Subnautica

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)
Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    $40 on Xbox is it worth it?

2. Post
    Yeah I reckon if you like the slow pace explorer type games with survival elements and the occasional terrifying moment it would definitely be worth it.

3. Post
    Worth it, I say.
    To anyone starting out, some advice: there are a few urgent messages implying time limits before things happen in the story. Don't worry about these, you can take as long as you need. The only time I recommend paying attention is when a timer appears on the screen. You should plan to be at the location given when the timer expires.

4. Post
    ludez wrote:
    $40 on Xbox is it worth it?
    tbh don't think its your type of game bro. It's totally different & way slower than all those fast paced shooters you like.

Having said that it's not usually my type of game either but I'm loving it so I might be wrong.

Caffeine wrote:
    You should plan to be at the location given when the timer expires.
    Yeah I was nowhere near that location at that time which may be another reason my progress has been slower than yours.

5. Post
    Just finished this after ~90 hours. Awesome game. Loved every minute of it. Best free game ever lol. Got a bit stressful on the last couple of areas though lol. Still amazed Caffeine managed to finish it in 38 hours but I think I dicked around too much plus my shitty sense of direction got me lost on too many occasions lol

6. Post
    Is it multiplayer yet?

7. Post
    masscreation wrote:
    Is it multiplayer yet?
    Nah not officially but there is a mod that adds MP. I haven't tried it yet though.

https://www.nexusmods.com/subnautica/mods/159

8. Post
    masscreation wrote:
    Is it multiplayer yet?
    Hopefully it never will be. It's perfect how it is. I would prefer their devs focus on a new title than waste time on yet another MP survival game. They're cancer.

9. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    Hopefully it never will be. It's perfect how it is. I would prefer their devs focus on a new title than waste time on yet another MP survival game. They're cancer.
    I think PVE would be all good but a big hell no to PVP. Would be cool having a group of mates working together to create a massive base or even a city lol.

10. Post
    Yeah my partner and I would love a PvE only multiplayer version of Subnautica. Been looking for a survival game to play with together, but they almost all include inescapable pvp, and/or are in early access so I don't trust them. We tried Don't Starve Together but neither of us enjoyed the art style. Been enjoying Raft, but I'm not sure that has a ton of depth right now.

I can understand the devs reasons for not implementing multiplayer though, so I guess we'll keep looking for that perfect survival game for us to play heh.

11. Post
    ^try out The Forest. That was fun playing with my bro and mate. Funny at times, creepy at others and fun exploring caves and building cool forts etc.

12. Post
    Was just about to mention the Forest. Played it through recently co-op with a mate as well.

Following that Subnautica mod with interest. Would enjoy that with the same friend, we have both played it through single so would be fun multi.

13. Post
    The Forest looks pretty cool. I'll probably grab next time it's on sale.

Regarding the MP mod it still seems really buggy at this stage so will hold off a while until its in a better state.