Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    320i will never feel good when overtaking. Get the Honda. It'll be very quick

2. Post
    I’d get the Skyline, the other two options are shit.

3. Post
    I know everyone says Euro R and as a car sure but the KMs are so high. I wont look at anything higher than 70k and prefer under 50k.

Why not a newer model Euro S with much lower km? https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/use...3c919510875466

4. Post
    Skyline would have more overtaking power, Euro R for cornering.

Keep in mind that blindly flying around corners is against the law regardless of the posted speed limit or the recommended turning speed.

https://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/r.../speed-limits/

"You can drive at any speed under or equal to the limit, provided:

- you can stop in half the length of clear road you can see in front of you on a road with no centre line or lanes (for example, a narrow country road where vehicles may meet head-on)

- you can stop in the length of clear lane you can see in front of you on a road with a centre line or lanes."

5. Post
    Markuchi wrote:
    I know everyone says Euro R and as a car sure but the KMs are so high. I wont look at anything higher than 70k and prefer under 50k.

Why not a newer model Euro S with much lower km? https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/use...3c919510875466

How many Kms do you expect a 12 year old car to have travelled? Personally I’d be far more sus of a Euro R with 60k than of one with 160

Also the later model Accord you posted is a base model auto, not exactly comparable.

6. Post
    Disinfo wrote:
    How many Kms do you expect a 12 year old car to have travelled? Personally I’d be far more sus of a Euro R with 60k than of one with 160

Also the later model Accord you posted is a base model auto, not exactly comparable.
    A lot of cars in Japan dont get used that much, lots of weekend only cars. If you did on average 100km each weekend for 12 years that is 62400km.
    If a car had extremely low km on it for how old it is then sure could be sus but 60k over 12 years isnt that.

7. Post
    Could also mean its done a lot of shitty start-stop commuter traffic, so hasnt racked up KM, but lots of engine hours.

8. Post
    JTWOLF wrote:
    Yeah ofc, theres not a lot you can do though if your wheel locks up and it wont go where you want it to go.
    There actually is quite alot you can do to get a car back under control, perhaps an advanced driving course or some track time wouldnt go amiss for you.

9. Post
    Or just stop driving like an asshat.

10. Post
    Daynger wrote:
    There actually is quite alot you can do to get a car back under control, perhaps an advanced driving course or some track time wouldnt go amiss for you.
    Well i did get my car under control, thats why my car didnt get a scratch

11. Post
    Triple_S wrote:
    Or just stop driving like an asshat.
    I wasnt. Only ever lost control once and it was cause it had started raining. Also there was no one on the rd and it was a 100 zone so wasnt spčeding

12. Post

Asshat.

13. Post
    Yeah. Plenty of open roads are not safe to be driven at 100 no matter how great you think your car is. You're not speeding but despite that, you would be considered reckless driving which has far higher penalties than being caught speeding.

Because it's a lot more dangerous and a lot less legal.

14. Post
    GaR wrote:
    There are a lot of factors there.

Out of your three choices, the Honda could certainly take such a corner fastest. That said, a P11 Primera in decent condition with decent tyres should be able to manage better than 50.
    P11 sedans are actually pretty well handling cars, good step above the usual strut suspension you see on most road cars.

15. Post
    nile wrote:
    P11 sedans are actually pretty well handling cars, good step above the usual strut suspension you see on most road cars.
    Let's not go crazy. They're competent handlers for what they are, which is a mid range, mid sized sedan.

16. Post
    Perhaps you should get the 320i for everyone else's sake

17. Post
    JTWOLF wrote:
    Yeah ofc, theres not a lot you can do though if your wheel locks up and it wont go where you want it to go. It had only just started raining at the time, so i thought it would be alright, but misjudged
    JTWOLF wrote:
    Well i did get my car under control, thats why my car didnt get a scratch
    You seem like an excellent driver, no possible way you could improve.