1. Post

Frontlog

Rolling into 2019, I'm looking at what's coming (PS4 + Switch) VS what I've already purchased during sales in the past and I start to feel backlog anxiety. I've uninstalled games I've barely touched while setting aside money for new ones.

Not a new years resolution as such, but I've decided to try and get end credits on a bunch of games. Problem is there are so many in my backlog that I'm juggling 3 or 4 in my frontlog (that's a thing, right?)

My frontlog is currently:

PS4:
    Tales of Berseria (recently purchased, now my #1 jam)
    The Persistence (PSVR rogue-lite)
    Destiny 2 (occasional raid nights)

Switch:
    Dark Souls (finished this on ps3 many years ago, I rely too much on co-op to ever really git gud, and Im keen to check out the DLC stuff included)
    YS VIII (not really digging this one, just chugging through to finish it)
    Everspace (probably my favorite rogue-lite right now)
    20XX (awesome rogue-lite but hard / frustrating platforming sections)
    Smash (love the game, but it's taken a back seat while I work on the other games really)

Listing my backlog is a whole-nother thread and I'd imagine for people that have steam accounts it'd get into the hundreds!!

So that's a lot of chopping and changing. I feel like some games I'd improve at like Dark Souls, Smash, DragonBall Fighterz, BlazBlue CTB or 20XX if I dedicated time to them but I think the vast number of impulse buys, sales and backlog have ruined my attention span.

Then I start to quantify time spent in each game: if I bought X on sale and love the game, but Y was full price and not enjoying it so much, what is more sensible to play? If I finished Dark Souls already on PS3 why am I rushing to finish on Switch?

Am I the only one juggling this many games? Or are you more disciplined to only buy what you need, or focus on one game at a time?

2. Post
    You're not the only one:

PS4

Tales of Zestiria
    Onrush (mopping up some trophies)
    FFXII
    GT Sport (my main jam)

PS3

Tales of Xillia (newgame+)

PC

Project Cars
    Rogue Trooper Redux

Hmmm, maybe I should do a better job of focusing on one game at a time. I thought I'd done a good job of not buying many games over the holidays, but I still ended up buying Tales of Berseria (great deal) and Dragon Quest Heroes 2 for PS4 and four games on Steam. That puts my backlog up to "more games than I could ever realistically play, plus six."

3. Post
    I'm pretty strict with my purchases. I usually pick up only 1 or 2 games and that's it til the next game. However I've given Smash a break as it's meant to be a MP sorta game not a SP game.

4. Post
    You've never played the Dark Souls DLC? Boy you are in trouble I tell you what

5. Post
    w0lfbrains wrote:
    You've never played the Dark Souls DLC? Boy you are in trouble I tell you what
    Finished then sold the game on PS3 before the DLC came out (I think anyway) so in Remastered, DLC was the main drawcard for me, other than just really wanting to play the game through again. And yeah I've unlocked the first(?) new area in Sanctuary Garden. Nope-d straight the **** back to the bonfire. Sanctuary Guardian has zero chill.

6. Post
    Trying to jam all the Kingdom hearts games in the lead up to KH3. Problem is, the more games you play, the more confusing some of the plot gets.

Also, calling it Kingdom Hearts 3 is a bit of false advertising. It's like the 12th game in the series.

7. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    Trying to jam all the Kingdom hearts games in the lead up to KH3. Problem is, the more games you play, the more confusing some of the plot gets.

Also, calling it Kingdom Hearts 3 is a bit of false advertising. It's like the 12th game in the series.
    I've just started KH (having never played any of the games), got a long way to go

8. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    Finished then sold the game on PS3 before the DLC came out (I think anyway) so in Remastered, DLC was the main drawcard for me, other than just really wanting to play the game through again. And yeah I've unlocked the first(?) new area in Sanctuary Garden. Nope-d straight the **** back to the bonfire. Sanctuary Guardian has zero chill.
    man get back at it, the DLC for Dark Souls was easily the part of the game i enjoyed the most.

if our front log is all the games we've started and planning to complete before starting new ones, then i really need to figure out how to get it down to one or two games on the go rather then many...

