1. Post
    I disagree with your diet choices. Please eat more of the things I like.

2. Post
    w0lfbrains wrote:
    let's all tell each other what to eat instead of just worrying about your own ****in' diet.
    Well according to the Ministry of Health these vego hippies are putting stress on the healthcare system and costing the taxpayers!

3. Post
    Huh.
    DHB chief medical officer Dr Gary Hopgood said there's no clear reason for the increase.
    It would be hard to pinpoint one reason for an increase in hospitalisations, New Zealand Society of Gastroenterology chair Michael Schultz said.

4. Post
    I eat meat but I had an iron transfusion once. Also I have to get a blood test and hopefully it shows low iron so I can get another one because I am fatigued to **** and it's like the one 'fix' for fatigue.

Sorry guys.

5. Post
    ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    2) plenty of female omnivores get IDA
    ((citation required))

6. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    I eat meat but I had an iron transfusion once. Also I have to get a blood test and hopefully it shows low iron so I can get another one because I am fatigued to **** and it's like the one 'fix' for fatigue.

Sorry guys.
    Do you eat much food that is rich in vitamin C? If your C intake is low you have less chance of absorbing iron.

7. Post
    Mutton wrote:
    Huh.
    and the same guy (Schultz) says the first thing he looks at is their diet... and if they're a vegetarian.

"When I get referred a [younger] person with iron deficiency anaemia, the first thing I'm going into is diet.

"So has this patient suddenly started to become a vegetarian and is not eating red meat or any kind of bi-products that could replace the iron?
    If you're not going to read the whole article you shouldn't be quoting it young man.

8. Post
    As one factor, but again there's "no clear reason". Well read.

9. Post
    This bottle, of Stevens, awakens ancient feelings

10. Post
    Jumping straight to veganism is an extreme option. Another option that would still have some benefit is eating clean food half of the time. Then think about 80% later.

11. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Well according to the Ministry of Health these vego hippies are putting stress on the healthcare system and costing the taxpayers!
    How much are all the burger chowing totes healthy people with >35 BMI costing us

12. Post
    bradc wrote:
    This bottle, of Stevens, awakens ancient feelings
    Say it ain’t so oh oo oh woow

13. Post
    jdz wrote:
    PS Bacon is so overrated
    you better watch yourself boy, I tolerate you, but don't overstep

14. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    Do you eat much food that is rich in vitamin C? If your C intake is low you have less chance of absorbing iron.
    I think I have problems in general with absorbing nutrients but thanks I'll look into it.

15. Post

16. Post
    Thunderstorm wrote:
    grats on having expensive urine

17. Post
    meh, everything kills you, might as well enjoy life

18. Post
    HibikiAmawa wrote:
    meh, everything kills you, might as well enjoy life
    Fantastic reasoning, going to drink a bottle of vodka now because of this post.

19. Post
    ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    How much are all the burger chowing totes healthy people with >35 BMI costing us
    Less than the tobacco smokers? or soon to be weed connoisseurs amirite

20. Post
    Lethargic wrote:
    Less than the tobacco smokers? or soon to be weed connoisseurs amirite
    Tbh obesity is probably a greater burden on the health system than smoking due to numbers, though I've not looked it up.

But anyway, apparently this is about diet rather than drugs

21. Post
    Smokers pay a lot of tax and then die before aged care is required.

22. Post
    ClavulanateV2 wrote:
    Tbh obesity is probably a greater burden on the health system than smoking due to numbers, though I've not looked it up.

But anyway, apparently this is about diet rather than drugs
    Right,

Can you hook me up on some dietary advice? Like you jam three meals a day, or go full optimised athletic spec and do the small portions multiple times throughout the day

and as a vegan(?), how often do you eat meat and what sorta meals do you make?

Mutton wrote:
    Yeah, these days they pretty much pay for their mortality.

23. Post
    Lethargic wrote:
    Right,

Can you hook me up on some dietary advice? Like you jam three meals a day, or go full optimised athletic spec and do the small portions multiple times throughout the day

and as a vegan(?), how often do you eat meat and what sorta meals do you make?

Yeah, these days they pretty much pay for their mortality.
    Not really qualified to give dietary advice.... just try different things and see what works for you.... being vegan is what worked for me and there's a lot of good data supporting vegeterian/vegan diets to suggest they are good for health which is nice.

I don't eat meat at all.... when I first switched I'd eat a lambs liver and kidneys once a month to boost iron and B12 but I stopped doing that a long time ago and haven't had any problems, only supplement I take is B12 once a week or so (if that).

When I'm motivated I prefer to intermittently fast as well and I go by a 16:8 ratio if I can meaning I have an 8 hour eating window and 16 hours of fasting and it's generally 2 meals divided into whatever my calorie goals are for that moment in time.

As far as meals go... I cook heaps of stir fries because I'm lazy but for example last night I did a creamy "chicken" mushroom and pasta dinner which was ****ing awesome.... and tomorrow I'm going to cook a spaghetti bolognaise.... I eat heaps of tofu though, it's super versatile if you learn how to cook it properly.... but if you ever need inspiration there's places like reddit.com/r/vegangifrecipes

- - - Updated - - -

Mutton wrote:
    A lot of tax which is spend on themselves but they're still a massive burden on the healthcare system

24. Post
    Soldier_Five wrote:
    you better watch yourself boy, I tolerate you, but don't overstep
    I will not!
    Even when I ate meat, I never liked bacon. A good quality steak though... That's a whole different story.

25. Post
    jdz wrote:
    I will not!
    Even when I ate meat, I never liked bacon. A good quality steak though... That's a whole different story.
    Nothing beats lamb chops imo