Black Emblem?

25 people have voted on this poll. You may not vote on this poll

Yeah
12 48.00%
Yeah Na
13 52.00%
  1. Question

Black emblems on a Black car, Yeah or Yeah Na

Black car, do you think black emblems looks nice?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG01219-20111009-1718.jpg 
Views:	402 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	224388

2. Post
    Had silver emblems on my Mitsi, painted them red

EDIT : Black and Gold!

3. Post
    Looks better with the silver emblem imo, but the black grille with no emblem could look very nice.

4. Post
    Depends on the car for me. Mercedes look ok being a nice clear logo but still prefer silver myself.

Seen a number of Nissans like 350gt\Teena\Primera with full black front and rear badging and it looks someone just spray painted over them at the factory, ghetto af.

5. Post
    I generally like the matt badging look on black cars. If it's a merc like pictured then yup

6. Post
    I think it looks bad on some cars and terrible on others.

Personally I think partial debadgeing works best on most cars. I.e. on a Mercedes remove the C320 and any trim designations (how dorky is 'Avantgarde' but leave the logo.

7. Post
    Debadging looks good on some cars and cheap on others.

8. Post
    Black emblem nah.

Blacking out the car is another thing. I generally prefer not blacked out especially if it's plastidip. Plastidip looks shit.

Currently blacking out my car as my refurbish wheels came out much blacker than expected.

9. Post
    Not a fan of blacked out badges personally, the above Merc looks good though.

10. Post
    that merc would look better if the just the mrecedes emblem was silver and that stupid badge on the bonnet is was gone. my sense of taste is absolute.

11. Post
    All this crap about blacking out grills to look 'sporty'. Cheaper models in some ranges have black grills. Chrome grills look more classy and are usually on the more upmarket models. Why cheapen the look with black grills - SMH

12. Post
    KiwiTT wrote:
    All this crap about blacking out grills to look 'sporty'. Cheaper models in some ranges have black grills. Chrome grills look more classy and are usually on the more upmarket models. Why cheapen the look with black grills - SMH
    Who was saying sporty?
    Heard of the term 'sleeper'?

13. Post
    I quite like it myself. Cleaner and meaner looking (even if it’s just shitty plastidip).

14. Post
    blacking out cars is overplayed now that every generic golf/tradey ute does it.

15. Post
    AstoriaParanoia wrote:
    Who was saying sporty?
    Heard of the term 'sleeper'?
    Blacked out is at complete odds with sleeper.

16. Post
    stock is best with sleeper. chrome grill all day.

17. Post
    Coffeeshop wrote:
    blacking out cars is overplayed now that every generic golf/tradey ute does it.
    Fair comment.

18. Post
    GorGasm wrote:
    Black emblem nah.

Blacking out the car is another thing. I generally prefer not blacked out especially if it's plastidip. Plastidip looks shit.

Currently blacking out my car as my refurbish wheels came out much blacker than expected.
    I was wondering about getting my wheels refurbished. Wasn't actually sure if it was a thing. My black wheels are tired and faded looking. Where do you get it done? Just a panel beater/painter?

19. Post
    I got mine done at Wheelfixit in Wairau Park. Cost depends on what you want/need done, they have indicative costs on their website.

They did a good job apart from not quite understanding the paint colour I really wanted to get.

20. Post
    not gonna make another thread

thoughts? kinda prefer the silver but mates are saying it looks better with the black plastidip

ignore the silver badge on the right, i did that black too.

21. Post
    ^ I like it *shrug*

22. Post
    Looks good to me.

23. Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	toryKrX.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	205.4 KB 
ID:	224580

Attached Images

24. Post
    Nothing looks good in black plasti-dip

25. Post
    nothing wrong with plasti-dip when applied correctly m8, my wheels looks very nice outside in the sun.

50/50 reaction so far, im leaning on the "go back to default" side though.

edit: took them off, shined the original silver badges, looks great.
    Last edited by Rekuja; 10th January 2019 at 2:59 pm.