PS4
    Dragon Quest XI (very nearly done i'm pretty sure already at 120hours in atm)
    Red Dead Redemption 2 (if i'll ever get back to it)
    Persona 5
    World of Final Fantasy
    Battlechasers Nightwar
    SpiderMan DLC (dunno if i will get round to this tbh)
    Elder Scrolls Skyrim
    Grand Kingdom
    Final Fantasy X/X-2
    Star Ocean 5
    Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands
    Final Fantasy XV DLC

PSVita
    Criminal Girls
    all the Hyperdimension Neptunia games
    Persona 4 Golden
    Mind=0

Switch
    Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu

3DS
    DragonBall Fusions

Steam/PC
    way too many to list, i should really stop buying games on this platform until i get the in progress/backlog under control
    also while still playing;
    World of Warcraft
    Final Fantasy XIV
    Warframe

9. Post
    Frontlog, eh? Why do I think of camel toe? Anyway, currently playing PoE2 Deadfire and Euro Truck Sim 2. Contemplating an evil play through of RDR2 but not sure I can motivate myself enough.

10. Post
    PC:
    Assassin's Creed: Odyssey DLCs (whenever they're released.)
    Assassin's Creed: Origins
    Far Cry: New Dawn
    The Outer Worlds
    Cyberpunk 2077
    South Park: The Fractured but Whole
    Catherine Classic (maybe)

Switch:
    Valkyria Chronicles 4
    The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Yeah nah, f*ck that boring, anti-fun game!
    Persona 5 R
    Catherine: Full Body

Soyny CensorStation 4:
    Spider-man (maybe)

11. Post
    I'm playing Path of Exile for the first time. Man what a great game.

Other than that it's just catching up in Guild Wars 2 before the next update this month and Magic Arena. I haven't touched Warframe since the Fortuna update so I guess that's on the list. I don't really bother with many new games these days, just cycle through ones that get content updates.

12. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    Sanctuary Guardian has zero chill.
    Beat him and come back to the area later

13. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    Rolling into 2019, I'm looking at what's coming (PS4 + Switch) VS what I've already purchased during sales in the past and I start to feel backlog anxiety. I've uninstalled games I've barely touched while setting aside money for new ones.

Not a new years resolution as such, but I've decided to try and get end credits on a bunch of games. Problem is there are so many in my backlog that I'm juggling 3 or 4 in my frontlog (that's a thing, right?)

My frontlog is currently:

PS4:
    Tales of Berseria (recently purchased, now my #1 jam)
    The Persistence (PSVR rogue-lite)
    Destiny 2 (occasional raid nights)

Switch:
    Dark Souls (finished this on ps3 many years ago, I rely too much on co-op to ever really git gud, and Im keen to check out the DLC stuff included)
    YS VIII (not really digging this one, just chugging through to finish it)
    Everspace (probably my favorite rogue-lite right now)
    20XX (awesome rogue-lite but hard / frustrating platforming sections)
    Smash (love the game, but it's taken a back seat while I work on the other games really)

Listing my backlog is a whole-nother thread and I'd imagine for people that have steam accounts it'd get into the hundreds!!

So that's a lot of chopping and changing. I feel like some games I'd improve at like Dark Souls, Smash, DragonBall Fighterz, BlazBlue CTB or 20XX if I dedicated time to them but I think the vast number of impulse buys, sales and backlog have ruined my attention span.

Then I start to quantify time spent in each game: if I bought X on sale and love the game, but Y was full price and not enjoying it so much, what is more sensible to play? If I finished Dark Souls already on PS3 why am I rushing to finish on Switch?

Am I the only one juggling this many games? Or are you more disciplined to only buy what you need, or focus on one game at a time?
    no, its still your backlog, dont be ridiculous

14. Post
    Kog wrote:
    no, its still your backlog, dont be ridiculous
    I play several games a day on rotation which to me doesn't feel like a backlog

15. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    I've just started KH (having never played any of the games), got a long way to go
    After you're done with Chain of Memories, play 2 before playing 358 1/2 days, the plot of 358 1/2 days would make no sense without having played 2 first.

16. Post
    Crow#Zero wrote:
    I play several games a day on rotation which to me doesn't feel like a backlog
    you have games to finish = blacklog

or if you play them all in rotation...just 'currently playing'?

17. Post
    I've decided I'm going to attempt to finish colonial marines this year, with the AI fix that was found I might be able to endure it without wanting to punch myself in the junk instead.

Untitled goose game is defo going to be a must buy, will probably pick up the outer worlds but nothing else at this point is on my radar so will be the usual battlefield game + a couple of others rotation.