1. Post

Lootboxes just got real. Literally

The Site

Buy a box. Maybe it has a key cap remover, or a mini fig, maybe it contains a 2018 Lamborghini Aventador SV or a Luxury Holiday. Although you'll need to take their word on the actual chances of winning anything of value.

It's being pushed by scumbag YouTubers like RiceGum and Jake Paul and their very young skewed audience. Seriously f**k those c**ts.

Source

This is pure gross and likely illegal in many places. The fact its made to look like gaming Lootboxes is insidious at best.

2. Post
    Easiest way to get this taken down as a EU citizen is to file a GDPR complaint, sooo many breaches

1.1. Opening the website, using and/or visiting any section http://mysterybrand.net ( the "website"), the user automatically accepts agreement to: terms and conditions, privacy Policy, terms and conditions of any promotional activities, bonuses and special offers from time to time can be accessed on the Website. All of the above terms and conditions are referred to below as the "Terms". Before accepting the Terms, the user agrees to read it carefully. If you do not agree with the terms of this agreement, we urge you stop using the services of the website. Continuation of using the website is confirmation of Your agreement to the Terms.
    Emphasis on bold. That's not how the GDPR works for a start https://gdpr-info.eu/issues/consent/

The basic requirements for the effectiveness of a valid legal consent are defined in Article 7 and specified further in recital 32 of the GDPR. Consent must be freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous. In order to obtain freely given consent, it must be given on a voluntary basis. The element “free” implies a real choice by the data subject.
    Consent cannot be implied and must always be given through an opt-in, a declaration or an active motion, so that there is no misunderstanding that the data subject has consented to the particular processing
    "Opening the website" does not imply real choice or freely given consent, by any stretch of the imagination.

3. Post
    Make a GP box,
    give out POWER/UP,
    ????,
    profit - +0-3% !

4. Post
    I smell drama coming.

I like drama.

I sense the people who created this and/or are endorsing this are about to get their shit slapped into another galaxy.

5. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    Easiest way to get this taken down as a EU citizen is to file a GDPR complaint, sooo many breaches

Emphasis on bold. That's not how the GDPR works for a start https://gdpr-info.eu/issues/consent/

"Opening the website" does not imply real choice or freely given consent, by any stretch of the imagination.
    Ahhh is that why there is the proliferation of those cookie messages on every ****ing website now?

6. Post
    he's given the box's controversial names just to cause drama/free advertising

7. Post
    I had a look at a couple of them and they are hilariously bad.

Also I can't tell if the bar at the top is looping or not but it's all utter junk.

8. Post
    lol gambling

9. Post
    voy1dnz wrote:
    Ahhh is that why there is the proliferation of those cookie messages on every ****ing website now?
    Yup, the previous version of EU law only had to give a notification that cookies were being used, the GDPR requires you to accept first before going any further if the site uses cookies. At least, that's my understanding of it.

10. Post
    I've seen these IRL lootboxes for sale for a few years, but this site seems nek lev. Hopefully it gets regulated along with other loot boxes (online ones).. How is this different to scratchies?

11. Post
    L0o7b0XeS aRe N0t GambLiNg!

12. Post
    if you buy these boxes you deserve what you get for been a weak minded gambler, along with habitual lotto players

the only thing that's wrong with this website is that it doesn't require you to submit your passport data to prove you are 18+, which is what you would need to do on any other gambling website

13. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    L0o7b0XeS aRe N0t GambLiNg!

its only cosmetic items