4 Taylor
    5 Latham
    6 Nicholls
    7 CdG/Bracers
    8 Santa
    9 Southee/Sodhi/Bracers/
    10 Ferg
    11 Boult

12 Henry - mixes the best powerade in NZ - bar none.

When looking at it this way - CdG is really under threat by Bracers... with Sodhi (then Ferg and Boult) - not Southee....

2. Post
    I'd be playing Bracewell ahead of CDG and batting Santana at 7. Maybe Nicholls at 5 ahead of Latham.

Sodhi in for Southee, Boult/Ferguson/Bracewell is enough seam. Kane should also bowl at least 4-5 overs in the middle.

3. Post
    <N> wrote:
    Kane should also bowl at least 4-5 overs in the middle.
    You guys thought I was joking last time I said it but I was serious. Kane has a suspect action. They won't want to bowl him too frequently prior to the world cup to avoid drawing attention.
    Once the world cup comes along he will bowl more. Is what I suspect.

He has already been suspended once, and although he has fixed his action somewhat it is still dodgy.

4. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    You guys thought I was joking last time I said it but I was serious. Kane has a suspect action. They won't want to bowl him too frequently prior to the world cup to avoid drawing attention.
    Once the world cup comes along he will bowl more. Is what I suspect.

He has already been suspended once, and although he has fixed his action somewhat it is still dodgy.
    His action isn't close to what it used to be. It was a blatant chuck back then, clear as day.

I don't see any issues with his current action, so that's on you. What is suspect about it? His elbow isn't flexing like it used to. He's not going to get away with it if it is, not now or during the WC. They would be monitoring anyone they deem suspect, there is no avoiding attention.

Rayudu was called for India last match and he rarely bowls! He's bowled 20 overs in 47 ODI's, and not for a long time. They called him almost instantly, he only bowled 2 overs.

Kane was reported like 5 years ago now... not reported since.

5. Post
    <N> wrote:
    His action isn't close to what it used to be. It was a blatant chuck back then, clear as day.

I don't see any issues with his current action, so that's on you. What is suspect about it? His elbow isn't flexing like it used to. He's not going to get away with it if it is, not now or during the WC. They would be monitoring anyone they deem suspect, there is no avoiding attention.

Rayudu was called for India last match and he rarely bowls! He's bowled 20 overs in 47 ODI's, and not for a long time. They called him almost instantly, he only bowled 2 overs.

Kane was reported like 5 years ago now... not reported since.
    Perhaps you are right we will see. Other bowlers have been called in the last three years and only had minor issues with their actions.

In other news I am expecting us to beat India 4-1. They only seem to have a top 3 when it comes to batting who are consistent. Dhoni is over the hill and has been for many years.

Their third seamer option seems weak as well.

We should carve them up.

6. Post
    One tip for keen fans during the India ODI series. Watch how long the ball swings for. In the past few Super Smash and ODIs over in Australia I have seen the ball swing into the 4th or 5th over. For the past three years it has only swung for at most 2 or 3 deliveries.

This could be a very subtle influence over which bowling attacks succeed in the world cup if this batch of kookaburras is not an outlier.

7. Post
    wrighty wrote:
    Perhaps you are right we will see. Other bowlers have been called in the last three years and only had minor issues with their actions.

In other news I am expecting us to beat India 4-1. They only seem to have a top 3 when it comes to batting who are consistent. Dhoni is over the hill and has been for many years.

Their third seamer option seems weak as well.

We should carve them up.
    I think we'll win 3-2, but I struggle to see how we're going to contain Rohit and Virat on these high-scoring wickets. I feel like Sodhi has to be our guy to get Kohli. Dhoni may be over the hill but he's still got winning performances in him, like last game.

Would not underrate the likes of Karthik, Dhawan is due, Rayudu is more a question mark... and the lack of a Pandya replacement.

wrighty wrote:
    One tip for keen fans during the India ODI series. Watch how long the ball swings for. In the past few Super Smash and ODIs over in Australia I have seen the ball swing into the 4th or 5th over. For the past three years it has only swung for at most 2 or 3 deliveries.

