1. Post

Someone signed up to Spotify using my email?

I just got an email saying I had subscribed to Spotify.

I didn't subscribe to Spotify.

Typical phishing email you would think but I dug a bit deeper and the email is actually legitimate.

I went to Spotify and managed to reset the account password via email.

So... Spotify doesn't verify email addresses? You can just create a Spotify account using anybody's email?

This account has a credit card attached. It isn't my credit card.

I'm not going to do anything with it I just wanted to stop my email being used by someone else but that is f*cked up.

2. Post
    1. change password
    2. ??
    3. profit

3. Post
    Prob acc with stolen credit card that was sold on ebay for cheap

4. Post
    It's 99c for 3 months currently, they probably just got their email wrong. I used to get emails all the time for someone in aussie, job emails and all sorts. Told the first few wrong email but in the end just deleted them when they came in.

5. Post
    They got your spotify login and added someone elses' credit card info to it. They then sell this on the blackmarket for $1-3.

Change your dets asap and notify spotify support of the unauthorized access.

6. Post
    brand wrote:
    I just got an email saying I had subscribed to Spotify.

I didn't subscribe to Spotify.

Typical phishing email you would think but I dug a bit deeper and the email is actually legitimate.

I went to Spotify and managed to reset the account password via email.

So... Spotify doesn't verify email addresses? You can just create a Spotify account using anybody's email?

This account has a credit card attached. It isn't my credit card.

I'm not going to do anything with it I just wanted to stop my email being used by someone else but that is f*cked up.
    There is a couple of ways to sign up to spotify from what I remember. Change your email password as well just in case.

7. Post
    I got the 4K Netflix for a few months when some dondelinger who thinks @hotmail is the same as @gmail signed up. I did a password change and added 2FA, logged all other devices out. Eventually I guess he cancelled it via CC or rang Netflix.. Dumbass

8. Post
    Yeah I get kids ordering art supplies for their school projects and BR signing up for paypal and bank accounts