Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    Triple_S wrote:
    Agreed. There are so many out there now, i'd say to buy one locally so you can see it. Even if you get it inspected or someone else to view it, you never know if it will be up to your own standards.

That one in the link has yellowing headlights and a dent in front of the passengers rear wheel, but its hard to see more from shitty low res photos taken in the wet.

Also, i'd buy a facelift one personally Nicer interior and exterior than PFL.
    It also looks like the passenger front door is a completely different colour to the rear of the car.

2. Post
    Not sure if it's the front or rear but you're right, one of them is off a shade

3. Post
    It seems that silver is one of the hardest colours to match up correctly for panelbeaters.
    You see so many of them that are off.

4. Post
    I guess maybe there's a reason that one's so cheap! I was hoping that it was just potato camera making the car look a bit off as they'd stated in the email that the only cosmetic defects were some very mild scratches. I'll still take a look at it, but I'm a bit less hopeful now.

5. Post
    A lot of people don't seem to notice colour differences in vehicles, or maybe it is just the camera/ light conditions.

6. Post
    Galent wrote:
    Loving my wagon. Glad I bought a NZ new one as the interior seems nicer and it comes with 8 airbags as opposed to the JDM one that only had 2 for some reason.

The McIntosh stereo is also really good, I was quite surprised.

Odd, mine has airbags for africa in it. 2004 JDM

7. Post
    Konev wrote:
    Odd, mine has airbags for africa in it. 2004 JDM
    Oh really? My mistake, every other one I looked at didn't so I just assumed it was all JDM ones.

8. Post
    It only has 8 if you do the dealer thing and count each label - there are actually 6 like pretty much every car from that era (some VWs did indeed have 8 which is magically12 in dealer speak)

9. Post
    just had a look out of curiosity and there is only 1x 4th gen B4 3.0R in manual (sedan) for sale $7k!
    other than a special edition STI one listed for 30k in gore lol

10. Post
    That Gore one the S401 that they have had for months?

11. Post
    Missed out on the cheap ugly wheels one, so I'm still looking. There are a few around for 6k - 7k, but I was hoping to spend a little less (between 5k and 6k). Might just have to wait and see what else pops up.

12. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    That Gore one the S401 that they have had for months?
    S402, later model.

The S401 they have would be a decent deal, if you didnt have to get it under SIV and own it for 4 years.

13. Post
    Triple_S wrote:
    S402, later model.

The S401 they have would be a decent deal, if you didnt have to get it under SIV and own it for 4 years.
    That's right - someone suggested that in the thread i started about new vehicle suggestions (might have been you). Loved the look of it, but $30K was too rich for me. $22K for what i ended up with was a much easier sum to part with!

14. Post
    After looking at a few, I decided to pull the trigger on a 2006 Spec B Legacy Wagon for $6k.
    It's NZ new with only 1 owner for the life of the vehicle, done 125,000kms, and is very tidy cosmetically inside and out. The only issue is that the fabric around the sunroof has started to come apart a bit. Nothing a bit of adhesive won't fix.
    It seems pretty well optioned, with tow bar, sunroof, McIntish stereo, factory bilstein suspension. Very happy with it.
    Thanks for all the help guys, appreciate the feedback and guidance.

I'll throw up some pictures after a wash and wax.

15. Post
    Here are some pics.
    It's got these weird foam things attached to the corners of the bumpers, which I assume are to protect the paintwork. They look removable, but they've probably been there for the life of the car so the paint might be a different shade underneath. They don't look too bad so I'll probably leave them there.
    The rims are Subaru ones, but they don't look like any that I've seen standard on these cars. The previous owner said they came one the car when he bought it new, so maybe the NZ new cars had different options than the JDM ones?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190204_101706.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	367.5 KB 
ID:	224958

Name:	IMG_20190204_101722.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	373.3 KB 
ID:	224959

Name:	IMG_20190204_101646.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	316.0 KB 
ID:	224960

16. Post
    My NZ new one didn't have that. Maybe it was a dealer fit option.

17. Post
    Aftermarket wheels but Subaru center caps it looks like. Nice wagon man

18. Post
    I’ve seen that S402 in Gore at a customers place on the lift.

Bloody cool car but uhh maybe not 30k cool yet

19. Post
    antil33t wrote:
    I’ve seen that S402 in Gore at a customers place on the lift.

Bloody cool car but uhh maybe not 30k cool yet
    I liked it, and i like Subaru's but i could not justify that coin.