Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Post
    somewhat relevant...

2. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    How dumb are mice. They must see the floating corpses of their mates and still go for it.
    When mice have had a population explosion, and start running out of food, they get desperate. They also get cannibalistic - I've seen mice eating dead mice out in the bush a fair few times. So they were probably like "Ooh, bobbing for corpses!"

While hunting one beech mast year, I was out on the flats in the middle of the day and a mouse wandered up, climbed onto my boot and sat there peering up at me with what I assume was a confused look. Starvation and desperation had reduced his fear to zero.

I also wonder if he was trying to figure out how to eat me.

3. Post
    i.e.awesome wrote:
    I've seen some villages in thailand cook rats, or river rats, dunno the difference
    Also Indonesia

4. Post
    Edward Diego wrote:
    I also wonder if he was trying to figure out how to eat me.
    Haha quite possibly. Maybe he was waiting for you to fall asleep.

I haven't seen a live mouse in 3 days, huzzah!

5. Post
    ^great news!

6. Post
    Yup! Soon when I mow the lawn I won't have to breathe atomized decomposing mouse again.

7. Post
    Shooting bees with what are presumably expensive rounds of "something" seems gloriously inefficient.

8. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    Shooting bees with what are presumably expensive rounds of "something" seems gloriously inefficient.
    But so much fun! And he's a good shot - or it's some kind of bird-shot round.

9. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    Less than 3 cents a round over there.

edit: standard .22lr is 3 cents, checked the video, he is using CCI shot shells - so probably 20 to 30 cents a shot

10. Post
    WhangaDan wrote:
    But so much fun! And he's a good shot - or it's some kind of bird-shot round.
    i'd say both. i think it's 22lr birdshot.

11. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Less than 3 cents a round over there.

edit: standard .22lr is 3 cents, checked the video, he is using CCI shot shells - so probably 20 to 30 cents a shot
    More like 50 cents
    https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/cci-...l-rimfire-ammo

Just saying, even fly paper would be more effective but then that wouldn't be a very interesting YT video.

12. Post
    pretty sure that guy gets his ammo for free from sponsors. we're well and truly off topic now...

13. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    More like 50 cents
    https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/cci-...l-rimfire-ammo

Just saying, even fly paper would be more effective but then that wouldn't be a very interesting YT video.
    Nope I shopped around a few sites. 50 cents is the most expensive, some were down to $6.xx a pack which is 30 cents, and then there were 50 packs of 22lr shot that were $12. You could probably get bulk cheaper instore. Ammo in the USA is very cheap.

14. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Nope I shopped around a few sites. 50 cents is the most expensive, some were down to $6.xx a pack which is 30 cents, and then there were 50 packs of 22lr shot that were $12. You could probably get bulk cheaper instore. Ammo in the USA is very cheap.
    Yeah it's extremely cheap if you order in the thousands of rounds, which a lot of Americans do, either for actually shooting shit or stockpiling it for the apocalypse.

15. Post
    It's for keeping the king of england out of your face

16. Post
    One of my buddies over there ordered 5000 223 rounds for range plinking, reckons he goes through a few hundred rounds per visit. It's nuts.

17. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    One of my buddies over there ordered 5000 223 rounds for range plinking, reckons he goes through a few hundred rounds per visit. It's nuts.
    So much cheaper last 1000 I bought was nearly .80 cents a round you can get 12,500 round drums now for 3,030.00 US or 0.24 cents US a round.

18. Post
    Even though I know you have to control the rat and mouse population, killing them still grosses me out. My logical side says slaughter them but my squeamish side doesn't want anything to do with it.

If a rat turned up in my bedroom I'd probably change my tune.

19. Post
    Have you ever had a mouse problem? They're destructive little f**ks. They chew through stuff to get around a house, like carpet under doors. Or they'll crawl into a drawer and shred stuff in the drawer to make a nest. When you start seeing physical damage to the house you change your tune. Or you could just visualize them as "Minions of Roumelio".

20. Post
    ^ what Vulcan said.

I don't like killing shit. I won't kill a spider just because it's inside, or a mouse just because it's on the lawn.

When they're running up and down the road, the footpath and in the gutters in broad daylight, that's a problem. I don't feel bad at all for killing them any way I can.

21. Post
    As I said, I know they have to be killed and they're a pain in the ass, I just don't really want to be the one doing the killing because I'm a wuss.

I would have been a rubbish Nazi.