This could be a very subtle influence over which bowling attacks succeed in the world cup if this batch of kookaburras is not an outlier.
    We aren't going to beat them with swing, maybe it can move a bit more under lights at Hamilton and Napier but the Bay Oval is fairly docile.

8. Post
    Going for three posts in a row

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...s;type=bowling

Lockie Ferguson has been coming on like a freight train lately. In the last 12 months he has the best ODI SR in the world.

9. Post
    <N> wrote:
    I think we'll win 3-2, but I struggle to see how we're going to contain Rohit and Virat on these high-scoring wickets. I feel like Sodhi has to be our guy to get Kohli. Dhoni may be over the hill but he's still got winning performances in him, like last game.

Would not underrate the likes of Karthik, Dhawan is due, Rayudu is more a question mark... and the lack of a Pandya replacement.

We aren't going to beat them with swing, maybe it can move a bit more under lights at Hamilton and Napier but the Bay Oval is fairly docile.
    I gave Dhawan his due when I said they have a consistent top three.

They are a batsman light overall.

10. Post
    What a disgraceful article/opinion piece, honestly one of the worst I have ever read. The guy was found not guilty by the courts, let him live his life.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricke...ott-kuggeleijn

11. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    What a disgraceful article/opinion piece, honestly one of the worst I have ever read. The guy was found not guilty by the courts, let him live his life.

Was so obvious one of those stuff feminists would go on a tangent as soon as he made his NZ debut.

12. Post
    <N> wrote:
    Was so obvious one of those stuff feminists would go on a tangent as soon as he made his NZ debut.
    Yea I am surprised Lizzie Marvely didn't beat her to it.

13. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:

read that... wimmenz don't do themselves a favor sometimes.

14. Post
    turning_point wrote:
    read that... wimmenz don't do themselves a favor sometimes.
    I feel like most women living in the real world roll their eyes at articles like that

- - - Updated - - -

Thought this was well put about Southee...shows how much he has dined out on that CWC performance

Name:  IMG_1883.JPG
Views: 184
Size:  170.5 KB

edit - sorry, don't know how to rotate it back to how it uploaded...

15. Post
    Latham made a pretty good case for Munro's spot last night; Nicholls to five....

16. Post
    Williamson is a great batsman, but a pretty average captain, against this really good Indian batting side he needs to keep changing his bowlers around in very short spells so that they don't get use to facing a bowler & apply other pressure too at the right times... Williamson needs to ****in' realise captaincy is much more than just getting your bowlers to ball in good areas to your field in orthodox fielding positions sitting back just hoping to get wickets,

17. Post
    signman wrote:
    Williamson is a great batsman, but a pretty average captain, against this really good Indian batting side he needs to keep changing his bowlers around in very short spells so that they don't get use to facing a bowler & apply other pressure too at the right times... Williamson needs to ****in' realise captaincy is much more than just getting your bowlers to ball in good areas to your field in orthodox fielding positions sitting back just hoping to get wickets,
    You spout a lot of BS about Kane's captaincy, so you obviously think you know what makes a good captain. Have you ever captained a team before? He's obviously doing something right given NZ's performances since he took over, also individuals improving.

How can you say he's an average captain? He's already up there as one of our most successful test captains, much more so than Baz already. You seem to rate McCullum's style of captaincy and think that's the only way.

You love the 'sit back and hope for wickets' line, eh? Like some players aren't good enough to not hit it to fielders or something.

Pretty funny how he was named captain in team of the year too.

Indigo1 wrote:
    Latham made a pretty good case for Munro's spot last night; Nicholls to five....
    It's a possibility if Munro fails in the Indian series... but I'm hesitant. It would mean we stack the middle order with all-rounders. Tom will never play the way he did last night opening in an ODI. He did get two golden ducks in his four domestic T20 innings. I don't want to be Aussie and pick our ODI squad based purely on what happens in T20.
    Last edited by <N>; 20th January 2019 at 11:56 am.

