1. Post
    This is the most effective one I've seen for DIY traps.

And this is the improvements he made to it.

2. Post
    How dumb are mice. They must see the floating corpses of their mates and still go for it.

3. Post
    Maybe even dumb enough to vote for Trump

4. Post
    put buckets with some bait food in them under things that mice can easily climb on like fences and pipes. they will happily jump into the bucket to get the food without any consideration toward how they will get out afterwards.

5. Post
    Oh and Whangadan, just wanted to give you props for the Mr Jinx thread title.

6. Post
    Mutton wrote:
    Have you considered building a border wall?
    Brilliant.

7. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    Oh and Whangadan, just wanted to give you props for the Mr Jinx thread title.
    Thanks, loved me some huckleberry hound when I was a kid.

8. Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FumW4wuqDeQ

Mandatory vermin monologue,

9. Post
    You need a clowder of cats..

10. Post
    Living across from a chicken farm seems interesting....

We have quite a few rats around us due to living on an orchard with a stream through the property. Basically we just place poison traps all around the property and it keeps them at bay.

We have however had to develop a rat grave yard

11. Post
    have you considered opening a cambodian restaurant?

12. Post
    JRS wrote:
    have you considered opening a cambodian restaurant?
    Cambos don't eat rat, I think that's more of a Hong Kong/Chinese thing.

13. Post
    Dude way to many mice to catch them all, for every mouse you find there's at least 10 more. Your best bet is to buy a bunch of the items in the attached link, your house will be an island in a sea of anarchy.

https://www.bunnings.co.nz/big-chees...ller_p00172381

14. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Cambos don't eat rat, I think that's more of a Hong Kong/Chinese thing.
    I've seen some villages in thailand cook rats, or river rats, dunno the difference

15. Post
    come on guys, you're killing the joke!

16. Post
    Oh, there was a joke?

Name:  75C0B67C-1B4D-4FE4-B2E8-D6D8BA9B9F2B.gif
Views: 219
Size:  266.8 KB

17. Post
    Could you do a Judas Mouse? Are mice social creatures?

Like that time on some goat infested island they did a Judas Goat. They would slaughter all of a herd of goats bar one, where they would put a tracker on it. Then follow it to the next herd and repeat the process. The same goat literally wiped out all the goats on the island before it was made into a tasty goat curry.

18. Post
    WhangaDan wrote:
    Long story short - chicken farm across the road used to have 90,000 chickens. Now it's zero chickens and all the resident mice are coming into our neighbourhood in the hundreds. The neighbour's cat caught 15 mice last night.

We have a cat, traps, getting some bait today, they just keep coming, it feels like a mouse plague. We even borrowed a friends kitten for a few nights to catch them and she demolished a few.

Can/should the council do anything about this? Doc? Anyone at all?

Using bait is a bad idea when you have cats catching and eating the mice. some rodent bait are designed to take a long time to work so they end up eating many times more than the lethal dose, and birds/cats eating the rodents can be killed from eating them.

19. Post
    hey OP sorry I'm late to the thread but I think you should build some sort of water-based trap with bait which with that the meeces can climb onto then die in the water.

Hope this helps.

20. Post
    exo wrote:
    Using bait is a bad idea when you have cats catching and eating the mice. some rodent bait are designed to take a long time to work so they end up eating many times more than the lethal dose, and birds/cats eating the rodents can be killed from eating them.
    Yep we decided against bait. We have our friends kitten again and she loves catching them.

I think we're seeing the last of them fingers crossed, haven't seen many.

w0fbrains - I made one of those traps the other day. No mice caught in it yet but we haven't caught any in the other traps in two days either

21. Post
    This thread makes me want to go out and kill mice.

22. Post
    Please do.

23. Post
    WhangaDan wrote:
    Please do.
    In your honor

24. Post
    You shall be feast in the halls of mouse-valhalla.

25. Post
    <- have tried and executed mice with an air pistol. Got them Kim Jong Un feels.