Page 2 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

Consuming Cannabis ...

40 people have voted on this poll. You may not vote on this poll

... is a health issue (discuss)
20 50.00%
... is a criminal act (discuss)
3 7.50%
... is like smoking and should be discouraged (discuss)
5 12.50%
... could be done another way (discuss)
12 30.00%
  1. Post
    With ya

Will be interesting to see if anything does happen. By the time we get there, there should at least be some studies on the results from other countries.

2. Post
    Apparently teens don't want to smoke it so much when it's legal.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-...alization.html

3. Post
    Given I work among people in peer support networks and have readily seen the effects on those people who can't handle it. Cannabis is most definitely a health issue. When you've seen one too many people too far gone from one to many bongs you'll see it to...

Some people on the other hand would rather live in a bubble and promote only the health benefits (which can be achieved by other means than recreational use) rather than impacts when another kid has puffed one too many joints and they end up in the belly of all chambers in a hospital in the psych ED/ICU having psychosis related issues...

But that is a personal choice, and I won't be denying your right to fuk up your life.
    Last edited by Roumelio; 26th December 2018 at 9:42 pm.

4. Post
    If you abuse anything, it will kill you. Just look at obesity rates, or the alcohol admissions into ER each weekend. Just because people can abuse something, doesn't mean it should be illegal. Most people don't end up in hospital after a night of beersies, but some do. I was going to say most people won't die from obesity, but with the way trends are going, that may end up being wrong.

It's not living in a bubble, it's looking at the big picture.

If your opinion is based on illegal use of a legally available drug, then your theory is rather flawed. Ban alcohol as 14 year olds can illegally obtain it and abuse it. Education is the solution IMO.

I had all sorts of edibles while in USA, didn't even mess my life up, how odd.

5. Post
    I'm pretty sure you would note a pattern that my thing is mental health and it has been across most my posts in relation to anything to do with mental health. I could not care less (in this sense) as to whether marijuana is illegal... or in your comparison as above.

Some other drugs such as the harder stimulants than coffee, psychedelics and opiate/derivatives (for example not inclusively of everything) are illegal for good reason. They destroy the lives of near everyone who gets involved with them recreationally.

6. Post
    Roumelio wrote:
    I'm pretty sure you would note a pattern that my thing is mental health and it has been across most my posts in relation to anything to do with mental health. I could not care less (in this sense) as to whether marijuana is illegal... or in your comparison as above.

Some other drugs such as the harder stimulants than coffee, psychedelics and opiate/derivatives (for example not inclusively of everything) are illegal for good reason. They destroy the lives of near everyone who gets involved with them recreationally.
    Yeah nah. Psychedelics do not ruin the majority of life’s at all. Addiction is largely a genetic trait

7. Post
    NaCh0 wrote:
    Yeah nah. Psychedelics do not ruin the majority of life’s at all. Addiction is largely a genetic trait
    Actually a fair amount of this world can't handle psychedelics at all and if they're lucky thy end up with temporary psychosis. Some order of every 50 people or so can't handle drugs and are predisposed to mental health issues... So its one of the more common issues with regard to mental health that has a good correlation with substance abuse in general... You can correlate if not create a causation entirely that a large percentage of the psychiatric population either have in the past or are currently using drugs... Drug induced psychosis If you're also unlucky can be permanent. There are addictive personality disorders but to say its largely genetic is a stretch to say the least. HPPD is just one of the issues with psychedelic use among others.... Psychosis of the organic and inorganic persuasions is a more significant issue.

Giving random people psychedelics is perhaps not the best idea when mental health disorders are so prevalent in society. In a medium sized workplace environment you can pretty much guarantee that at least one person will have the tendency to be bat shit crazy. Given that the sample size is a bit random it could be more or less.

Drug users both past and present have the fairly common habit of under appreciating the effects of drug use.
    Last edited by Roumelio; 28th December 2018 at 6:06 pm.

8. Post
    NaCh0 wrote:
    Can’t tell if srs...

9. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    Can’t tell if srs...
    About what? Plenty of studies have shown addiction is 50% genetic

10. Post
    Lumping psychedelics in with opiates isn't great. Psychedelics aren't great if you're already a bit marginal mentally, but they're far from a life destroyer for most users. Inversely, there's a potential for great benefit for sufferers of many issues, including addiction and anxiety. Helps break pathological behavior and whatnot.

Opiates are another kettle of fish.

11. Post
    bradc wrote:
    Lumping psychedelics in with opiates isn't great. Psychedelics aren't great if you're already a bit marginal mentally, but they're far from a life destroyer for most users. Inversely, there's a potential for great benefit for sufferers of many issues, including addiction and anxiety. Helps break pathological behavior and whatnot.