18. Post
    Signman - name one current captain you would take over Kane and why? I can't think of any. I certainly don't think Root or Kohli are any better.

19. Post
    <N> wrote:
    Signman - name one current captain you would take over Kane and why? I can't think of any. I certainly don't think Root or Kohli are any better.
    Steve Smith

20. Post
    <N> wrote:
    At any level of cricket I would take Tom Bruce. I think he is the best tactical captain I have seen in some years.

21. Post
    <N> wrote:
    Root isn't the ODI captain at all. It's Morgan - and he does a damn fine job at it. And has to be given a lot of credit to the English rebuild. Kohli really only picks the team and leaves the rest to Dhoni in the field to sort out. Dhoni is cool, relaxed and clinical.

That said - I have no issues at all with KW's captaincy. I think he's doing more than fine in limited overs if Stead is giving him the team selections. I think in limited overs especially - KW has shown his skills for NZ in the field - as well as SRH (low score game after low score game they won under him - it became a meme).... We have a good one. He holds his nerve, and is good under pressure. At some point - the bowlers have to do their part too.

But Morgan is an ace. Lets be honest. But KW has years to catch him up and run him down. He may never run Dhoni down as he got the job a long time ago and India play so much cricket. But I find it hard betting against KW, not because of emotion, but he just rises successfully to the challenge so often.

KW will tell Santner and Rashid - do your thing, and sometimes he may say to Rance or S Kaul what he wants then to try if the current plan isn't working. And its upto the bowlers to communicate also. Not just execute. Its all beer and skittles when the bowlers are on top - but they need to tell the captain when they're struggling.

I see no issues with KW as captain. If he likes the job and keeps scoring runs - its his until retirement as far as I care.
    Last edited by Paddles; 20th January 2019 at 11:21 pm.

22. Post
    <N> wrote:
    You spout a lot of BS about Kane's captaincy, so you obviously think you know what makes a good captain. Have you ever captained a team before? He's obviously doing something right given NZ's performances since he took over, also individuals improving.

How can you say he's an average captain? He's already up there as one of our most successful test captains, much more so than Baz already. You seem to rate McCullum's style of captaincy and think that's the only way.

You love the 'sit back and hope for wickets' line, eh? Like some players aren't good enough to not hit it to fielders or something.

Pretty funny how he was named captain in team of the year too.

You're dreaming if you think he's a innovative captain, have given reason why he isn't.

Clearly McCullum went way over the top proactive wise which obviously isn't a good thing, but at least he didn't consistently let things go like Williamson does instead of applying pressure when needed.

23. Post
    <N> wrote:
    Fact is there is no outstanding captain in international cricket, the so called best ones are all about the same standard... find it astonishing that none of them are proactive, to be proactive you don't have to take big risks, as mentioned before in field settings just attack for short periods or if your really nullifying them keep the foot on the throat, just read the situation for how long you should keep the pressure going.

Not saying there are any obvious choices to take over as NZ captain, but it's probably worth giving someone else a crack, as he just doesn't do enough as the capt for me.
    Last edited by signman; 21st January 2019 at 10:34 am.

24. Post
    Was gonna take brother to the T20 at Eden, saw pricing.

Yea nah.

25. Post
    signman wrote:
    Fact is there is no outstanding captain in international cricket, the so called best ones are all about the same standard... find it astonishing that none of them are proactive, to be proactive you don't have to take big risks, as mentioned before in field settings just attack for short periods or if your really nullifying them keep the foot on the throat, just read the situation for how long you should keep the pressure going.

Not saying there are any obvious choices to take over as NZ captain, but it's probably worth giving someone else a crack, as he just doesn't do enough as the capt for me.
    What do you want - slips in the 30th over when the ball isn't swinging?