1. Post

Is this possible?

I have a weak wireless signal at the other end of the house.

Can I connect the modem to the another modem wirelessly at the other end of the house so that there's two spots where wireless comes from?

If so, what's the best place to find out how to do this?

Thanks.

Instead of making another thread, I have another question.

I'm on Orcon ADSL broadband with a $5 homeline but the phone plugs into the modem. So it's using VOIP correct? (and not the homeline?) Then what happens if I remove the homeline from my Orcon plan? Will I still have a phone connection and the same phone number?

Thanks
    Last edited by Anroid; 15th December 2018 at 10:52 am.

2. Post
    You might want to look into a mesh system: Google Wifi, Ubiquiti AmpliFi, etc.

3. Post
    Check if one of your routers has Repeater mode in the Wifi settings. If so then you can use that one as the router at the other end to improve the Wifi signal.

4. Post
    ^Thanks all

I'm on Orcon ADSL broadband with a $5 homeline but the phone plugs into the modem. So it's using VOIP correct? (and not the homeline?) Then what happens if I remove the homeline from my Orcon plan? Will I still have a phone connection and the same phone number?

Thanks
    Last edited by Anroid; 15th December 2018 at 10:51 am.

5. Post
    Could just be a pass through to the phone line? I don't think it necessarily means you're on VOIP.

6. Post
    Anroid wrote:
    ^Thanks all

Thanks
    If it's plugging into the modem, then yeah it's VOIP. This isn't free though, the ISP charges you for that service, like a regular/old-style 'homeline'. So if you 'remove that service', it simply won't work.

Unless I'm getting confused about the exact details.