1. Post
    B|ind-Reaper* wrote:
    Hairy Nipples to get a hundy then declare, or declare just before day end?
    Few overs before tea at them, definitely not that late! We already have so many runs. Would you declare on Tom now though... so close to another double.

Looks like we won't be hampered by rain this time, and you'd have to question if we can't bowl SRL out in 7 sessions then we don't deserve to win.

2. Post
    congrats Nickleback - am officially a fan now.

lololol at Trenty not wanting to get up. tbf I know what dad life is like now too haha

3. Post
    So, Latham has scored 652 runs in 12 innings this calendar year and is the overall 10th most runs by all batsman this year so far.

Williamson has 651 runs in 12 innings.

4. Post
    That was a good knock by Nicholls.

Seems pretty easy going out there.

5. Post
    KWill is 7 runs behind Latham for the year. Will he come out score 8 runs and call it a day?

6. Post
    voy1dnz wrote:
    KWill is 7 runs behind Latham for the year. Will he come out score 8 runs and call it a day?
    Kane not care less about stats. He'd probably be happy Latham is ahead of him, about time he got some consistent support outside of Taylor. Nicholls has been much better than Latham this year, less runs or not.

I'd say Kane's runs have a ton more weight to them, consistently good everywhere without getting them huge daddy doubles.

7. Post
    shittest ball got him

8. Post
    turning_point wrote:
    congrats Nickleback - am officially a fan now.

lololol at Trenty not wanting to get up. tbf I know what dad life is like now too haha
    Trent, you keen for a bowl yet? Nah, this couch is cozy. In the morning.

9. Post
    Why are we still batting? We have about 400 more than we need.

10. Post
    Surely put them at around 5:15 today

11. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Why are we still batting? We have about 400 more than we need.
    Its only day 3... gotta keep something on air to broadcast....

Besides I really like these slogathons which take SL out ofit completely....

12. Post
    SL look broken in the field

13. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    Its only day 3... gotta keep something on air to broadcast....

Besides I really like these slogathons which take SL out ofit completely....
    They're already out if it though haha

14. Post
    CdG getting easy runs again to retain his spot...

15. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    They're already out if it though haha
    500 on a road with 2.33 days is doble...

700 in 2.1 days with dbly Boult and Southee spells... less so...

Id let Timmah swing - and only have 10 overs tonight at them...

- - - Updated - - -

Indigo1 wrote:
    With his bowling and batting averages - he really is in no test danger....

His test all round stats are excellent.... His bowling is legitimate. He averages lesss than 30!!!!

His limited overs career however is hanging by a thread....

16. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    and who is going to replace him? He got a 49 in the first test and is on 65* here. His place in NZ conditions isn't really up for grabs. We play so limited tests we cannot just go and trial a ton of options. I can't think of anyone else who would be better in the #7 role. His bowling was bloody handy in the UAE when our main guys weren't as effective.

They desperately want him in form. Nicholls was averaging 30 from his first 18 innings, next 18 he's averaging close to 60. Sometimes you just have to say well done selectors for persevering, no matter how much we bay for blood in here.

It's what, one series since CdG saved our ass against England with the bat?

17. Post
    <N> wrote:
    and who is going to replace him? He got a 49 in the first test and is on 65* here. His place in NZ conditions isn't really up for grabs. We play so limited tests we cannot just go and trial a ton of options. I can't think of anyone else who would be better in the #7 role. His bowling was bloody handy in the UAE when our main guys weren't as effective.

They desperately want him in form. Nicholls was averaging 30 from his first 18 innings, next 18 he's averaging close to 60. Sometimes you just have to say well done selectors for persevering, no matter how much we bay for blood in here.

It's what, one series since CdG saved our ass against England with the bat?
    Yeah - he's basically our best bet outside a dustbowl...

I prefer his bowling to anything Anderson or Neesh ever did in tests...

18. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    Yeah - he's basically our best bet outside a dustbowl...

I prefer his bowling to anything Anderson or Neesh ever did in tests...
    Thing is, I'd still play him on a dust bowl right now for his bowling. His batting was a joke and I'm not sure he could even bat that badly again if he tried... but he was contributing with the ball. I'd say Wagner's spot is in more danger than CdG's.

19. Post
    <N> wrote:
    Thing is, I'd still play him on a dust bowl right now for his bowling. His batting was a joke and I'm not sure he could even bat that badly again if he tried... but he was contributing with the ball. I'd say Wagner's spot is in more danger than CdG's.
    Then you have to add in that his bowling value in UAE was with the new ball....

I think you're on the right track though and thinking it through and logically...

Which is all I ask of Stead and Larsen... and pray for....

20. Post
    Boulty

21. Post
    Pitch was like a bit of a minefield for the first day or so, after that it's turn into a road like the Basin... good to have them 24/2 after 14 overs, but you always tend to get an early wicket or two against any side that's been in the field for a fair while, we should win, but the wicket looks pretty bloody easy to bat on now, if Mathews can get some big partnerships going with the others could be hard yakka to clean them out.

22. Post
    I could see a draw from here. The ball isn't swinging much and the pitch isn't turning and Kane doesn't know how to set a field for a spinner,

23. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    I could see a draw from here. The ball isn't swinging much and the pitch isn't turning and Kane doesn't know how to set a field for a spinner,
    Put a bet on then. It's paying $21

24. Post
    Galent wrote:
    Put a bet on then. It's paying $21
    TAB won't display that bet event for me?

25. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    TAB won't display that bet event for me?
    It's under H2H.