Madbox??? More next gen console competition

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post

Madbox??? More next gen console competition

Random, but more competition can only be good, right?

https://www.techradar.com/news/mad-b...nd-playstation

2. Post
    Maybe if a giant like Amazon made a console and had their own gaming studio to make exclusives for it I could see that working. But this.. eh?!

3. Post
    Slightly Mad Studios had to partially crowd-fund both Project CARS 1 & 2. I don't have any high hopes for this ever materialising.

4. Post
    matt8485 wrote:
    Random, but more competition can only be good, right?

https://www.techradar.com/news/mad-b...nd-playstation
    If they can secure enough investment capital I guess they could make the hardware, but the big thing is can they entice publishers to develop for the hardware? Even in the (unlikely) event that this becomes a thing it will go nowhere fast without backing from the major publishers and if the SKU differs substantially from the other platforms that is unlikely. And I seriously doubt they'll be able to secure any exclusives at all which essentially kills the thing before its even started. Why would anyone buy a brand they don't know when XBox, PS, and Ninty exist. I doubt another player can even exist in this market. The PC is the disrupter and no console it going to compete with it for a multitude of reasons. I wish them the best of luck but this looks like vapourware to me, and we're also on the cusp of game streaming being a thing so it seems dangerous to even think about entering this market.

5. Post
    Madbox? Terrible name. Can't imagine this going anywhere to be honest just like steam machines

6. Post
    this reads like an april fools joke but it's still january. at least i know what frames per second means now thanks to their detailed explanation.

7. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Slightly Mad Studios had to partially crowd-fund both Project CARS 1 & 2. I don't have any high hopes for this ever materialising.
    The crowd funding for project carts 1 worked out pretty silly well depending on when you went in on it. I think I paid about 13-20 dollars initially to have an alpha fluff (because bathurst) and drive like two laps and went zzz

I ended up with a couple of hundred back, first payment that came through my paypal was like wtf is this and took me a while to figure out. I've never bothered to play the full game...

8. Post
    So just as most of us already assumed. Its a mini ITX PC.

9. Post
    yawn

10. Post
    looks fugly

11. Post
    yeahboiwahoo wrote:
    The crowd funding for project carts 1 worked out pretty silly well depending on when you went in on it. I think I paid about 13-20 dollars initially to have an alpha fluff (because bathurst) and drive like two laps and went zzz

I ended up with a couple of hundred back, first payment that came through my paypal was like wtf is this and took me a while to figure out. I've never bothered to play the full game...
    PCars 1 was also glitchy as hell when it came out. It promised PS4 wheel support for Fanatec but the wheel would just violently jerk to the side, even if the car was at a standstill. Not good enough for something that was supposed to compete with AC, rFactor et al.