Had a sweet bbq

2. Post
    34c forecast for tomorrow.....

3. Post
    its lovely here in welly, im still in a sweatshirt

4. Post
    LiQuid.Ace wrote:
    its lovely here in welly, im still in a sweatshirt
    Dude, it's the worst. I'm seriously considering heading to NYC where it's a nice -11c for the next month or two.

5. Post
    There's actually a nice breeze blowing

6. Post
    I've got a west facing apartment with a lovely two story glass window as one of the walls, the rest are concret. It's like a hot box even with the windows wide open.

7. Post
    ^ yea I think the US could do with some global warming. https://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Ba...504866552.html

8. Post
    Looking at a high of 33 tomorrow, might have to skip walking to/from work

9. Post
    29 now and for the rest of the week

10. Post
    Thunderstorm wrote:
    ^ yea I think the US could do with some global warming. https://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Ba...504866552.html
    Ok you do know what climate change is right?

11. Post
    30 degrees today in Wanaka. Would be nice if I wasn't working.

12. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    I've got a west facing apartment with a lovely two story glass window as one of the walls, the rest are concret. It's like a hot box even with the windows wide open.
    Trick is not to open the windows when you have the aircon on silly.

13. Post
    mosquitos vs hot room

choice ****ing choices mate

14. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Some apartments and houses. Air con does jack all. Best to use a heat pump in that situation. (I'm trying to see if it's worth getting one for my house tbh as it's mostly 3 to 2 months of the year I'd end up using it and the rest is colder weather)

15. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    Some apartments and houses. Air con does jack all. Best to use a heat pump in that situation. (I'm trying to see if it's worth getting one for my house tbh as it's mostly 3 to 2 months of the year I'd end up using it and the rest is colder weather)
    they're the same thing.

16. Post
    Was a scorching 35c

17. Post
    Happy Heatwave Day

18. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Unless you have evaporative cooling, of course.

Was 42 degrees in Melb on Friday and I was moving house - almost died but that's okay.

19. Post
    Valeo wrote:
    Unless you have evaporative cooling, of course.
    tbh it sounds like he's in prison, concrete walls and like a hot box.

20. Post
    JRS wrote:
    they're the same thing.
    Not quite, I've got a HRV system. The person said since my house is pretty darned hot in all places and is smallish. In effect it wouldn't do jack having the summer program (Air con) But with a heat pump you actually got somewhere for the air to go.

21. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    yeah same mines worse though its a loft apartment, so the hot air rises and the loft area gets fn hot. I can however shut the curtains which stops a bit of the sun and turn on the heat pump.

And just walk around in minimal clothing.

22. Post
    Pretty warm in AKL. Aircon doing its job.

23. Post
    Spent 2 days working on my car in my mates workshop.
    We had to keep to doors closed to stop ****wits coming in expecting their vehicle to get repaired on a weekend/ public holiday.
    It got up to 46 in there yesterday, and I looked like I had gone for a swim fully clothed.

24. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    Not quite, I've got a HRV system. The person said since my house is pretty darned hot in all places and is smallish. In effect it wouldn't do jack having the summer program (Air con) But with a heat pump you actually got somewhere for the air to go.
    In NZ a heatpump and air conditioning are the same thing. They're both converting warm to cool air or vice versa.

Your HRV is just managing ventilation, right? It's not actively converting air temperature is it?

25. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    In NZ a heatpump and air conditioning are the same thing. They're both converting warm to cool air or vice versa.

Your HRV is just managing ventilation, right? It's not actively converting air temperature is it?
    HRV is originally a ventilation device to filter and move the air around - helps with allergens, dust etc but can also reduce humidity
    The heatpump will moderate the temperature and further reduce humidity

It's best to use both systems in combination for a home that is mold free, allergen/pollen/pet hair/ less dust free and is at the ideal living tempreture