EPIC launches new digital store - Will compete with Steam/Origin

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)
Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    ah I forgot about forza, the game I want to play but just never get around to doing so I've never used windows store

2. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    And thts changing too it won’t be long before there are a dozen subscription you need to get your games
    Publishers are pushing hard to copy The Netflix revenue model
    I'm confident that buying to own outright will remain an option will into the future. You can still buy digital movies and music as well, you aren't stuck with subscriptions.

3. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    ah I forgot about forza, the game I want to play but just never get around to doing so I've never used windows store
    Lucky, worst store I have ever used, seriously takes me hours to get a game to start downloading or to get a patching going.

4. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    windows store? lol you can't be serious
    Also the only place to get Gears and Crackdown 3 and any future Halo titles. Also likely to be the only place where all the newly acquired studios games will be available.
    The Windows store is not awful, it is clunky though.

5. Post
    Epic following in EA's "Above the Law" stand? hopefully not.

would have thought Epic would be smarter about this.

6. Post
    Drakarth wrote:
    would have thought Epic would be smarter about this.
    I'd wager that's the Tencent authoritarian Chinese influence.

7. Post
    Also the return policy seems extra ..extraneous ... designed to stop . Disappointing with Epic :/

8. Post
    Epic was hacked once, they are going to get hacked again. At least as long as they keep everything integrated with vBulletin.

9. Post
    The Walking Dead Season 4 is moving to the EPIC store.

https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news...re-1203093523/

All future episodes of “Telltale’s The Walking Dead” on PC will be published on the Epic Games Store, Skybound Games announced Thursday. People who already bought the season on a different PC platform will still receive the final two episodes through their previous point of purchase.

The third episode of “Telltale’s The Walking Dead: The Final Season,” entitled Broken Toys, is set for a Jan. 15 release on Epic’s new online game store. Epic Games Store will also be host to the previous episodes of the season for those who want to buy it as well. The game will hit consoles on Jan. 15 as well.

10. Post
    You can add the division 2.

Ubisoft has announced it is partnering with Epic to bring The Division 2 to the latter's Epic Games store come launch on March 15, as well as on its own Ubisoft store. It won't be hitting on Steam at that time, however meaning the franchise is effectively jumping ship.

Pre-orders for The Division 2 on the Epic Games Store are now live for the standard, gold, and ultimate editions of the game. In its press release of the announcement of this news, Ubisoft says the two companies are working together to "integrate key components of Ubisoft’s Uplay and Epic’s online services," which likely means buying the game on the Epic store will work similarly to how buying a Ubisoft game on Steam works now, including being able to access Uplay no matter what store you buy it on.

Any preorder on the Epic Games Store will get guaranteed access to the game's private beta ahead of launch. If you already preordered The Division 2 elsewhere, your access to the beta is still honored, but from here on out, Epic's store is where you go for the private beta.
    https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/01...es-store-on-pc

11. Post
    I wonder how many major franchises Epic can nap, and more importantly how will Valvle respond in order to ensure publishers stick with them. Potentially interesting times.

12. Post
    will it actually give better service / pricing to us consumers tho? More choices does not always translate to better service etc

13. Post
    It is pretty exciting. Though Epics client is dog shit right now imo.

14. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    will it actually give better service / pricing to us consumers tho? More choices does not always translate to better service etc
    We can only hope. If Epic wasn't so bullish about snagging titles I would say no chance of any changes, but there is potential that their push to take revenue away from Valve and being better partners for publishers forces a response.
    But only time will tell.