they're 24-2. We didn't get a single wicket on day four, and rain washed out day 5.

I don't think rain will come into it this time but the pitch is super flat, we just scored 585-4! It's far from impossible, but it's unlikely. I think we're just as likely to get wickets with crap balls as good ones, like Boult's first, or Latham's.
    yeah exactly... i just cant imagine them batting 180 overs (1080 balls) w/o making 8 more mistakes

but.... ive hedged in the super unlikely event they do something ridiculous

9. Post
    LOL at the quality difference between the stump cam and the broadcast cameras..gg Sky you cheap f*cks.
    You can tell the broadcast cams are aging.

10. Post
    Name:  stumpcamsmaller.png
Views: 96
Size:  952.6 KB

dat pretty.

11. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    1/6 sessions down haha

12. Post
    The draw has come down from 21 to 5... TAB believes haha

13. Post
    Lol, Matt Henry. Boss. That's how you 12th man Siddle.

14. Post
    turning_point wrote:
    The draw has come down from 21 to 5... TAB believes haha
    more lots of people are hedging bets thus lowering it to cover themselves
    Modern betting companies are pure maths and algorithms. They don't hire mathematicians and high quality computer scientists out of Uni for mega bucks for nothing

Betting company IT processes are generally quite minto
    Only worked for Australia's largest one

15. Post
    Betting companies never lose. Ever. Unless it is super super insane like 5000-1 Leicester City or you are a rich dude that hires the same mathematicians and high quality computer scientists to bet against the betting companies to a point you are a VIP for them and cut you a better deal to not shut you down.

But even then, that why they have insurance

16. Post
    Well that really sucks from everyone's perspective that Matthews is obviously out now for the rest of the tour. He had been named in the ODI squad.

Sri Lanka ODI Squad: Lasith Malinga(c), Niroshan Dickwella, Angelo Mathews, Danushka Gunathilaka, Kusal Perera, Dinesh Chandimal, Asela Gunaratne, Kusal Mendis, Dhananjaya de Silva, Thisara Perera, Dasun Shanaka, Lakshan Sandakan, Seekkuge Prasanna, Dushmantha Chameera, Kasun Rajitha, Nuwan Pradeep, Lahiru Kumara

17. Post
    Draw here we come.

18. Post
    MXRecord wrote:
    Draw here we come.
    4 down and Mathews injured and off the park. You'd still be brave. Did we learn nothing from the UAE?

19. Post
    ;11246640 wrote:
    4 down and Mathews injured and off the park. You'd still be brave.
    Haha I said that before the 4th wicket.

20. Post
    MXRecord wrote:
    Haha I said that before the 4th wicket.
    Still seems strange to deem it a draw with Mathews off injured too. Look at the UAE, a lot can happen quickly. Even that test against Bangladesh in Hamilton... looked a draw for all money. They were one down after two sessions on day 5 and we got 9 wickets in the last session on a dead wicket.

21. Post
    The shit balls will get the wickets... pretty close to the tail now.

22. Post
    For those that don't know, all Sky channels are free until Jan 7th,so if you're a pauper like me, you can now watch sports

23. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    For those that don't know, all Sky channels are free until Jan 7th,so if you're a pauper like me, you can now watch sports
    why would you pay for sky and not sports :O?

24. Post
    turning_point wrote:
    why would you pay for sky and not sports :O?
    Because I never watch sports lol, only when NZ are playing cricket, not worth the money.

25. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Because I never watch sports lol, only when NZ are playing cricket, not worth the money.
    ah okay, fair enough.