Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

Brightburn (2019)

Damn just saw the trailer for this. Looks like its a different take on the Superman origin story but because its a Sony film it obviously cant have Superman in it. Whats interesting is it has the same font as Man of Steel & a lot of shots look very similar to MoS. Its also produced by James Gunn. I think they might be taking a stab at Zac Snyder & MoS or this could be the same story as the Snyder-cut that lots of people have been wondering about. Another theory is this might be a troll but looks real to me.

Anyways wateva the case it still looks pretty cool.

2. Post
    What if Zod was sent and not Ka-Ell ?

3. Post
    oh snap that's a pretty good theory & would be pretty awesome

4. Post
    Damn, wasn't expecting that

5. Post
    Wait that's....Superman?

It looks like a horror with a demon child killing people.

6. Post
    Seems like a missed opportunity to not market this as a What if/Elseworlds kind of story in association with DC. And yes its a real movie.

7. Post
    Posted in trailer thread but guess people don't check that anymore. Movie looks decent, also James Gunn.

8. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Seems like a missed opportunity to not market this as a What if/Elseworlds kind of story in association with DC. And yes its a real movie.
    Yeah I agree. That would've been a cool idea.

The fact that James Gunn is involved does seem a bit fishy to me. I mean he was hired by DC to write & possibly direct Suicide Squad 2 & now hes attached to a movie that is basically a twist on Superman's origin story (albeit without Superman for obvious rights reasons). The font is even the same as MoS & alot of shots look similar to MoS. Even the filter is the same. It does seem like a bit of a troll directed at Zac Snyder & the Snyder-verse lol.

9. Post
    Wow, this looks awesome.

I reckon they really missed a trick by not making Superman at last a bit villainy in BvS (and also making the movie generally not shit).

10. Post

11. Post
    I feel they have miss a good opportunity having this as a series on TV.

12. Post
    jords wrote:
    I feel they have miss a good opportunity having this as a series on TV.
    Yeah the premise could definitely make for a really good Netflix show

13. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Yeah the premise could definitely make for a really good Netflix show
    Got there own streaming service no?

14. Post
    jords wrote:
    Got there own streaming service no?
    The movie isn't a WB/DC movie even though it looks like it. Its actually a Sony movie.

15. Post
    Has anyone seen this yet? I was looking forward to it but the lukewarm reviews have put me off a bit from going out to the theatre to see it.

16. Post
    I'm waiting til the cheap tickets are available.

17. Post
    Saw it last night and enjoyed it. Bit of gore but wasn't scary, if you like comic book movies with a splash of horror, this is good.

18. Post
    Saw it the other night, kind of enjoyed it? It definitely is basically an Elseworld's story though, and apparently they're working on "wonder woman" and "Aqua man" versions too. I guess "What if wonder woman was a mens' rights activist" and "What if aquaman didn't believe in climate change"?

19. Post
    I wouldnt pay the full price ticket to see it.
    Was disappointed and I went in with 0 expectations (didnt know what I was watching that day nor saw the trailer before).

20. Post
    focus wrote:
    I wouldnt pay the full price ticket to see it.
    Was disappointed and I went in with 0 expectations (didnt know what I was watching that day nor saw the trailer before).
    Who goes in not knowing what they're seeing? People see movies they're interested in, a bit stupid blindly walking into a movie.

21. Post
    grieving wrote:
    Who goes in not knowing what they're seeing? People see movies they're interested in, a bit stupid blindly walking into a movie.
    Heaps of people.

22. Post
    grieving wrote:
    i quite like doing it because i then have no preconceived ideas of how good or bad it is , can make for a better experience. Mind you if it is a really bad movie then i wish i hadn't

23. Post
    grieving wrote:
    I do it every single time I go to the movies. You can summarise just about every movie with the trailer, so if you've seen the trailer you've pretty much seen the movie.

You're a fool for watching the trailers then paying money to go watch it again.

24. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    I do it every single time I go to the movies. You can summarise just about every movie with the trailer, so if you've seen the trailer you've pretty much seen the movie.

You're a fool for watching the trailers then paying money to go watch it again.
    Who says you have to watch the trailer? You can read the synopsis to find out if you want to see it or not.

25. Post
    Please, continue telling the people that that are different to you why they are wrong and stupid. It is both informative and on-topic.