Accdential or can't afford one lets damage it (video)

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    Skilfil wrote:
    Lol Triple_Salty. His ute is hardly shit, I'm not a fan of the Ute/SUV craze and I hate the majority of idiots in them but I don't get salty about it. I was just saying the guy is probably jelly he can't afford something like it even if it doesn't register for a high roller like yourself.
    I don't how know how people afford Rangers $50k+ when i struggle to afford this Blue Ute at $38k on-top of repaying mortgage in Auckland.

2. Post
    Most utes out there are probably owned by businesses. So they depreciate them and all sorts of tax benefits. For your typical Joe Bloggs, buying a vehicle like that is just a really quick way to lose money as it depreciates so fast.

3. Post
    Whatever the reason is, someone intentionally damaging your stuff - whether it's a beater or perfect - not cool.

4. Post
    Triple_S wrote:
    In saying that, NOTHING excuses damaging someone elses automobile. Should've run him over.
    What if OP had just thrown a bunch of empty Billy Mav cans at the guy?

5. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    Most utes out there are probably owned by businesses. So they depreciate them and all sorts of tax benefits. For your typical Joe Bloggs, buying a vehicle like that is just a really quick way to lose money as it depreciates so fast.
    Are you sure? Commerial vehicles like utes tend to hold their value surprisingly well compared to most cars.

6. Post
    The first thing to do is file a police report, the second thing to do is contact your insurer and lodge a claim, the third thing to do is to contact the employer of this muppet and send them this video.

7. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    , buying a vehicle like that is just a really quick way to lose money as it depreciates so fast.
    Actually utes and vans dont depreciate that fast, they hold value really well.

8. Post
    Yeah, second hand utes are ridiculously overpriced.

9. Post
    Fair enough, I haven't studied it that much. Was just basing it off what few year old utes tend to be listed for compared to new ones. I guess they bump the prices up of new ones each year which helps with that. Lose the most at the start like cars, which if you're paying 50k+ for a ute, isn't pocket change (for me).

2018 SR5 Hilus - 52k, 2016 with 60k on the clock $35k, perhaps thats relatively not bad though? Still get some listed at like 49k, which just sounds like a ute that won't sell.

Anyway, i'm keen to know how OP knows the elbow masters financial position to know that they can't afford a ute like his though.
    Last edited by Fragluton; 17th December 2018 at 11:49 pm.

10. Post
    Utes are cheap new and expensive second hand. Compared to cars, buying new is actually a pretty good value proposition.

11. Post
    Perhaps hes implying buying a brand new ute outright is a luxury most cannot. Finance is an entirely different ball game.

12. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    Anyway, i'm keen to know how OP knows the elbow masters financial position to know that they can't afford a ute like his though.
    Old mate in the hi vis probably drives a Porsche for all we know, but generally most unwarranted damage to someones car is financial jealousy. Generally.

13. Post
    It’s such strange behaviour.

14. Post
    Triple_S wrote:
    So? Utes are like road aids. Everyone has one and they are all shit (and 90% drive like shitheads). They're the new skidline for boy racers that gained age, but not brain cells.

In saying that, NOTHING excuses damaging someone elses automobile. Should've run him over.
    Nah there's actually names for ute people..

Firstly we have normal ute owners who carry shit around in their stock ute because it's a ute and that's what it's for. Like myself and NoCash. I carry lots of portable fire equipment in mine. and I don't like vans because they are aids to drive long distance.

Now we have "lowered ute retards" who simply are just boy racers who haven't grown up. - will probably also run a "diesel switch"

and the top of the cake ute bundies are "lifted truck ****wits" who put huge mud tyres on their shitty hiluxes, skite about having a "diesel switch" and rip up public fields, destroy property and drive also like ****wits everywhere else.

Blue Vein CHEESE wrote:
    What if OP had just thrown a bunch of empty Billy Mav cans at the guy?
    speaking of utes, Triton GL-S models have an electric opening rear cab window to huck things out at people behind you.

15. Post
    Where's the dickhead tradesman option. So many of these egotistical dipshits to sit in right hand lanes on express ways in utes but also the classic van.

16. Post
    Modern well specced double cab utes are the new Falcodore. It's the same demographic, with the same driving habits.

17. Post
    Most post 2006 utes have a higher ride height and are 4 doors. So even though they drive well with loads of power, they're just not as user friendly as my OG courier king cab for loading roof racks or heavy equipment in the back.

18. Post
    GaR wrote:
    Modern well specced double cab utes are the new Falcodore. It's the same demographic, with the same driving habits.
    Except now they add those stupid ****ing AliExpress LED bars on to blind the shit out of you when they want to go kerb crawling

19. Post
    Eagle wrote:
    Where's the dickhead tradesman option. So many of these egotistical dipshits to sit in right hand lanes on express ways in utes but also the classic van.
    Manukau Nissan do a "tradie edition" of the Navara. ****'n embarrassing.

20. Post
    OP, what's your relationship to this fool? Can you indentify him to your insurance company with more than just a first name?

21. Post
    han16 wrote:
    Manukau Nissan do a "tradie edition" of the Navara. ****'n embarrassing.
    Name:  mKHwWW4.png
Views: 171
Size:  560.8 KB

Eh, smart marketing.

22. Post
    Skilfil wrote:
    Name:  mKHwWW4.png
Views: 171
Size:  560.8 KB

Eh, smart marketing.
    It's missing these features:
    - incorrect speedo to drive over the speed limit legally
    - upgraded brakes so you stop safely when tailgating

23. Post
    I feel like you don't actually drive anywhere. Because every type of driver out there does that at times. Don't let me get in the way of you crossing your arms though.

24. Post
    I think he hit your car on purpose but he didn't mean to dent it. But does it matter? He did it.

25. Post
    swazi wrote:
    Are you sure? Commerial vehicles like utes tend to hold their value surprisingly well compared to most cars.
    Daynger wrote:
    Actually utes and vans dont depreciate that fast, they hold value really well.
    GaR wrote:
    Yeah, second hand utes are ridiculously overpriced.
    Fragluton wrote:
    You are not entirely off the mark.

Yes private owners like the others have said, the value of utes hold well for resale.

But businesses including sole contractors like many tradies, depreciation from a tax perspective for deductibles is a factor in why they are bought/leased.