Subnautica

Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
(8 votes)

1. Post
    $40 on Xbox is it worth it?

2. Post
    Yeah I reckon if you like the slow pace explorer type games with survival elements and the occasional terrifying moment it would definitely be worth it.

3. Post
    Worth it, I say.
    To anyone starting out, some advice: there are a few urgent messages implying time limits before things happen in the story. Don't worry about these, you can take as long as you need. The only time I recommend paying attention is when a timer appears on the screen. You should plan to be at the location given when the timer expires.

4. Post
    ludez wrote:
    $40 on Xbox is it worth it?
    tbh don't think its your type of game bro. It's totally different & way slower than all those fast paced shooters you like.

Having said that it's not usually my type of game either but I'm loving it so I might be wrong.

Caffeine wrote:
    You should plan to be at the location given when the timer expires.
    Yeah I was nowhere near that location at that time which may be another reason my progress has been slower than yours.

5. Post
    Just finished this after ~90 hours. Awesome game. Loved every minute of it. Best free game ever lol. Got a bit stressful on the last couple of areas though lol. Still amazed Caffeine managed to finish it in 38 hours but I think I dicked around too much plus my shitty sense of direction got me lost on too many occasions lol

6. Post
    Is it multiplayer yet?

7. Post
    masscreation wrote:
    Is it multiplayer yet?
    Nah not officially but there is a mod that adds MP. I haven't tried it yet though.

https://www.nexusmods.com/subnautica/mods/159

8. Post
    masscreation wrote:
    Is it multiplayer yet?
    Hopefully it never will be. It's perfect how it is. I would prefer their devs focus on a new title than waste time on yet another MP survival game. They're cancer.

9. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Hopefully it never will be. It's perfect how it is. I would prefer their devs focus on a new title than waste time on yet another MP survival game. They're cancer.
    I think PVE would be all good but a big hell no to PVP. Would be cool having a group of mates working together to create a massive base or even a city lol.

10. Post
    Yeah my partner and I would love a PvE only multiplayer version of Subnautica. Been looking for a survival game to play with together, but they almost all include inescapable pvp, and/or are in early access so I don't trust them. We tried Don't Starve Together but neither of us enjoyed the art style. Been enjoying Raft, but I'm not sure that has a ton of depth right now.

I can understand the devs reasons for not implementing multiplayer though, so I guess we'll keep looking for that perfect survival game for us to play heh.

11. Post
    ^try out The Forest. That was fun playing with my bro and mate. Funny at times, creepy at others and fun exploring caves and building cool forts etc.

12. Post
    Was just about to mention the Forest. Played it through recently co-op with a mate as well.

Following that Subnautica mod with interest. Would enjoy that with the same friend, we have both played it through single so would be fun multi.

13. Post
    The Forest looks pretty cool. I'll probably grab next time it's on sale.

Regarding the MP mod it still seems really buggy at this stage so will hold off a while until its in a better state.

14. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Sorry couldn't find any other dedicated threads on this game so thought I'd start one. I'm usually not a fan of survival games but I thought I'd try this game since it's free atm. I've played this for about 25 hrs over the last 4 days & I'm hooked now lol.

I'm still relatively a noob & wondering if anyone else has played this a lot & has some tips & tricks to share. I've watched some YT vids but would be good to your guys ideas.

I have all the basics and have built a small base & a seamoth but thats about it. I'm keen to find all the parts to the cyclops but its a bit of a mission lol. I want to build a bigger base but not sure of the best location.

cheers
    Late to the party - but build a scanner room, use it to find wrecks. Also, go deeper.

15. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Sorry couldn't find any other dedicated threads on this game so thought I'd start one. I'm usually not a fan of survival games but I thought I'd try this game since it's free atm. I've played this for about 25 hrs over the last 4 days & I'm hooked now lol.

I'm still relatively a noob & wondering if anyone else has played this a lot & has some tips & tricks to share. I've watched some YT vids but would be good to your guys ideas.

I have all the basics and have built a small base & a seamoth but thats about it. I'm keen to find all the parts to the cyclops but its a bit of a mission lol. I want to build a bigger base but not sure of the best location.

cheers
    Late to the party - but build a scanner room, use it to find wrecks. Don't be afraid to deconstruct and relocate your base, you get all the materials back.

I bought Subnautica very early in early access because I wanted to support Unknown Worlds (I loved NS2 heaps) - installed it again after it released and loved it. First game I've played to completion in a long time. Can't wait for Below Zero.

This is, IMO, the best survival game I've ever encounted, The Long Dark is also good, but nothing on how Subnautica integrates story and survival. Plus, you can't beat Spidermanning your way around the seabed in a Prawn Suit.

16. Post
    Edward Diego wrote:
    Late to the party - but build a scanner room, use it to find wrecks. Don't be afraid to deconstruct and relocate your base, you get all the materials back.

I bought Subnautica very early in early access because I wanted to support Unknown Worlds (I loved NS2 heaps) - installed it again after it released and loved it. First game I've played to completion in a long time. Can't wait for Below Zero.

This is, IMO, the best survival game I've ever encounted, The Long Dark is also good, but nothing on how Subnautica integrates story and survival. Plus, you can't beat Spidermanning your way around the seabed in a Prawn Suit.
    Yep a bit late lol. I already finished it a couple of weeks ago. I def agree with the scanner room & also getting the HUD upgrade makes a big difference. The only survival game that I've actually enjoyed & havent given up on after a few hrs. Def looking forward to Below Zero

17. Post
    I started watching a "first 15 minutes" playthrough of Below Zero... and stopped after 1 minute. I realised a big part of the fun is discovery, so watching someone else do it first kinda ruins it. Really looking forward to it though, will need to find another way of figuring out when it's time to dive in.

I liked the honest description on Epic Games Store:
    Below Zero is full of bugs, runs poorly, and includes only a small portion of our planned features.

18. Post
    Yeah its definitely better discovering everything for yourself. I'm not sure if I want to get it straight away or wait until the full release.

19. Post
    I hope they add some types of multiplayer in the future my dad enjoys this game i would love to play it with him.

20. Post
    masscreation wrote:
    I hope they add some types of multiplayer in the future my dad enjoys this game i would love to play it with him.
    They have said multiple times that while they would have liked coop play they would have to rewrite much of the game so it's not on their list of things to do.
    https://forums.unknownworlds.com/dis...-im-afraid-not

There is however this mod in the works https://www.nexusmods.com/subnautica/mods/159

21. Post
    Hmmm might hold off a bit...

22. Post
    Enjoyed playing this game for a bit.

A real WTF moment when I got attacked and eaten by a Reaper Leviathan.

This is why I get anxious swimming in deep water

23. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Hmmm might hold off a bit...

Ignore that brainless twat. The fact that people give that muppet any credit at all is a persistent mystery to me.

24. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Ignore that brainless twat. The fact that people give that muppet any credit at all is a persistent mystery to me.
    That's a matter of opinion. 9 times out of 10 I agree with his points. His negative review of Witcher 3 being the only big exception

25. Post
    Indeed it is, but in my case its not just his opinion I take issue with, its the brainless ****wittery in his presentation and moronic commentary. He likes a lot of the same things I do. He's still a prime example of bottom-rung overwrought YouTube "reviewers".
    His critique is so ****ing superficial. He also thought Hatred was a great game.

I am not a violent person, but his voice makes me want to punch him in the face. Over and over and over and over.