Opiates are another kettle of fish.
    Its far from my greatest work... it is what it is... it statistically correlates to 1 in 50 people who will have some sort of mental health issue or in another in the global population. For every 50th person (taking into account the sheer random (bad) luck of being number 50) walking around in society drugs in general are probably not good for them.

I wanted to prove a point more than anything else with Nach0 as he has a propensity to underrate the danger.

12. Post
    Roumelio wrote:
    Its far from my greatest work... it is what it is... it statistically correlates to 1 in 50 people who will have some sort of mental health issue or in another in the global population. For every 50th person (taking into account the sheer random (bad) luck of being number 50) walking around in society drugs in general are probably not good for them.

I wanted to prove a point more than anything else with Nach0 as he has a propensity to underrate the danger.
    you literally said most people who do pyschadelics recreationally will have it end badly now its 1 in 50?

13. Post
    NaCh0 wrote:
    you literally said most people who do pyschadelics recreationally will have it end badly now its 1 in 50?
    The actual figure for lifetime incidence of mental health issues is 1 in 50. That's a whole lot of people regardless of what your name is or where you come from. If you put those odds on any other health condition alarm bells would be ringing worldwide. Anyway, indiscriminately giving psychedelics to random people as it is now is not good.

14. Post
    Roumelio wrote:
    The actual figure for lifetime incidence of mental health issues is 1 in 50. That's a whole lot of people regardless of what your name is or where you come from. If you put those odds on any other health condition alarm bells would be ringing worldwide. Anyway, indiscriminately giving psychedelics to random people as it is now is not good.
    because why? 1 in 50 people MIGHT have a bad trip. Do you think because they become legal the use will go up a considerable amount?

do wanna mention that psychadelics truffles have been available in amsterdam for a while too just like weed.

15. Post
    NaCh0 wrote:
    because why? 1 in 50 people MIGHT have a bad trip. Do you think because they become legal the use will go up a considerable amount?
    We haven't crossed that bridge just yet... dunno though... Most psychonauts have the belief that a bad trip is nothing special and the person will just get over it... Dunno if you've ever done a lap of a psych ward to see how fun delusional psychosis is when people are walking around in some fantasy land pretending to be god, or whatever...

Maybe I've just become biased because I see these people regularly in supporting others with mental health issues.

16. Post
    Roumelio wrote:
    We haven't crossed that bridge just yet... dunno though... Most psychonauts have the belief that a bad trip is nothing special and the person will just get over it... Dunno if you've ever done a lap of a psych ward to see how fun delusional psychosis is when people are walking around in some fantasy land pretending to be god, or whatever...

Maybe I've just become biased because I see these people regularly in supporting others with mental health issues.
    I mean its like weed if you have a family history of schizophrenia or servere mental illness in general then stay away. Look im not of those people who is all 'bro psychadelics teach you life' or bad trips are good for learning or the whole spiritual bs. I wouldn't be selling it like weed in the states either, it would require licenses and all that.

i understand psychadelics arent risk free but they are quite safe overall. Its like legalising horse riding or something.

17. Post
    If we're gonna talk about legalising psychedelics I'd tend to think you'd want to have a huge lists of caveats with it. It's not something the uninitiated can just walk into like weed where usually if there is sign of people being mentally disturbed its a progressive thing before people go full on batshit crazy. Anyway... we're way off topic by now and I don't feel like continuing down this line of discussion.
    Last edited by Roumelio; 28th December 2018 at 11:49 pm.

18. Post
    1 in 50 is a ridiculously low estimate of lifetime mental health issues, I'd have thought more like one in 3 or 4. Not sure how that relates to psychadelics at all though.

19. Post
    bradc wrote:
    1 in 50 is a ridiculously low estimate of lifetime mental health issues, I'd have thought more like one in 3 or 4. Not sure how that relates to psychadelics at all though.
    I think he means the more severe ones like schizophrenia, bipolar etc not your depression or anxiety

20. Post
    In that case I would've thought consumption of psychadelics would have a negligible impact on the demographic.

21. Post
    I'd post it if I had it on hand but there's a harm vs drug and lsd and shrooms are basically inconsequential

22. Post
    Yeah sounds more like a "I was totally sane till I had some schrooms" hard luck story.

23. Post
    Thats fine... I did say correlation not causation. The problem often with an episode of drug induced psychosis is that you don't know you're too far gone until you're too far gone.

24. Post
    I had shrooms once. Totally insane experience. Definitely not for anyone with underlying mental issues. Not sure they're fit for anyone tbh

25. Post
    ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    I'd post it if I had it on hand but there's a harm vs drug and lsd and shrooms are basically inconsequential
    If anyone is interested: