1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Can't wait for next gen, it's always exciting when everyone launches their new systems

3. Post
    A home hub that isn't full of ****ing advertising.

4. Post
    So looks like they're going for the "budget" and higher end console at the same time. Makes sense.

5. Post
    I hope Xbox One 2 has some worthwhile exclusives on offer, that being said my TV shelf is getting pretty damn full

Right now it's got a PS4 PRO, PS PSVR, Switch ----> All the controllers and a Soundbar. Also running a 8 plug surge protected adapter and all the plugs are taken up, so fitting in another console will be tricky, but I'd still like to get the next xbox if they make it worth it

6. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    I hope Xbox One 2 has some worthwhile exclusives on offer, that being said my TV shelf is getting pretty damn full

Right now it's got a PS4 PRO, PS PSVR, Switch ----> All the controllers and a Soundbar. Also running a 8 plug surge protected adapter and all the plugs are taken up, so fitting in another console will be tricky, but I'd still like to get the next xbox if they make it worth it
    I got to much in my cabinet too lol had to do a modification to it to fit it all. Xbox one x, ps4 pro, switch, wii, 360 and ps4 plus sony muteki (which helps with giving you two additional hdmi ports)

7. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    All of the first party MS games will be on PC too. No need to care about their consoles.

EDIT: To clarify I'm addressing Sir Grim's personal situation specifically, since he has a powerful gaming PC. I'm not talking in general.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 19th December 2018 at 5:58 pm.

8. Post
    SirGrim wrote:

First World Problems eh bro

9. Post
    if MS can produce a 4k 60fps box for $799 at launch, im keen as beans

I mean tbh i paid near on $1550 for a 2080 so, clearly i'll buy anything

10. Post
    one_red_god wrote:
    if MS can produce a 4k 60fps box for $799 at launch, im keen as beans

I mean tbh i paid near on $1550 for a 2080 so, clearly i'll buy anything
    Those are rookie number, try doing $2799 for a 2080ti - that's this guy

I fully believe both Sony and MS consoles will be 4k 60fps machines

Nowhere near as good as a 2080 though - to achieve PC graphics I think the new consoles will need to run at 30fps, but I believe they will have the 60fps option with downgraded graphics

My own guess places the the new xbox and playstation roughly at about 60% the power of the 2080, maybe slightly more - defo good enough for native 4k 30fps high settings and maybe push 4k 60fps with medium/low settings or something in between like upscale 4k 60fps medium/high settings

If AMD can copy Nvidia's DLSS and put that in the consoles that would be huge for getting closer to that 4k 60fps target
    Last edited by SirGrim; 21st December 2018 at 5:59 pm.

11. Post
    my anaconda don't
    my anaconda don't
    my anaconda don't want none
    unless you got games, hon

(taken from Polygon on twitter lol)

12. Post
    To be honest I'm not sure who I will go with next. I prefer the Xbox controller and ui etc. Not to mention the way they treat their customers are just better from my own personal experience.

Buttt..... The games man although I play all multiplatform games on my one x I want stuff like God of war on my main console. So if Sony do a good looking and quiet machine I'll probably jump ship.

13. Post
    I bought a PS4 instead of an Xbox One precisely because of their initial plans for it to have no physical drive, and all the other BS such as always online et cetera. I will buy their new console as long as they don't try that crap again. But if it turns out they've learned nothing then I'll get a PS5.

14. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    my anaconda don't
    my anaconda don't
    my anaconda don't want none
    unless you got games, hon

(taken from Polygon on twitter lol)
    Quoting 90s rap is sexist now, didn't you know?
    Name:  Capturessssssssssssss.JPG
Views: 332
Size:  36.9 KB

SJWs always eat their own.

15. Post
    90s...

16. Post
    Kog wrote:
    90s...
    My thoughts exactly...

17. Post
    Political correctness is just a tool used by miserable people to call the fun police and censor other people's enjoyment of entertainment art. Misery loves company.

The only difference between now and 1970's-1990's is that it's far left intersectional activists doing the censoring rather than the largely Christian right.

18. Post
    It's more that that song came out in 2014

19. Post
    or did it

20. Post
    Sir Mix-a-Lot only said that line once, Hun

The outrage seems a bit unwarranted anyway

21. Post
    JC wrote:
    It's more that that song came out in 2014
    I had completely forgotten about the Nicki Manaj song sampling MC Mixalot. That just makes the take that the joke is sexist even more absurd, it quotes a song where a woman talks about controlling men with her body parts.

22. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Political correctness is just a tool used by miserable people to call the fun police and censor other people's enjoyment of entertainment art. Misery loves company.

The only difference between now and 1970's-1990's is that it's far left intersectional activists doing the censoring rather than the largely Christian right.
    Or you could ignore the nutcases instead of joining them.